Is this a hermie

Karathrace

Hey all!
This is my first grow, and unfortunately I suspect I might have a hermie on my hands..
She's 5 weeks into flowering by now, under a 250 watts HPS light.
so, is it a hermie or not?
If it i a hermie, what should I do? I don't have any additional plants it might destroy, but will it be any good?

Thanks!
Kara

IMG_5866.JPG

Re: Is this a hermie?!

Im gonna say yes, it certainly looks like a hermi to me, is the seed you planted from some bud that had seeds in it? from what I understand if you plant a seed from some bud that has seeds (hermi buds) your almost sure to get either a male or a hermi, I dont know that a pure female is possible from bag seed, but I could be wrong, I have only grown once and had the same result as you, and because im too afraid to order seeds online I haven't bothered to grow again, but keep asking questions here and studying info here, it is a great site with more info than you can take in in one day, hope I have helped some.

also from what I understand if you pull those little sacks off before they open it may reduce the amount of seeds that are produced, let it grow and smoke it, if nothing else it will be a learning experience.:goodluck:

Thanks for the fast replay!
She/He got 4 more weeks to go... should i keep on growing or should i kill the bastard?

Is that your only plant? If no get rid of it....If so check every day and continue to pull Balls off. ;)
Wet your fingertips before pulling sacks, Most Pollen will stick to your fingers and not get loose.

Yes, this is my only plant. I'll try and keep pulling the sacks off. Thank you all!
Defiantly getting feminized seeds for the next grow.

Kara

Im gonna say yes, it certainly looks like a hermi to me, is the seed you planted from some bud that had seeds in it? from what I understand if you plant a seed from some bud that has seeds (hermi buds) your almost sure to get either a male or a hermi, I dont know that a

so free2blaze - What are you saying that if you plant seeds extracted from the bud actually has a big possibility it will be mail?

Hey all!
This is my first grow, and unfortunately I suspect I might have a hermie on my hands..
She's 5 weeks into flowering by now, under a 250 watts HPS light.
so, is it a hermie or not?
If it i a hermie, what should I do? I don't have any additional plants it might destroy, but will it be any good?

Thanks!
Kara

IMG_5866.JPG

Hell just let the plant finish and dry it, cure it, and smoke it !! It's surely get you stoned ! just don't save any seeds !:peace:

no very wrong if you get a seed from a bag of bud FEMALE it is most likly to be a female seed the only reason reason plants go hermy is cause they get stresed or have to many diffrent hormone levels

Please dont give out misinformation, if your not sure of an answer then dont give one. You can grow seeds from buds, where do you think seeds come from. Hermis come from a plant that is either stressed to the point where a female plant grows male pollen sacs, or, it is geneticly a hermi to begin with from having that trait bred into it. Buds that have seeds in them is just a bud that has been pollonated by a male. If it was pollonated by itself, being a hermi (a getnetic hermi, not a stressed hermi), then there is a good possibility that those resulting seeds will have the hermi trait in them. That doesn't gaurentee that they would be a hermi, but the trait is in the genetics, so there is a chance.
I'm sure you didnt mean any harm, but try not to coment if your not sure the correct answer.
Peace

Please dont give out misinformation, if your not sure of an answer then dont give one. You can grow seeds from buds, where do you think seeds come from. Hermis come from a plant that is either stressed to the point where a female plant grows male pollen sacs, or, it is geneticly a hermi to begin with from having that trait bred into it. Buds that have seeds in them is just a bud that has been pollonated by a male. If it was pollonated by itself, being a hermi (a getnetic hermi, not a stressed hermi), then there is a good possibility that those resulting seeds will have the hermi trait in them. That doesn't gaurentee that they would be a hermi, but the trait is in the genetics, so there is a chance.
I'm sure you didnt mean any harm, but try not to coment if your not sure the correct answer.
Peace

I'm with NEPharmer on this one. If you state a fact, be prepared to back it up. I've read too many posts by pseudo-scientists that are not backed up with proof (like plants excrete waste through their roots--WTF?).

Back
Top Bottom