Is there too much air

Medical

Hi all.
I'm getting a little problem. I'm wondering if I'm bubbling too much. I'm using DWC and fill the buckets up to the bottom of the baskets. I've had two air stones in the buckets at a time. I would but one into each, but when one is remove I wind up with a spair. The air pumps from wal-marts fish dept are cheap, but have two outlets. Also, I recommed you use the check valves that come with them. Had water back siphen into a expensive pump and crapped it out.

DWC= Deep Water culture. It's hydro in a bucket. You hang your plant in a basket and bubble the nut solution.

My friend ran had two air stone set up but didnt have the problem...try taking out one of the stones.

I feel the main problem is algea. I've used hygrowzine and hydroguard (works great). I'm using white buckets. I'm looking for panda buckets or I'll just get black one and paint them white on the outside.

Once I fixed this problem the roots started to take off. I was getting very excited due to one growing very big and bushy. Tall strong and green, bud's starting, then dam dam dam big fat male. Tought fu@%ker, I tossed it with the bucket outside just see what would happen. Well the algea came back big time, but the male still hanging in there. Dumped the water and hosed off the roots (mist spray). The water blew all the algea off and didn't damaged the roots. Wow, now hope the other ones a female.

Hope you get your girl.As long as you have light leaks to to the roots and nutriant mix, algea will constanly plague ya even with the enzymes and guard.

Why not paint the white bucket with black paint? Then paint over the black paint with white paint. You end up with an opaque bucket that does not absorb too much heat.
Concerning the stones... I run 6 stones in my bubbler.

Have a good one... and good luck with the bubble bucket.

Back
Top Bottom