Is this blower too big? Pics

night_neo

New grow space is a stealth dresser about the same size as this one. My dresser is more squared and ugly but same shape.
dresser1.jpg

As of right now it doesnt have any ventilation. I'm starting off with CFL's for veg then 400 watt hps with cooltube for flowering. Is this blower too big for the dresser? It's hard to tell from the picture what size exactly it is. I dont know the details of the blower just yet but its 15 bucks from a local guy and it's wired to plug into wall.
3n63k33m4ZZZZZZZZZ95v486762ed52051654.jpg

He said it's made to exhaust a building like a paint booth or just move air

Do you guys think its overkill or would be too loud for my stealth dresser?

If you're looking for a next to silent set up that fan will make too much noise in my opinion. It looks like its over 500cfm!

If you're looking for a next to silent set up that fan will make too much noise in my opinion. It looks like its over 500cfm!

Is there a way to muffle the sound? I was thinking about putting up drywall all around inside to provide insulation and sound deadening of some sort. There will be a fairly loud running computer tower only a few feet away from this grow wich will slightly help divert the attation of any fans from within the dresser.

With a 400 watt hps do you think 500 cfms would be too much? I thought the goal was to replenish the grow space's air 3 times every minutes?

No I don't think its over kill, I got a 440cfm can fan in my closet, and with the bedroom door open I can hear the fan running from the living room, Investing in a speed control unit will be wise. That way you don't have to blast the fan on full and that will also help keep the sound down.

No I don't think its over kill, I got a 440cfm can fan in my closet, and with the bedroom door open I can hear the fan running from the living room, Investing in a speed control unit will be wise. That way you don't have to blast the fan on full and that will also help keep the sound down.

Bottem line, is it worth it? Should I go this route with the blower and a speed control unit or should I look into a different blower?

What would you do?

Well yes it's worth it for sure, if you're restricted on funds grab it for sure and the speed control unit and you'll be around $30 invested. Yet if funds aren't an issue than buy a smaller one that would still do the job and be quieter.

Back
Top Bottom