Is This A Good Or Bad Idea?

IrishGrower

hi fellow pot head :thumb: :volcano-smiley:

iv recently started to flush one of my plants but still more to do as their all a weed ahead of each other cause i didnt want to to all harvesting/trimming ect.. at one time,
but any way the bud lower buds on my plant arent getting as much light as id like them to, would it be ok for me to cut of good few of the fan leafs as i want them to get as much light in their lasts days befor their lol
:420::420::420::420::420::420:

Re: is this a good or bad idea ?

yes be fine , lol are you stoned mate , you said their a weed ahead of each other LOL

haha yes i was very stoned actully , i didnt even notice ha, but i did hear the bus need to drain wats left from the leafs while their flushing ? or would i be still ok to trim them off ??:thumb:

Why not harvest the ripe top buds and let the bottoms finish off for a few more days?

i was already planning that put im after cutting most fan leafs on one plant befor seen this comment but all buds getting lots more light now, was i right to do so ??

Try a combination of both methods. First get rid of some fan leaves for better light penetration. You're likely going to have some unhealthy leaves by this point anyway. The upper buds will be ripe first, so I'd recommend harvesting them and then leaving the plant in 12/12 for a few more days to give the lower buds a chance to grow a bit more. Of course, that's all dependent on how much time and space you have. If time and space aren't an issue, that's the way I'd handle it.

With one lady in early flower, I had to make room for two more fresh from veg. Some of the fan leaves were shaded out or sticking so far out, they crowded the three plants. So I selectively trimmed the lowest fan leaves and any that were shaded or in the way. This opened up all 3 plants to more light and air circulation. Whenever I do this, the plants tend to pop out shoots all over, so I have my choice as to what to train and what to trim. I have started watering with brown sugar water to boost bud size and to replace what the fan leaves might have produced. (Blackstrap Molasses is $6 a pint here. Brown sugar is a lot cheaper)

Leaves and stems were sticky when I cut them, and are now brewing (old, slow method) in a vodka tincture.

when yous say harvest the top buds first, would it be ok to just cut the main stem down as far i want to leave for longer?

when yous say harvest the top buds first, would it be ok to just cut the main stem down as far i want to leave for longer?

You can do just about anything you want to Cannibus, in the way of pruning and training, and it will survive. As long as there are at least a pair of healthy nodes left, she can be re-vegged.

Greencaper's advice is a good option, esp if you have a small grow. You don't have to kill your best lady in order to harvest her flowers, esp if they don't mature at the same rate. You might want to keep her going, put her back in veg (16/8) and take clones for the next generation, (and you have the room).

After a good veggin out to recover, your next harvest will be sooner, since you don't have to start over and wait for her to grow up. I know you can keep them going for years, but after a while, even plants get old and need to be replaced. By then, you'll have healthy daughters (clones) to replace her in the flowering tent.

Back
Top Bottom