Is this bud rot?

HutchBenedict

We may have problems with our outdoor patio grow. The Seedsman Amnesia Haze Auto was chopped 6 days ago. It had had powdery mildew on the leaves but this didn't seem to affect the buds. Sprayed with H2O2 solution and washed in Baking Soda solution then H2O2 solution and finally plain water and hung for 5 days. I put the almost dry bud in mason jars but the RH was in the 70's. I tried burping but last evening the RH zoomed to the mid-80's. The buds are out now drying on a flat surface with a fan over them. They seem much better but there is some browning. Is that brown area bud rot? Is the crop is ruined?

IMG-1964.JPG

Is this safe to smoke?

We may have problems with our outdoor patio grow. The Seedsman Amnesia Haze Auto was chopped 6 days ago. It had had powdery mildew on the leaves but this didn't seem to affect the buds. Sprayed with H2O2 solution and washed in Baking Soda solution then H2O2 solution and finally plain water and hung for 5 days. I put the almost dry bud in mason jars but the RH was in the 70's. I tried burping but last evening the RH zoomed to the mid-80's. The buds are out now drying on a flat surface with a fan over them. They seem much better but there is some browning. Is that brown area bud rot? Is the crop is ruined?

IMG-1964.JPG

Is this safe to smoke?

I'm sorry to say that it looks like rot to me. I use the "low and slow" drying technique, and I don't jar them up until they hit about 60-65% RH. If you have other buds jarred up that are in the 70s, I would let them dry out quite a bit more.

I don't think you want to smoke that, but I'd wait until other more experienced growers chime in.

Sorry. :(

Does not look good. I used H2O2 when I washed a plant that had powdery mildew, but to actually kill and control it I sprayed with apple cider vinegar mixed with water.

personally, i would say that is 'not' bud rot,,

i get nugs that look just like that 'inside',, and i have studied em hard to see that they just turn that colour, the stalks, inside the buds,, the stalk calyx's too, get darkish brown,, on some strains, absolutely not all strains,

get the loupe out and look real close,, look for mold of any kind,, anything other than normal looking pot, tho off colour

karma sent friend

Well, after harvest it would be "mold"...especially if you nuked it already with H2O2...but doesn't look bad to me...rot is much darker and obvious...I'm with @nivek that it is just a drying characteristic...watch it and if nothing gets worse it should be ok.

And be careful with the fan...it can dry them out too much if it's right on them..

:goodluck:

@Blew Hiller ,, great point about the fan,, 'everything' i have read states not to have a fan blowing directly on the buds,,

cheers

Thanks everyone! I jarred up the buds last evening and just in time. They went in at about 59% and reached about 62% by midnight. Today they are holding steady at between 61% and 63% RH and the smell is sweet. I will let them sit for a couple of weeks, burping regularly, and if they still smell good then all's good. I was so worried and was seriously considering risking my life by smoking them anyway:bong:

Back
Top Bottom