Is this a nute problem and how do I fix it?

John Holmes

Hello there, about 6 days ago i flipped my girls over to 12/12, ive now started seeing some damages to the leaves. I guess it has something to do with nutes, but what?

Im growing in coco using GHE flora trio on quarter strength on the original feedingchart. I let them sit in runoff. I water everyday. It appears only the bottomleaves are affected. My first grow so dont hold back any information. ;):D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    522.3 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    674 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 124
Looks like cal mag deficiency. are you talking about the feed chart on the bottle? also what's the pH of the solution you're feeding? also wondering if you meant to say you DON'T let them sit in the runoff lol.

Looks like cal mag deficiency. are you talking about the feed chart on the bottle? also what's the pH of the solution you're feeding? also wondering if you meant to say you DON'T let them sit in the runoff lol.
My pH is at 5.7, someone told me that if i go for quarter strength its okay to let them sit in the runoff. Im looking at this chart. Im giving them 5ml per gal, should i up it?

Attachments

• 67A1F8C1-ACFB-4E07-B794-D7075DE55549.png
    67A1F8C1-ACFB-4E07-B794-D7075DE55549.png
    528.8 KB · Views: 96
I see no good reason to let them sit in salty liquid.
Its not salty at quarter strength mate. Plants that size will swallow the lot and dont leave any noticeable build ups. Works just like a hempy or an autopot. I do it too. Sit em in about 4L of run off so i can go 2 days between feeds and theyre keeping up with my NFT res no problem. Incidentally thats why i know its fine. I can see the strength changing in the res and theyre all on the same feed.
Just thought id answer it as it sounds like was maybe me he was speaking to lol

Its just that its a pain to lift out the containers theyre sittning in every time i water..

mine sit on grates and i just use a shop vac to suck it off the tent floor.

My pH is at 5.7, someone told me that if i go for quarter strength its okay to let them sit in the runoff. Im looking at this chart. Im giving them 5ml per gal, should i up it?

try feeding them full strength late veg feed. those plants are big and will eat it up like buffet.

So i should up the calmag to about 10ml per gal? Im thinking about using half the strength that the feedchart tells me, but then i wont be able to let it sit in the runoff i suspect?

So i should up the calmag to about 10ml per gal? Im thinking about using half the strength that the feedchart tells me, but then i wont be able to let it sit in the runoff i suspect?

go full strength and remove run off. if you see a little bit of yellow or brown on the tips of the leaves dilute it a bit. I use 2ml / gal of calimagic with every feed, but i use tap water and probably don't need as much as if i used RO.

go full strength and remove run off. if you see a little bit of yellow or brown on the tips of the leaves dilute it a bit. I use 2ml / gal of calimagic with every feed, but i use tap water and probably don't need as much as if i used RO.
Trust me mate if you'd ever grown in a reservoir you'd know there's never a need for full strength nutes in hydro. It's just a waste of money .
The one in my profile pic was 22oz and could only take 1400 for a few weeks. The rest of the time she never went over 1000.
Full strength is usually around 2500ppm.
You can see exactly how much feed they take in a reservoir and Coco behaves exactly the same way. Mine are twice the size of his and only on 500ppm with no deficits.
This why people think run off is dangerous. When you feed mass amounts of nutes thinking they're being absorbed the run off will go fairly toxic.

The truth is though you can't force feed them anything. The roots pick and choose what they want, when they want. Everything else just gets left behind.
Again, you can see it pretty precisely in a reservoir.

Save like 80% + on your nutes bill if you learn to just feed what they want instead of following company schedules.
Can re-use the run off aswell if you're feeding right. Just chuck it back in the mix and it works the same way as a hydro Res. You can then use the ppm meter to tell you how strong to make it.
Think how a Wilma or an oxypot works. Same thing.

All hydro methods are the same mate.
Again, just think what a hempy bucket is.
One of the most popular ways to grow hydro and it's basically a pot with the bottom 3inches full of run off.
How can that be so successful if run off is dangerous?

Shouldn't feed till they burn iether. Too much nutes slows them down and by the time you see it the damage is already being caused.
Feed on the lighter side and wait till they tell you they're hungry and they'll have better availability to absorb things at their leisure so actually take In a lot more nutes than they do from a heavier feed.
And the worst thing that can happen is the bottom leaves go a little bit yellow. No harm done.
Your pH will behave as it's meant to if the feed is the right strength also. Again though, can only really see it properly if you grow in a Res.

Not jumping down your throat by the way mate just got stuck on a tangent there lol.
No point wasting 4 or 5 times more nutes than you need to though. It's expensive and very bad for the planet.
Save a life, hug a tree and all that lol :)

Trust me mate if you'd ever grown in a reservoir you'd know there's never a need for full strength nutes in hydro. It's just a waste of money .
The one in my profile pic was 22oz and could only take 1400 for a few weeks. The rest of the time she never went over 1000.
Full strength is usually around 2500ppm.
You can see exactly how much feed they take in a reservoir and Coco behaves exactly the same way. Mine are twice the size of his and only on 500ppm with no deficits.
This why people think run off is dangerous. When you feed mass amounts of nutes thinking they're being absorbed the run off will go fairly toxic.

The truth is though you can't force feed them anything. The roots pick and choose what they want, when they want. Everything else just gets left behind.
Again, you can see it pretty precisely in a reservoir.

Save like 80% + on your nutes bill if you learn to just feed what they want instead of following company schedules.
Can re-use the run off aswell if you're feeding right. Just chuck it back in the mix and it works the same way as a hydro Res. You can then use the ppm meter to tell you how strong to make it.
Think how a Wilma or an oxypot works. Same thing.

All hydro methods are the same mate.
Again, just think what a hempy bucket is.
One of the most popular ways to grow hydro and it's basically a pot with the bottom 3inches full of run off.
How can that be so successful if run off is dangerous?

Shouldn't feed till they burn iether. Too much nutes slows them down and by the time you see it the damage is already being caused.
Feed on the lighter side and wait till they tell you they're hungry and they'll have better availability to absorb things at their leisure so actually take In a lot more nutes than they do from a heavier feed.
And the worst thing that can happen is the bottom leaves go a little bit yellow. No harm done.
Your pH will behave as it's meant to if the feed is the right strength also. Again though, can only really see it properly if you grow in a Res.

Not jumping down your throat by the way mate just got stuck on a tangent there lol.
No point wasting 4 or 5 times more nutes than you need to though. It's expensive and very bad for the planet.
Save a life, hug a tree and all that lol :)
That feed schedule isn't that strong. 800 -900 ppm max.

That feed schedule isn't that strong. 800 -900 ppm max.
Really? That's a first lol. Usually well over 2000. I'll have to go check this out and humbly stand corrected.
There was one I've seen that was pretty good but all the others have been nonesense. Lost count of the times I've seen "fed em what the chart said and they fried" turns out the chart says 2000 for seedlings lol. I'll go check it out though bud.

Really? That's a first lol. Usually well over 2000. I'll have to go check this out and humbly stand corrected.
There was one I've seen that was pretty good but all the others have been nonesense. Lost count of the times I've seen "fed em what the chart said and they fried" turns out the chart says 2000 for seedlings lol. I'll go check it out though bud.

you're totally right tho. so many brands recipe will just kill everything lol. i was surprised to see they kinda adjusted their schedule so we don't kill our plants. my last grow i actually found their schedule a little weak come flowering.

Okay so i should try going full strength then and start to remove runoff?

Im no pro but i do think that. if you see anything funky just dial back a bit and wait a day or 2. coco is amazing for being able to adjust on the fly.

Back
Top Bottom