Is this a male (urgent)

jutjut

HELP

I think i may have identified this as a male. Is the pollen from the males orange? I'm pretty sure the pre-flowers for females are white and the hairs I'm seeing on this plant are orange. Please can you help me identify whether its male or female? Hope the image is clearly visible:

pollen5.jpg

The help would be greatly appreciated.

Not identifiable from the picture.

Anyhow, instead of white-hairs protruding from the inter nodal areas,there will be little ball-like protusions. Upon noticing those ( you can be sure with a jewlers loupe) I would trash trash the plant quick, unless your aiming to breed.

Just keep monitoring.

Also, males typically show signs of sex first before females. Those orange hairs were likely the plants first attempt at producing sex cells, however these ones seemed to have shriveled up and became orange. No worries, just got to keep an eye on them. Flowers (whether they be male or female) typically get the message to pop out due to complete darkness. Every morning you should inspect for new growth of pistils or pollen pods.

is there any way to determine if it is a hermie ? i have one plant thats about 2weeks into flowering and i notice clear signs of male but then i also see white hairs popping out in differnet nodes. so im stuck i dont know what to do! im leaning on the side of just pulling it but i dont want to pull something good

The ones that dont have little hairs sticking out may still be the preflowers. All of them wont start popping out all there hairs yet. As long as you see a point and a split going down the middle then there soon to be pistols. Even if its a hermie then you can either pull the pollen sacks off the plant before they open or you can let the plant pollinate it self. You will come out with 100% female seeds. Depending on what cause the plant to hermie will let you know if the seeds will be hermie genetics are not

If you let the pollen sacs grow, you will allow the possibility for them to self-pollinate, and you'll end up with a bunch of low-THC seed-like cannabis that won't be medicating. Picking off the pollen sacs likely won't change the plants DNA ( its either male or female from seed), or a hermaphrodite.. So I'd rather not take any chances with pollination unless I'm attempting to breed.

So whenever I see a plant with male flowers, I just immediately terminate its life. You just have to be sure about what you are doing.

Thank you very much all for the informative responses. I have hope now that the plant in the given image may actually be female and if so I think it'll be the biggest yielding. It is plant 3 in my journal (in my sig). Feel free to pop by and I'll check your grows out too if you have any.

@WizHigh - That diagram was very helpful. Thanks a lot man.

@bigblunts209 - Dude if there is a possiblity of you having a hermie maybe consider seperating it so that it doesn't pollinate the other plants. But getting free feminized seeds seems like a huge bonus to me.

Back
Top Bottom