Is this female turning hermie?

NCBear420

4-5 weeks into flowering 6 definite female plants. The one furthest along and healthiest began developing these "pods" in the buds. At first I thought they might be male pollen sacs and feared that she was going in a hermie direction, but with close examination the pods appear more oblong/oval in shape, and some have started to show white/brown hairs.

So are these male pollen sacs from a plant going hermie? If so, why the hairs? OR

Are these just new flower buds opening as the bud continues to grow bigger and bigger. (At 2 weeks into flowering I started adding some high phosphorus blossom booster at half strength about every 7 days- so I would hope to see new flower growth)

Anxious and excited first time grower here. Thanks for the feedback.

photo1114.JPG

Here's a pic. At first they really looked like pollen sacs in and around the developing buds, but now that a few have started sprouting hairs, i'm feeling more certain it's just more flowers forming and not pollen sacs..

Yeah, I see that now. I was looking more at the calyxes I guess as possible pollen sacs, but maybe I should be focusing more or looking for the "nanners" instead. I'll have to look closer. Hard to say about stress. First grow, so learning.
Possible stressors:
1) Grow tent temp got to low 90's for a couple days I was out of town a week ago. Stressor?? Averaging around 75-85 F most of the time though. Now have better air flow and can prevent the heat build up inside small grow tent.

2) Don't think humidity is a problem. Veg and early flowering humidity was more in the 70-80%, but got a dehumidifier last week and now keeping it around 50%. Plan to take humidity down to 40% during last 2 weeks of flower.

3) No light leak problems that I know of. Consistent light/dark schedule.

4) In hindsight (after reading and learning more), I prob don't have the best soil, especially as far as oxygen to the roots. Soil is very dense and packed. Needed some perlite or something to keep it more airy, but I am getting drainage at least due to rocks/gravel in bottom of pots. Not sure if this would cause stress now, some 3 months in. Used all purpose potting soil from Home Depot this time with slow release fertilizer. (I've since read up and will try a Fox Farm mix in the future, with no slow release)

5) Only added additional nutrients about 2 weeks in to flowering. 1/2 strength, every 7 days. Stressor?? Using Scott's Blossom booster for all flowering plants. Has low nitrogen (5), high phosphorus (19?), and medium calcium (10?)

6) Using CFL's for now. Light has seemed adequate as far as veg. went. Did add 2 extra 75W CFL's on the sides yesterday (4 weeks in to flowering), to get more light in the shaded areas deep inside the plants. Did some LST during veg went was successful at keeping the plants low and bushy which I needed for my situation.

It's been fun learning and experimenting. I've always had a green thumb. So scared I'm gonna screw up now. Would be so disappointed after all the time, $ and energy I've put into it thus far. Now that I'm seeing buds I especially don't want to screw it up.

If I do identify this one as a hermie, would you separate it from the others? Is one of my larger plants I really don't want to "waste" it.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions as far as what I'm doing is greatly appreciated.

Peace!

photo1114.JPG

Here's a pic. At first they really looked like pollen sacs in and around the developing buds, but now that a few have started sprouting hairs, i'm feeling more certain it's just more flowers forming and not pollen sacs..

these pics definately show the calyx's are in seed ,you either have a male close by or have a hermie/ stress flowered female.

Aww man. I do see them starting on another plant. I had one true male that I pulled from the garden in early early flower. No other males in the group. Must be from stress. First grow, so who knows. I have not been able to keep the temps very consistent. Maybe that's it. Usually 75-83, but sometimes overnight when the tent is closed the temps are going up to 90-91. You think that's it??

Someone else suggested making, hash, or oil or butter from it, but I don't know a damn thing about making any of that stuff. Can't you still smoke it, even if it has seeds? I realize it might not be as potent, but it's better than wasting it right??

Do I need to separate them from the rest of the group??? Space and set-up is an issue. Small, limited, grow area with 4x2x4 ft tent. Help!

Aww man. I do see them starting on another plant. I had one true male that I pulled from the garden in early early flower. No other males in the group. Must be from stress. First grow, so who knows. I have not been able to keep the temps very consistent. Maybe that's it. Usually 75-83, but sometimes overnight when the tent is closed the temps are going up to 90-91. You think that's it??

Someone else suggested making, hash, or oil or butter from it, but I don't know a damn thing about making any of that stuff. Can't you still smoke it, even if it has seeds? I realize it might not be as potent, but it's better than wasting it right??

Do I need to separate them from the rest of the group??? Space and set-up is an issue. Small, limited, grow area with 4x2x4 ft tent. Help!

IMO It looks pollinated not stressed. Look up how to make butter or oil il send a link in mo. butter is probly simpler
How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

If your other plants look like this then they are also pollinated. If that is the case I would continue the grow then do a proper strilzed wash down of your grow room

Remove the seeds before making butter, butter is the bomb. Make brownies with it, you will not regret it.

amen to that labexperiment :)
you cant smoke enough weed to have the same effect as good butter in brownies or chocy muffins :trance:
just dont over do it or youll know about it lmao
you see when you smoke weed your body absorbs very little of the thc filled smoke before you exhale and you get pretty bent ;)
but... when ingested via the stomach you absorb 100% of the thc/cbd content thus getting you very very very STONED he he

I have a number of units at day 17 of 'flower'. This one is displaying different properties to the others. There are the coronet properties visible (white hairs) however, i can not identify if these are 'pollen' sacs or if they are going to release the hairs. Any opinions and advice is welcome !

I am a new grower so I am definitely not an expert but it looks like pollen sacs to me.

I have a number of units at day 17 of 'flower'. This one is displaying different properties to the others. There are the coronet properties visible (white hairs) however, i can not identify if these are 'pollen' sacs or if they are going to release the hairs. Any opinions and advice is welcome !

No idea what hairs you are referring to here. That is just a male plant.

Back
Top Bottom