Is this normal

fitzy monstar

Hey im growing two blue cheese (females) theyve been in the grow tent now for two weeks and are 3-3.5 inches is this a normal height or am i doing something wrong(sorry no pics) any feed back wood be appreciated :thanks:

Re: is this normal???

I can't speak specifically to your strain, and since I don't know what you are doing, I don't know if you are doing something wrong...but I don't think you have anything to worry about.

The plants are considered seedlings for 2 to 3 weeks, during that time the young plants may seem like they're taking a while to get going, but that's because they are focusing on establishing a strong root system. Once a good root system has been established you'll see the foliage growth increase rapidly!

Just be patient, every time I start from seed they seem to take forever at first...then they take off, and before I know it, I'm worrying about them getting too big!

:Namaste:

Re: is this normal???

cool im growing them in soil with a 600hps light the soils sitting at 6.5 its my 1st grow so every little change im like wats happing lol:adore:

FM, Fratdogg covered it nicely.:thumb: side note: Just keep the light from burning them and water once soil is dry or container feels lighter from previous watering. This will help your root structure get strong and healthy while drying out the soil and growing while searching for more water! I personally allow my girls to began drooping a lil due to needing water with no ill effect on them at all! Better to droop from being dry than overwatered imo:) Depending on your soil it maybe time (or close) to give them a lil food as well, but hard to say with the limited info supplied. Make sure you don't have light leaks as this will cause slow an or no growth as well as hermies (flowering) probably not your problem as Frat stated just fyi, and watch your temps/humidity everything will work out. :goodluck:

cheers for feedback bro im using miracle gro soil with multi nutrients in the soil.
im using a grow tent thats 1.2m x 1.2m so the lighting hopefully wont be a problem:Namaste:
the soil is enriched with 6 months plant feed according to the soil package but read somewhere this will 3 months? it was my mate that bought the stuff but asked me to grow it as his wife is a nurse so cant take risk of her work clothes smelling of the sweet stuff

cheers for feedback bro im using miracle gro soil with multi nutrients in the soil.
im using a grow tent thats 1.2m x 1.2m so the lighting hopefully wont be a problem:Namaste:

That's the first thing I've heard that makes me worry. The miracle gro soil is not good...and has caused problems too numerous to count. Hopefully you're in small pots and can transplant into something else when the time comes.

:Namaste:

I wasn't to sure about the soil either but my mate went and got the stuff before i had a chance to read up about anything and ive already transferd them to bigger pots

the soil is enriched with 6 months plant feed according to the soil package but read somewhere this will 3 months? it was my mate that bought the stuff but asked me to grow it as his wife is a nurse so cant take risk of her work clothes smelling of the sweet stuff

Hi Fitzy, sounds like you have your soil already fed:) Didn't appear to have burned em any either! So that's a plus. Just watch em as they grow and get older to see if they tell you they need more or if you have any deficiencies due to salt build up in soil that will require a good flush with plain water 2x the size of your medium. I have no experience with MG but have heard mixed results with alot of positive feedback tho. Do some reading on some good premium soil that will have more of what your ladies will need, you may find it beneficial at transplant time to switch up or at least on the next grow try something different. I use fox farm oceans forest seems to be a good organic soil that feeds em well alone for a few weeks and can take additional nutes without burning em as long as you don't over do it. But there are others that folks use with great results. Check out the journals and you will see!:high-five:

Oh yeah, lighting sounds fine in your space!:goodjob: hope you have good ventilation as well as circulation in your area...

Oh yeah, lighting sounds fine in your space!:goodjob: hope you have good ventilation as well as circulation in your area...

cheers for feedback i think after this grow i mite try with my own soil mix to see the difference then once i found one that works well stick to that:Namaste:
have extracter fan and medium sized fan in tent for circulation

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom