Is this Calcium Deficiency?

jbrad

So, I am trying to figure out what this is. Week 10ish of Orange Widow chillin in Veg waiting for some other plants to clear the Bloom area. The 2 White Widows sharing the room seem largely unaffected and all 3 seem to have healthy new leaf growth.

Recently I've made 2 changes:
  1. Removed too much light (caused noticeable improvement)
  2. Stopped spraying all the leaves with Cal-Mag treated water
The few leaves that have symptoms did this rather quickly and are in the same vertical location of the trunk (mid way up the tree). This happened really quick like 2-3 days one fan leaf at a time. I broke my last spray bottle and just haven't gotten to replacing it in about a week or so.

It looks a bit like Calcium deficiency and the lack of topical Cal-Mag could be the culprit. I am getting a bottle today to see if it remedies the situation. I also thought that this might be light burn, from the excess light I removed last week, just now showing up (seems unlikely), or pests (because of how localized the issue is). I checked the underside of the leaves and didn't see obvious pests.

Anybody have any thoughts? Yesterday it was minor on one leaf, today it's 2 leaves and one is pretty screwed.

Most likely just a reaction to the environmental changes you imposed.

Plants like cannabis have a wonderful ability to adapt to a wide range of conditions. But think about it, they were coasting along and happy in a given environment and then it changed suddenly. The plant is now responding by moving things around internally to make up the differences. Just not enough light and resources to support those fan leaves so the plant will steal everything it can and let them die off.

I believe it to be best to go back to using your foliar treatments as quickly as possible. Or you can continue to let the plant adjust to the new environment without this addition. As long as the change in environment is not too bad - the plant should be OK. It might just be worse to impose three different environments quickly than two.

:goodluck:

Thanks for the info GreatLife!

I mainly removed the light to slow growth a bit. Because 2 105 watt, 9000ish lumen, daylight CFLs made them grow 2x as fast as the single 400 watt 38,000 lumen MH i had them under. I do really need to keep spraying them, they have loved it & the humidity. But if this gets worse tomorrow I'll put that other light back. I plan on using it for some new clones in the same closet anyway.

Leave the light out... go back to spraying. Probably your best bet to get the plant healthy quickly.

Next time, avoid large environmental changes... and count this as one of your "growing pains" my friend.

Are you sure there growing not just stretching due to only having cfl now

Yeah, the CFLs didn't induce stretching, in fact they eliminated it. I saw lots of new leaf growth.

I started misting them again and lost a few more leaves. I'm still curious why none of the other plants have been affected by this. They all look healthy just a few leaves in the middle of the one plant have showed signs of serious calcium deficiency. I'll try to post some updated photos soon.

I think the plant is alright, but I'm concerned this may actually be from tiny pests I cant see or detect. I'm about to bring in some new clones of a different strain and I hope this problem doesn't spread further. I also wanna give this one some more time before flowering.

I'll keep this thread updated but as ya'll know it takes time to see results/consequences.

I have grown two different strains simultaneously using the same environment and nutes etc but noticed substantial differences in the results. Different strains have different tolerances to changes.

:peace:X

Back
Top Bottom