Is this heat stress?

Sonisk

Hello fine people.

I've started my second grow, and have run into some sort of trouble.

I've germed 1 Haze Berry seed and 1 White Widow seed. Seeds are from Royal Queen this time around. Had White Label before that.
So the HB seed germed nicely, had a long spire after one day. The WW seed also germed, but didn't have that long spire yet as the HB. I dropped both in pre-watered soil (light mix from BioBuzz), and the HB started to shoot up imidiatly. The WW was one hole week delayed before it showed itself above soil. From there it has been growing extremely slowly, and I found out my temps might have gotten around the 33 degrees celsius, maybe even 34. So I am thinking, is this plant stunted? Or is it a bad seed, and should I pull it up, to plant a new one before it's too late? HB has vegged in 3 weeks, WW in 2 weeks, if you count from when it showed face.

Here are some pics. The bushy one is the Haze Berry. The two pictures of the small plant is the White Widow.
Any ideas/opinions?

IMG_30567.JPG

IMG_30578.JPG

IMG_305812.JPG

Thanks.

PS. My last crop :) 90 g dry from 3 plants in 60 x 60 x 140 cm tent with 250w CFL :)
Gone all too fast though, sadly ;)

theproduct.jpg

Yeah it kinda seems like I have had the bulb too close. Also it's been super hot outside, so that has added to the temps I guess. Right now they're running at 27 degrees celsius, and the little one seems to get along slowly. It has allot of branches allready, it's just tiny. However, it might work out in the end, since the HB needs a week more flowering. I hope it looks much better next week.

And yeah, I bottom feed them, like I did last grow, works excellent. Soil might have been too moist when I put it under the light though.

By bottom feed, you mean you pour water into the drip tray?

If that's the case, you might want to consider trying the method a lot of growers are using. Watering/feeding is done from the top. You give one healthy watering until you see about 10% runoff. You then empty the drip tray. Wait until the top of the soil is completely dry. Then wait until the soil inside the pot is almost totally dry. I use a moisture meter to check this, and it takes about 5 days for my specific soil mix to dry out enough for another watering.

By having them sit in water you risk some problem with stunted growth, attracting bugs, as well as algae, and mold.

Yeah I have buckets with a ton of holes in the bottom and some on the side for air and "runoff". My last grow was done like this, and it worked like a charm. They never had a single problem besides a bit of foxtailing in the end. Also this grow seems to work smooth with the bottomfeeding. The space in the tent is really tight, so watering is problematic, thus I tried bottomfeeding, and it worked perfectly for me. I put around a half liter in the waterbucket, and let it suck for two days untill it's mostly gone, then pour another half liter inthere.

Anyways, seems like lowering the temps allready have helped a little. I did have to rise my bulb a bit.

If bottom feedings works for you, go for it. I don't have experience with it, so I really can't advise you on it.

If you ever get your hands on some clones of the same strain from the same mother, try top feeding one, and bottom feeding the other to compare which method works best. You might have found a new system of watering that works for Cannabis!

Any change in the small plant yet?

Yes. It seems to be growing normal now. By the time it will be ready for bloom, the other plant will be a monster, lol.

IMG_31126.JPG

Well, I'll put them into 12/12 today, or else the HB will grow out of control. I'll see how much the WW will produce in that time.

Also I am thinking of harvesting in steps this time, as in, chopping the fat buds first, and let the smaller ones grow a bit more.

Also this time I will re-plant as soon as harvested. I'm all out of my sweet sweet weed from last time now, only left with some ecig liquid we made. We made it a tad too light, so you have to smoke a bit to get where you wanna be. It's ok though, it works, and you really seem to preserve your weed for quite some time making eliquid out of it. We used around 5 g dried bud (popcorn buds mind you), and around 25 g chopped up waste material (stems with trichs, leafes etc.) for 200 ml PG. It was then boiled down to around 120+ ml PG. Mixed with a tad VG and some liquorice flavour it gives nice clouds, and smells like liquorice. You can basically puff it anywhere without being noticed. Next time around we will use some superbud, and more of it. But yeah, this was an first time experiment to see if we could make it work, and we did, so next time, better buds :D

Oh yeah, when your stash-jars are empty, don't go clean em with water first up. Instead, go drive a finger down the bottom and up the sides. Sticky resin will collect on your fingers. I just did this to three small jars, and had a crust of resin on my finger. Crumbled it up, threw it in my onehitter, and BAAAAM! I'm so high right now of that, just wow :D Hence the wall of text, haha!

Have a great day everyone.

Hehe it is indeed flimsy looking. It still kinda is, so well, I'll just give it another week, and see if it starts shooting up for real. Otherwise I'll just grow it out, and see what it gives.

HB is happy though.
hb-4-weeks-3-days.jpg

Just tied the WW down. Still a tad flimsy, but getting there.
ww-3-weeks.jpg

Well my White Widow seed must be bad I guess. She grows extremely slow, doesn't eat much, and just stands there. Hm, it might be ready for flower when my Haze Berry is done, harvested, and another one seeded. Weird stuff.

My white widow is the small branch in the circel. All the rest is HB.
small4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom