Is this a hermie?

JulesT

Is this a hermie? Loads of big calyxes, but no buds forming, unlike the plant in the background. Day 79 UK greenhouse grow. Cheers.

20170613_181650.jpg

I don't see any pollen sacks, it looks a little off though. Not sure entirely why, it looks like it either has seeds or it is revegetating, or it is confused what to do.

That's why I wasn't sure, it's been worrying me for a week or so. I see nothing male. But I ain't seeing no colas. I've never seen calyxes that big before, strikes me it's putting energy into trying to seed. Anyway, have chopped it and decided not to risk the other one. Thinking back to my first grow I might have had a couple like this, but I didn't know what I was doing then. Last year from the same batch I had a plant not quite grow right, but it wasn't like that one, it just stayed lower and somehow didn't quite flower right. I have a good use in mind for the chopped one so its OK.

I just grew a Fast Buds Gorrilla Glue auto for 100 days. It looked just like that. Long pistols, extremely leafy, very little caylex and trichomes were almost all on the undersides of the leaves.
I can't speak for your plant without inspecting it closer (which I can't do lol) but there is the very real possibility that you have the same genitic flaw. Mine plant looked the same when it started out so I ran it in the flower room with the next grow for longer to just see what might happen. The only thing the changed was more leaves lol. No caylex swell, no buds.
I did watch for either male pollen sacs or yellow bananas but it never hermied.
Like mentioned above looks like the Ruduralis is dominating.
As seed companies rush to put out new strains we will see more inconsistencies like this. It takes years to properly stabilize a strain.
Sorry to see that happened, I feel for ya. I'd pop another one now so if you decide to pull the Fast Buds XL you will have another started to replace it.

I just grew a Fast Buds Gorrilla Glue auto for 100 days. It looked just like that. Long pistols, extremely leafy, very little caylex and trichomes were almost all on the undersides of the leaves.
I can't speak for your plant without inspecting it closer (which I can't do lol) but there is the very real possibility that you have the same genitic flaw. Mine plant looked the same when it started out so I ran it in the flower room with the next grow for longer to just see what might happen. The only thing the changed was more leaves lol. No caylex swell, no buds.
I did watch for either male pollen sacs or yellow bananas but it never hermied.
Like mentioned above looks like the Ruduralis is dominating.
As seed companies rush to put out new strains we will see more inconsistencies like this. It takes years to properly stabilize a strain.
Sorry to see that happened, I feel for ya. I'd pop another one now so if you decide to pull the Fast Buds XL you will have another started to replace it.

For reasons of stealth, the window of opportunity has closed for this year unfortunately. You live and learn eh. I'll make hash from it so not completely wasted.

Is this a herm or new growth. Can't tell the difference between a pollen sac forming or new growth or calyx forming my buds swelling it's week 4

Back
Top Bottom