Is this normal?

StickyVickie

First grow and this is what I have 8x12x8 insulated building panda plastic walls and ceiling, 8in charcoal filter/ exaust fan, 2 12 in oscillating fans in opposite corners, 6k btu ac, 70 pint dehumidifier, 2 1500w led and 2 300w led, I'm growing in a 27 gal tote using 15gal of h2o, 2 2x4in air stones, 6in net pots, hydroton/clay balls, GH trio nutes, pond pump in bottom of res with a splitter to supply nutes to each net pot.
Air Temps run 60's at night mid to upper 70's in day, res temps 60-72, humidity 50-60%.
Have 3 white widows in the tote just started wk 4 of veg using a single 300w led 18 in from top of plants all leaves are dark green no spots or tip burn. PPM of nutes 1241 using well water with a starting PPM of 70-80. PH after adjusting 5.7. After all that hear is my question.
My girls are only about 7in tall and just starting there 7th node/ set of leaves but each node has 4 branches coming off it is this normal? My light schedule is 18/6.
also how would you train/crop these plants. I was going to cut it back to the 3rd node and remove the 1st and 2nd does this sound about right any help is appreciated

You sound like you are doing a good job. If topping you should decide on your goal in training. I generally top between 3rd and 4th node (usually don't wait for the 7th node). I keep the lower nodes in place after topping. Once topped you will get shoots forming at the cut and usually in the node joints below the cut. As they grow use LST to gently pull them away from the stalk in a horizontal positon. You will find additional shoots will form along the new branches.

I topped/cut main stem back to just above 3rd node yesterday and noticed a white spot on 1 leaf of each of the 3 plants broke out the neem and sprayed them I'll include pics if can figure out how thanks

When I topped these 3 plants just above the 3rd node 2 of the 3 plants had 3 nodes on the top that I took off. I just stuck what I cut off in some FFOF 1/3 perlite and 1/3 vermiculite think they will grow 2 more plants or just rot

If you are growing Photos they should root and give you a couple more plants. Autos will also root but their bloom is genetically tied to the same as the mother plant.

As for your picture, it looks like some type of insect infestation. I would get a 10x-30x loupe and check out the under side of the plant and see if you see any little bugs and/or eggs. Insects can usually be treated pretty easy using Neem Oil or insecticidal soap.

Back
Top Bottom