Is this bud rot?

Thechiko

420 Member
Hey guys

I'm currently in week 7-8 of flowering on Super Critical.

A week ago the leaves of some of my colas(small and big) started to turn brown and get crunchy.

Could it be bud rot?
Not an light issue since the Brown leaves came on some buds furthest away from the lights.

Attachments

• LRM_EXPORT_177121159714774_20190711_012108275.jpeg
    LRM_EXPORT_177121159714774_20190711_012108275.jpeg
    561 KB · Views: 98
  • 20190710_211239.jpg
    20190710_211239.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 111
What’s shown in the pics isn’t budrot, but budrot is opportunistic and those dead sugar leaves are vulnerable to rotting.
Or it sometimes works the other way around and unseen rot has killed the sugar leaf and caused this look.
Either way do some digging and open up the buds a little to look at the middles. Budrot is slimy and damp. Watch for puffs of spores.

Regardless of the current state, mouldy or non mouldy, I harvest when I’m starting to get sugar leaf dying back into the bud like that. It just gets worse, invites mould, and makes it difficult to trim.

What’s shown in the pics isn’t budrot, but budrot is opportunistic and those dead sugar leaves are vulnerable to rotting.
Or it sometimes works the other way around and unseen rot has killed the sugar leaf and caused this look.
Either way do some digging and open up the buds a little to look at the middles. Budrot is slimy and damp. Watch for puffs of spores.

Regardless of the current state, mouldy or non mouldy, I harvest when I’m starting to get sugar leaf dying back into the bud like that. It just gets worse, invites mould, and makes it difficult to trim.

I cant find any mold inbetween the buds so hope its fine. There's a few colas like this here and there.

Do you think they survive a 6 day flush? How rapidly dose the mold form? I could open up the room and thus lower the humidity.

Thanks for the help.

Looks like a prime rot candidate if it's not already started I'm sorry to say.. Lower stuff in the canopy tends to be more moist and prone to problems in my experience in my tent. It forms pretty damn quickly. What's your humidity? Anything above 45 or so I would personally try to lower at this point. Especially during the lights out period if it shoots up, not sure on your room etc.. In the end it's your call, myself I'd be sharpening the scissors and chopping asap.. Possibly just the affected branches but that in itself can spread spores if they are indeed present. I'd definitely forget about the 6 days of flushing. Then again mold can form after harvest too so you're going to want to keep a close eye no matter what you decide. Good luck!

This is the problem I always seem to run into with tight stacking strains, it takes just that one little sugar leaf to die in to the bud and bang it's ruined before you even notice.

One thing I will say is get some latex gloves and feel the bud, every bud I've had with bud rot is really cold to the touch, spread the buds too it won't hurt them as long as your not spreading them right open to the point of snapping :).

Back
Top Bottom