Is this nitrogen toxicity and should I flush? Pics

GodtyrLoki

hey Guys, I just checked on my plants and some of the newer growth seems to have slight clawing ... They are in coco and get fed the h3ad formula at half strength daily at the moment at 5.8 PH it's mostly all on the new growth

Other than that the plants are fine ... the 2 on the right started to get a nitrogen deficiency so I corrected it by upping the nitrogen and now it looks like it's gone the other way ?

It could be. There are also signs of nitrogen deficiency. What is your current feed schedule or nutrient mix? How often do you feed/water your plants? Do you feed/water until you get run off?

It could be. There are also signs of nitrogen deficiency. What is your current feed schedule or nutrient mix? How often do you feed/water your plants? Do you feed/water until you get run off?

I was using the h3ad method at quarter strength 1.5ml micro per gallon and 2.25ml of bloom per gallon and 2.25ml calmag at PH 5.8 to 10% run off and started getting a nutrient deficiency in the 2 right plants with the yellow leaves on the bottom ... so i up'ed the nutes to 50% strength to help combat this and I think I have swung too much the other way ...

should i pick in between these 2 and double water them till the run off is at the ppm i desire ??

I was using the h3ad method at quarter strength 1.5ml micro per gallon and 2.25ml of bloom per gallon and 2.25ml calmag at PH 5.8 to 10% run off and started getting a nutrient deficiency in the 2 right plants with the yellow leaves on the bottom ... so i up'ed the nutes to 50% strength to help combat this and I think I have swung too much the other way ...

should i pick in between these 2 and double water them till the run off is at the ppm i desire ??
Some will disagree with me, but the PPM of your nutrient solution is irrelevant unless you aerate your reservoir. I use my TDS pen only to check my RO's membrane once a month. I adjust the pH to 5.8 until transition, 6.0 for the transition, and 6.2 during bloom/flower/ripening. The TDS or PPM of your solution will be where it needs to be for the nutrients mixed in. PPM is important to keep on top of for recirculating hydroponic systems, not drain to waste systems.

My first grow was at 25%, the next at 33%, and I'm currently trying 40%. 40% appears to be too strong, as I'm showing the early signs of nutrient burn.

The key to a successful coco grow is feed/watering at least daily until you get run off. I'd just drop back to 25% for your next batch of nutrients for the next 3-4 days, and then go to 33%, and give it a try. The plants will recover once you get it dialed in. It will just slow your grow a bit while they do.

Back
Top Bottom