Is this Calmag deficiency? Please help my young girl

skoondawg

She is a young lemon haze lady grown in 90/10 Coco/perlite

The girl scout cookies is growing fine, no spots or deficiencies but the lemon haze showed spots a few days ago, now 3 days later they look like this:

420-magazine-mobile966682690.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1571103004.jpg

First week of watering was ph 5.8 ppm 190. This week has been 330 ppm at 5.8 ph.

So far in today's feed I gave just the lemon haze an extra 120ppm of calmag powder thinking it is calmag deficiency.

Thanks for any thoughts, or advice. This is my first coco grow and I finally managed to get some nice genetics so want to save her! . . .

Coco requires u to use a cal/mag supliment. It looks like it may be the issue.
Thank you. Will see how she responds with the new growth . will incorporate calmag into both of their feeds from now

I'm not sure.. but it looks like it.. does your nutrients range provide a feed for seedlings? I grow in coco and just use PH water until they start showing the first signs of needing something extra! I then us CANNA START, a seedling stage feed from Canna Nutrients. I've had wind burn before that looks a bit like that too after having a strong fan pointing directly at a young plant

Hey GR

Water source - tap water (ppm about 87)

Light source - 85w CFL about 2inches from tops. Going to switch to 250w MH soon.

First week I used water with added kelpak seaweed extract. Ph 5.8, ppm 190.

Start of week 2 I added grow, micro, bloom + seaweed extract = nutes at 1/2 strength. Ph 5.8, ppm 330.

That's what's happening. The spots showed on the same day I mixed the nutes together not after watering. So on one hand I was worried it was over fert, but knowing the spots were there before I upped feeding makes me think his a deficiency...

Agreed penny :)

Needs cal mag. Coco likes to absorb it so you'll need to add it

I always add calmag with every feeding in coco as a preventative measure.
Thanks guys! I will definitely be added the calmag from now on. Hopefully she makes a speedy recovery.

The Girl scout cookie seems to be happy for now with what she's been getting. Will bump up the ppm with some calmag.

What ppm should I be aiming for at this stage of the grow?

You're still at 330 ppm?
Yeah and that consists of

Tap water 87ppm
0.6ml/5L grow, micro, bloom (1/2 strength)
40ml/5L kelpak seaweed extract (I could maybe lower this in the next batch of mix I make, but it's good for roots and growth I think)

Comes to 330ppm

i use density cal/mag,,,it had added amino acids and sweetners,,brilliant stuff,,,however,,i,m in coco aswell,,,but it never usually shows that early,,,looks ti me like youve spilled nutes on yer leafs,,,which aint a problem,,,a cal mag deffitiancy,,,,the leafs will turn a lighter green,,,while the veins stay a darker green,,,thats how you know it,s deffonently a calcium deffitiancy,,,you,r leafs look ok apart fi the small parts that look burn,t to me,,,how much are you feeding them at the mo m8????,,heres an EC and PH chart bro follow this and yell be fine dude

403 Forbidden the defficiancy chart,,ooops,,,i,ll post the other chart under it bro

https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/.../06/esquema-cult.-basic-en-coco-ingles-ok.png

i use density cal/mag,,,it had added amino acids and sweetners,,brilliant stuff,,,however,,i,m in coco aswell,,,but it never usually shows that early,,,looks ti me like youve spilled nutes on yer leafs,,,which aint a problem,,,a cal mag deffitiancy,,,,the leafs will turn a lighter green,,,while the veins stay a darker green,,,thats how you know it,s deffonently a calcium deffitiancy,,,you,r leafs look ok apart fi the small parts that look burn,t to me,,,how much are you feeding them at the mo m8????,,heres an EC and PH chart bro follow this and yell be fine dude

403 Forbidden the defficiancy chart,,ooops,,,i,ll post the other chart under it bro

https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/.../06/esquema-cult.-basic-en-coco-ingles-ok.png
Hey brother

The other plant, girl scout cookie, is also now showing spots, similar to the lemon haze...

Feeding them both 330ppm.. not too much is it? I could have spilt something on her but I don't think so, now with the other showing spots surely it's a deficiency? Will add a picture just now

So this is the latest. The GSC is also showing signs of unhappiness :(

Here they are :

LH:
420-magazine-mobile1824985382.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1150809266.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile1450585216.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1713754978.jpg

What do you guys think?

I made a new nute batch now, left out the seaweed extract and just added 1/2 strength grow, micro and bloom nutes plus about 150ppm of calmag.

Gave them both a moderate water to flush and feed and inspect ppm runoff, all seems fine. Going in the ppm was about 370. Coming out was around 400.

Hopefully they will turn around..

So this is the latest. The GSC is also showing signs of unhappiness :(

Here they are :

LH:
420-magazine-mobile1824985382.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1150809266.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile1450585216.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1713754978.jpg

What do you guys think?

I made a new nute batch now, left out the seaweed extract and just added 1/2 strength grow, micro and bloom nutes plus about 150ppm of calmag.

Gave them both a moderate water to flush and feed and inspect ppm runoff, all seems fine. Going in the ppm was about 370. Coming out was around 400.

Hopefully they will turn around?

Back
Top Bottom