Is this nute burn?

pmarkwell

Please read the last thread in order to understand my setup more completely. Is this caused by nute burn?

DSC02863.jpg

DSC02864.jpg

Should I leach out my soil or is this something else? It is only on the more mature fan leaves and not on new growth. Most affected leaves are in the middle of the plant, all new growth is fine.

DSC02858.jpg

I'm using a medium potency organic fert. solution, plus foliar spray once a day. The soil also came with bat guano, casting, etc. At first I had a mild nitrogen and magnesium def. which is the reason I stepped up the solution a bit every watering (every other day or so). Please let me know what you think, guys. Thanks!

P.S.~ I hope you can click on the images to view a larger picture. Anyone know how that can be done? Muchas Gracias, friends.

Please upload your photos to the gallery so we can see larger pictures and help you better. :peace:

Okay, so let's see if I can get these pics to show...

Here's a close-up of one of the main fan leaves.
DSC02863.jpg

Here is another pic. Note the marks on the inside of the center leaf in the pic.
DSC02864.jpg

Top View of entire plant:
DSC02858.jpg

And one of the side...
DSC02857.jpg

I can see them great in the preview. Hopefully, this works out :smokin:

Yeah, Boss. This plant is a survivor clone from and outdoor plant this summer taken right before harvest, so it was in it's flowering stage. The branches ARE really purple.

This is my first real grow by the way, guys. I've done a lot of research but can't really figure out why it isn't growing faster.

Here's some pics from when I first transplanted into my grow room. It's been growing what seems to be very slowly for a month under 1000W MH. I'm not sure if I'm stressing it too much or what's really going on.

Here's a picture from the 5th of Dec.:
DSC02788.JPG

It's been three weeks now. Shouldn't it be growing a little faster?? Obviously, I've been using some type of LST on my girl, though I'm not sure it matters. She's only about 10" tall, tied down. In comparison the pic above left her at only 7" untied, so she's grown probably 3 times overall with 4 main branches instead of 2.

What's going on here, guys? Thanks again!

Lights: 1000W MH @ 2' above top of plant.

Medium: soil w/ fert.

Nutes: Earth juice strong potency (1 tbsp. grow (2-2-1), plus 1 tbsp. catalyst (0.03-0.01-0.1) per 1/2 gallon. Normal strength is per gallon. All-organic. I don't believe in anything else :)

pH: Measured with a soil type that takes drops (does that make sense?). Currently at 6.0

I'll post a couple more pics from today once their approved. Let me know if there is any other variables you need to know, Boss. Thanks for you interest :)

I would raise the lights up to 3 feet, how are your temps? How often are you feeding, it may be lack of nutes. I think Someone with more experience with clones will have to chime in here.

Hmm your light may be fine, looks like you have a good fan on them to keep temps down.

you say soil with fert.. Natural ferts I guess.

Looks like nutrient lockout to me. I would give your plant a foliar feed of sea tea and a fish fert. The sea tea is a tonic for stressed plants, and the fish will give the plant some N in an immediately available form. New growth looks ok, but much healthier growth will start in 5 to 7 days. Repeat the foliar spray at that time, and things will pick up. I would not be adding any extra ferts to your medium at this stage until the plant commences new healthy growth. Good luck.

Not quite sure how to multi-quote here.

<New growth looks good though right?> by Boss

Yeah, the new growth still looks very healthy...
DSC02925.JPG

DSC02923.JPG

<Looks like nutrient lockout to me. I would give your plant a foliar feed of sea tea and a fish fert. The sea tea is a tonic for stressed plants, and the fish will give the plant some N in an immediately available form.> by Smokin Moose

Moose, I foliar feed with mild solution Earth Juice (Grow) which is derived from bat guano, seekelp, potash, feather meal, blood meal, oat bran, and steamed bone meal. The (Catalyst) also provides oat bran, wheat malt, molasses, and yeast to the foliar spray. I'll post pictures once they're approved of the containers.

I have also have not administered any nutes for ~a week, only H2O. I HAVE, however transplanted, though I honestly believe I was delicate enough not to disturb the roots since there was only a few roots evident that were touching the pot. Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of it. :bong: I use water out of the tap that rates 60 ppm before I let is sit for a day to remove the chlorine. 23 ppm is left from floride, etc. Will that present a problem?

The temp changes from 72 F (25 C) to 90 F (32 C). I've heard more than a 10 degree difference will be detrimental to the plants. Uhh, I'm stumped :hmmmm: Just wait a little longer and see? Maybe I'm just too darn impatient... :hmmmm:

Here's the nute solution in gallon containers

DSC02926.jpg

And here's some pictures of my overall grow room :cheesygrinsmiley:
Front View:
DSC02921.JPG

Side View:
DSC02922.JPG

Should've posted these first, I suppose. Hope you'll accept my apologies

:passitleft:

P.S.~ Can you name all the plants in the picture?? There's 3 different species ;) )

90 is a bit high and can burn depending on the strain. Most are fine with it though.

What strength are you foliar feeding? Does it say spray full strength?

If you just transplanted she needs nutes on the very outside of the bucket. When you see the very tips of the top growth turn yellow, it has rooted to the new soil. (That's what mine did anyway.

I am worried the soil is acidic, maybe the nute mix is wrong. Maybe flush with 5 gallons of water. We will get more opinions.

Can you get a closeup of the stems top and bottom?

Ok, the bigger images help.
First up - your tap water ppm is fine. It is excellent actually.
The problem is nute deficiency caused by too small a root area under such an intense HID. The over moist medium may have exacerbated it. I reckon you should repot to a good rich medium in larger pots asap, and follow the foliar tonic advice I gave you earlier in the thread. In small pots under 1000W HID's like I have, you have to keep the foliar feeding up as the plants demand a lot of food.

90 is a bit high and can burn depending on the strain. Most are fine with it though.

What strength are you foliar feeding? Does it say spray full strength?

If you just transplanted she needs nutes on the very outside of the bucket. When you see the very tips of the top growth turn yellow, it has rooted to the new soil. (That's what mine did anyway.

I am worried the soil is acidic, maybe the nute mix is wrong. Maybe flush with 5 gallons of water. We will get more opinions. I'll post pics of the stems once the pics are approved.

Can you get a closeup of the stems top and bottom?

I'm foliar spraying with a light solution. I dilute the standard strength with half water to my spray bottle. Also, I don't plan on any more LST since I still have plenty of height still available. I was just trying to get more light to the bottom branches. Is the slow growth causing my stems to be purple?

Ok, the bigger images help.
First up - your tap water ppm is fine. It is excellent actually.
The problem is nute deficiency caused by too small a root area under such an intense HID. The over moist medium may have exacerbated it. I reckon you should repot to a good rich medium in larger pots asap, and follow the foliar tonic advice I gave you earlier in the thread. In small pots under 1000W HID's like I have, you have to keep the foliar feeding up as the plants demand a lot of food.

I will keep foliar feeding at least once a day. Is that enough?

Since I just re potted, do you think I should transplant into an even larger container? I believe the current pot now hold roughly a gallon and a half.

To many nutes (should I flush)? Not enough (go back to nute regiment instead of plain water)?

I have my fan on a timer to turn on 15 min/every 2 hours. I only have 14 settings on my digi timer and am currently using 11. Should I raise my light or possibly keep my fan on longer? Noise isn't a huge concern to the outside except possibly late at night. Though if you note in the picture, I have removed my fan from directly mounted in the window to a couple of feet away which reduced the noise to a third.

I appreciate the advice guys.

Back
Top Bottom