Is this bud rot?

Cspliff

Hello,
I'm growing outdoors, and noticed an abnormal looking bud. I removed the bud. Does anyone know what caused this?
image3835.jpg

If it hasn't yet, it can and it will, a lot of people are struggling right now with this damned high humidity and some of these bugs! Bud rot is some scary crap. Are you growing in an open space or are your girls covered with say a greenhouse/tarp/etc. in an enclosure? How high is the humidity % wise, have a close guesstimate? Anything hovering over 70% could be very sketchy. Personally, IMO, I would get outside and start looking through all your buddage and plants, start making sure you find what it rotting now before later, get very familiar with the plants. The longer the bud rotted nugs stay on the plant the worse off the plant is going to be, the reason the nugs are rotting in the first place, my guess is due to the rain in your area.. Can you set up a few fans that can keep a breeze on these girls?

The humidity right now is 83%. She isn't covered with anything, and it would be difficult to get a fan to her. I think I have removed all of the damaged buds. If it starts to spread, should I harvest early?

If it is very aggressive and is consuming the plant quickly I would probably be on the lines of partial harvest early, then no harvest late, but that's just me. I'm always in need of meds and an early harvest to me means something to chief on, regardless if pulled early. All up to you buddy!

This looks like a bit of decomposing plant tissue, which suggests mold has been the culprit. Keep an eye out by going through each cola and kind of open up and see what's inside the inner-crannies, since it's more moist at that location in the plant. A lot of the times buds and colas can seem perfectly healthy from the outside, but when you crack them open you could see mold galore. If your seeing decomposing plant tissue on the outside of the buds, its either a different species than botrytis, or it's taken hold from the inside --> out.

A good way to see if there is mold growing on the inside of the buds is to tug on the accompanying fan leaf to the location, if there is lots of inner mold than the leaf will slide right out, same with any rotting plant tissue, it should remove freely from the live tissue.

High humidity is a big problem especially towards harvest time, be diligent and check your buds as much as you can, removing rotting material as needed. Sometimes if the weather is too bad (extremely moldy conditions, or storm about to hit) than it is best to cut losses and harvest before it gets even worse.

Also becareful not to disperse any mold spores throughout the plant when you are removing infected areas, dispose of it thoroughly, if it has been exposed to rot I will typically wash the removal tool (ice pick or scissors) with isopropyl alcohol as to minimize transfer of spores.

Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom