Is this a Hermie? Or is it too soon?

dabking710

20150914_165238_001.jpg
20150914_165056_001.jpg
20150914_164952.jpg
14422664966331.jpg
Hello all,
I am new to the forum as a member, but thank everyone for their contributions as I've been reading as a guest for quite some time now.
I have included a few pics of what I am hoping is NOT a case of "dude looks like a lady", but maybe someone can help.. The last harvest had seeds due to a hermie, and I am guessing the clones taken would result in their traits showing up indefinitely, right? They are still in veg tho, btw. There seems to be a ball closest to the stem, so not sure if these are early signs... Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

I thought the balls in the center of the first pic I've attached on this reply was a sign of what showed up on them (pic #2).. guess i need to wait till i flip them over.. do u think i should consider pulling before the seeds develop further? They are 60+ days in so maybe they won't have time to mature anyway at this point. Will pull in a week or two unless there is a benefit to pulling now. . Any thoughts?
1442278614735.jpg
20150914_205426.jpg

I thought the balls in the center of the first pic I've attached on this reply was a sign of what showed up on them (pic #2).. guess i need to wait till i flip them over.. do u think i should consider pulling before the seeds develop further? They are 60+ days in so maybe they won't have time to mature anyway at this point. Will pull in a week or two unless there is a benefit to pulling now. . Any thoughts?
1442278614735.jpg
20150914_205426.jpg

It's hard to tell if those are balls or seeds. Sometimes seeds can herm out late into bloom. It's really impossible to know if that's going to happen until it does...or doesn't.

Yes. They look like seeds. I guess I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Seeds and balls are much different things.

Sorry, i guess I'm trying to understand:
1. the difference between the balls and the seed clusters..
2. to b sure they're not related?
3. If the premature clusters will have time to develop if they're taken down in two weeks?
4. If u suggest taking them down early (they have been in flower since 7/06?
Thx again

"Balls" are male flowers before they actually bloom. They can turn into true white flowers (if you let them go for too long) as compared to the female plants that only produce buds. The male flowers produce pollen and hope that it gets spread to the female plants which, on contact, start the formation of seeds.

So they are related. You can't have seeds without pollen. That being said- A female plant can produce pollen by creating pollen sacks (bannans) usually late into bloom. The bananas are usually caused by some sort of stress or chemical induction.

It looks, to me, like those seed clusters are fairly far along might have a chance to finish in the next two weeks. Don't worry though. Your herb will be fine smoke still. You'll just have to sort through some seeds when you break it up.
I would definitely wait for them to finish. No reason to chop them early. They already have seeds, might as well just let them mature properly at this point.

Thank you iwltfum.. ur feedback verifies what i have learned so far, and just glad that i seemingly hadn't missed anything.. After my last harvest, i ended up with a stress related hermie, or two, that i luckily separated from the pack, and was just making sure that there wasn't a trait being passed down thru the clones..
Which leads me to my final question on this topic which is- if ur plant is born a hermie, then the clippings will absolutely follow genetically, correct? So all clones will also follow with seeds, right?

Thank you iwltfum.. ur feedback verifies what i have learned so far, and just glad that i seemingly hadn't missed anything.. After my last harvest, i ended up with a stress related hermie, or two, that i luckily separated from the pack, and was just making sure that there wasn't a trait being passed down thru the clones..
Which leads me to my final question on this topic which is- if ur plant is born a hermie, then the clippings will absolutely follow genetically, correct? So all clones will also follow with seeds, right?
An yes, i did clone a few already in early flower, just to go thru the process and see how they reacted. It was from a final cleanup of branches that wouldn't end up "seeing the light of day", i guess u would say. . Lol..

Back
Top Bottom