Is this bug damage?

Nfs

Was inspecting my plants and noticed those little holes. It’s indoor in a tint is that bug damage? And what you recommend should I do?

Attachments

• 0E47D444-F940-4A0E-B860-010F528BC30A.jpeg
    0E47D444-F940-4A0E-B860-010F528BC30A.jpeg
    728 KB · Views: 51
  • 9FCF14D2-D4A3-4CF4-BC43-2B59E7F3A093.jpeg
    9FCF14D2-D4A3-4CF4-BC43-2B59E7F3A093.jpeg
    707.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 516A65A2-E1C1-4A5E-ACAB-65D14AAFDF9F.jpeg
    516A65A2-E1C1-4A5E-ACAB-65D14AAFDF9F.jpeg
    678.9 KB · Views: 46
First, identify the critter. Determine how best to break its lifecycle. Many times it can be done naturally with nothing more complicated than a mulch on the surface of your containers. If you end up spraying, be sure to check out our sponsors.
How can I identify it? I am new to all this and what you recommend should I do or put on the plants? I am trying to figure it out before it spread or get worse

How can I identify it? I am new to all this and what you recommend should I do or put on the plants? I am trying to figure it out before it spread or get worse
Yes, I get that, but here is the deal. You are dealing with a local critter that has found its way into your indoor grow. This means that whatever it is, is easy to get in your local, and you need to identify it and be ready for it in the future as well as figure out how it got in there. We can not do that for you, so this is why I stressed first identifying it. Knowledge is power.'
Once we figure out what it is and how it got there, I can better tell you what of the many things that are out there, that you can squirt at it or put in the soil or avoid in the future. Spraying chemicals on my plants is the last resort... the method I go to if nothing else works, and I have only gotten to that point 2 times in the last 10 years. If it gets to that point, I recommend our sponsor, Sierra Natural Science – Extraordinary Results…Naturally!

Yes, I get that, but here is the deal. You are dealing with a local critter that has found its way into your indoor grow. This means that whatever it is, is easy to get in your local, and you need to identify it and be ready for it in the future as well as figure out how it got in there. We can not do that for you, so this is why I stressed first identifying it. Knowledge is power.'
Once we figure out what it is and how it got there, I can better tell you what of the many things that are out there, that you can squirt at it or put in the soil or avoid in the future. Spraying chemicals on my plants is the last resort... the method I go to if nothing else works, and I have only gotten to that point 2 times in the last 10 years. If it gets to that point, I recommend our sponsor, Sierra Natural Science – Extraordinary Results…Naturally!
I get it how can I identify what it is? I try to look and I don’t see anything?? What are the steps on identifying?

a magnifying glass will help a lot... careful study of the lower stem and undersides of the leaves will sometimes give you clues, usually around the leaves with damage. Look for piles of excrement as well as the bugs. Scan the area for flying bugs and search the surface of the soil for bug activity.
Okay I’ll inspect it tomorrow since now it’s night time for the plants

I inspected everything I don’t see any bugs I noticed also some plants leaf have white spots on them as well are those spider mites? I don’t see any spiders

they are almost microscopic, but yes, it is likely that this is what you have. Check the lower trunk for miniscule moving black specks, and webs in the lowest of notches
How did all that in the tint?? Also I checked I couldn’t find anything even behind the leaf no black spots or anything

I know and it’s driving me crazy that I can’t figure out what is it! I am thinking just to spray them all and see what happen , but what to use ?

Just my 2 cents. In an effort to spot the critter that is doing this, given there is nothing obvious you see that is chomping holes in your plant's leaves. I would look for a leaf with holes, and if you can distinguish a leaf where the perimeter of the holes looks fresh, as that might be a leaf where the critter/s is still nearby. In you can I would sacrifice the leaf, cut it off, turn it upside down and before you do anything more take a few good sharp photos of it that you can blow up on the computer screen. I have found my eyesight is simply not good enough to turn over the leaf and look at it but when I enlarge the image on the screen suddenly I see small critters that before I couldn't previously pick out. Anyway, good luck.

And Emilya has loads of experience so whatever she says you're getting real good advice!

Hi after looking at the pictures you can deduce a few things. If there are no bugs or signs of bugs it's probably not bugs. Reason why I say this is because one you are growing indoor. If you are anything like me you have bug screens on the intake duct and if you run fresh air from a window you also have a screen no the window and filter.

Your plants look healthy but more pictures of a wider area will help determine this. People often over look disease as an issue. I've dealt with this in the past and still do on occasion. Some of the issue are fixed easily.
1. Poor nutrition can cause holes in leaves. Your plants look pretty healthy but again more pictures would help.
If you look carefully and the intervenes on one leaf on the first image you show you can see the beginning stages of a nute issue.

2. Nute burn. I've had plants burn at the tips but oddly enough the leaf margins looked like they tore a bit or were burnt in the same manner as your leaves.

3. A fan can cause the leaves to rip if it's way to high. Cause small tears this over time will look similar to bugs.

4. I had this issue in veg one time. I over sprayed my plants so droplets stayed on the leaves. I ran a HID with an exhaust so I was able to get the light super close. It ended up burning a small hole like a magnifying glass haha. I thought it couldn't happen until it did. So I calmed down on over spraying during veg.

Anyways hope this helps you. If you cannot find any bugs and your grow is closed up like mine it's probably not bugs. Although you can spray an organic pesticide and a precaution since your still vegging.

Hi after looking at the pictures you can deduce a few things. If there are no bugs or signs of bugs it's probably not bugs. Reason why I say this is because one you are growing indoor. If you are anything like me you have bug screens on the intake duct and if you run fresh air from a window you also have a screen no the window and filter.

Your plants look healthy but more pictures of a wider area will help determine this. People often over look disease as an issue. I've dealt with this in the past and still do on occasion. Some of the issue are fixed easily.
1. Poor nutrition can cause holes in leaves. Your plants look pretty healthy but again more pictures would help.
If you look carefully and the intervenes on one leaf on the first image you show you can see the beginning stages of a nute issue.

2. Nute burn. I've had plants burn at the tips but oddly enough the leaf margins looked like they tore a bit or were burnt in the same manner as your leaves.

3. A fan can cause the leaves to rip if it's way to high. Cause small tears this over time will look similar to bugs.

4. I had this issue in veg one time. I over sprayed my plants so droplets stayed on the leaves. I ran a HID with an exhaust so I was able to get the light super close. It ended up burning a small hole like a magnifying glass haha. I thought it couldn't happen until it did. So I calmed down on over spraying during veg.

Anyways hope this helps you. If you cannot find any bugs and your grow is closed up like mine it's probably not bugs. Although you can spray an organic pesticide and a precaution since your still vegging.
Here is a big of the leaf with dots some have more then other . Pic of top and under the leaf

Attachments

• 1BAAF4F9-776C-4BFD-85CA-C76518A92DE9.jpeg
    1BAAF4F9-776C-4BFD-85CA-C76518A92DE9.jpeg
    666.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 729E0A6F-D960-48F4-8B2B-433326BF17AA.jpeg
    729E0A6F-D960-48F4-8B2B-433326BF17AA.jpeg
    526.1 KB · Views: 48
spider mites bites. you will need a microscope or a jewelers loup to see them properly. not sure what is chewing holes in the leaves but the spots are a sure sign of mites. put some sticky traps down to try and catch and identify the other critter. do not use chemical to treat this either. lots of different solutions for this problem.

spider mites bites. you will need a microscope or a jewelers loup to see them properly. not sure what is chewing holes in the leaves but the spots are a sure sign of mites. put some sticky traps down to try and catch and identify the other critter. do not use chemical to treat this either. lots of different solutions for this problem.
What are the sticky traps and where to get them from? I tried the cig juice with garlic juice and it didn’t do anything . I am thinking to release some lady bugs there.

Guys. I look everywhere no webs I sprayed bunch is stuff include neem oil. Cig/garlic juice with red pepper. Everything and nothing goes away. I don’t think it’s spider mites. Cus nothing changing and I don’t see anything under leafs. So what could else be the white spots if it’s not spider mites ??

Back
Top Bottom