Is this a K deficiency?

Bnelly

As the title suggests I think it looks like K def but also havent seen it before. I have been giving cal mag every watering/feeding.

Strain: Blueberry Kush
Container: 5 gal fabric pot
Media: 3/1 FFOF/FFHF with 20% perlite
Light: Outside
Temps: around 80s in the sun
RH: 30-40%
Nutes: Age old Grow, Cal Mag+, and Liquid Kelp

20200620_162246.jpg
20200620_162252.jpg
20200620_162258.jpg

I always aim for 6.5 but dont nit pick if its 6.4-6.6ish
My two cents then. The overall pict shows the lower leaves all droopy which I am thinking may be overwatering which may effect nute uptake even with good ph.

Maybe let her sit longer between waterings.

Would be good to get more season growers eyes on this thread as I’m sure they would know without batting an eye. LoL

My two cents then. The overall pict shows the lower leaves all droopy which I am thinking may be overwatering which may effect nute uptake even with good ph.

Maybe let her sit longer between waterings.

Would be good to get more season growers eyes on this thread as I’m sure they would know without batting an eye. LoL

Thanks for the input King, any ideas are helpful to think through and rule out! I dont think its overwatering, I think im pretty bad about watering them lol so sometimes I let them dry out a little too much before watering again. Some of them get real droopy before I get around to giving some nice water. I mean I will n

I think it may be a salt build up in the soil preventing uptake of nutes? I have been giving max doses of Cal Mag at every watering, maybe that has just been collecting. I have noticed these symptoms on the rest of my plants as well. But again I've never seen any of this stuff before so im trying be a bit cautious, than just going all "willy nilly" trying to fix them haha

Calcium and magnesium are both potassium "antagonists," if I am remembering correctly. But I might not be - take a look at Mulder's Chart to be sure.

I have never heard of this before but after looking it up all 3 of the elements are antagonistic to each other. So I think it would make sense that an excess of 1 would shut the others down so calcium shut down potassium if I'm understanding it correctly?

Thank you for this great info!

That's what I was thinking, yes. (But that doesn't mean I was correct ;) .)

I mean it would make sense, I had a cal def early on and needed to use it with my soil. Perhaps just went a little bit too heavy with it.

So next step I assume would be either just dropping the amount of CalMag or flushing the soil to remove it.

Back
Top Bottom