Is this normal?

mikeyb

I regularly get heartburn. I used to smoke cigarettes and I still smoke bud. I stopped smoking cigarettes and my heartburn went away almost completely. However, every time I am thinking about how I am about to smoke a spliff or a blunt or something, I can feel my heartburn trying to start up. Is it normal to trigger heartburn from just thinking about smoking pot? Does this mean I'm physically addicted to it?

now im not a doctor (although i have played 1 on a home video :) but it sure dont sound "norml". u might consider a trip to a real Doc ... :grinjoint:

im not sure if this will help you but, my sister had stomach issues to the point where she was taking tons of prilosec and antacids with no effect.

IMO heartburn can be stimulated with the mind... she finally went to a new doctor after a year of no gain and he had her read a book he wrote. she learned to use mental excercises to avoid and stop the heartburn before it got bad. she described it like meditation, when you feel the burn coming you tell your stomach to relax and dont focus on the acidic burning feeling.

now she doesnt even need the pills any more and when it does bother her she gets it under control really fast

she was still a teenager when this problem started so im not sure if it will apply to you but it was a big help to my sis

Back
Top Bottom