Is this one type of bug?

FeloniousPunk

Is this one species at different points in the life cycle?

Is this plant doomed because they are on the buds, or is there something I can use on the buds that won't harm me and my friends if we smoke or use the buds in edibles?

Thanks,
DSC_0778.JPG
DSC_0780.JPG

FP. :peace:

They're Aphids-they have live babies(clones),so the little ones are just the young ones.
And,the young ones are born pregnant-that's how they can infest a plant almost overnight.

Once they're inside the buds,they are a real problem-if you kill them,you've got buds full of dead aphids-if you don't kill them,and just harvest the plant-they don't leave when the plant starts to dry out- they just stay in place till they die of thirst...so you've got buds full of dead aphids....
You can spray them with with a 50/50 mix of isopropyl alcohol and water to kill them,you'll need to do this 3 or 4 times a week right up till harvest-concentrate the spray on the undersides of the leaves (and the buds)
You can try budwashing to get rid of some their little dead bodies,but the ones deep in the buds probably won't wash out-
I've actually got 2 or 3 ounces of "aphid bud" vacuum packed in my freezer till I figure out what I want to do with them.

They're Aphids-they have live babies(clones),so the little ones are just the young ones.
And,the young ones are born pregnant-that's how they can infest a plant almost overnight.

Once they're inside the buds,they are a real problem-if you kill them,you've got buds full of dead aphids-if you don't kill them,and just harvest the plant-they don't leave when the plant starts to dry out- they just stay in place till they die of thirst...so you've got buds full of dead aphids....
You can spray them with with a 50/50 mix of isopropyl alcohol and water to kill them,you'll need to do this 3 or 4 times a week right up till harvest-concentrate the spray on the undersides of the leaves (and the buds)
You can try budwashing to get rid of some their little dead bodies,but the ones deep in the buds probably won't wash out-
I've actually got 2 or 3 ounces of "aphid bud" vacuum packed in my freezer till I figure out what I want to do with them.

Thanks carcass.

Outside of the fact that smoking bugs is gross, is there a health consequence to smoking it? We make oil to put in capsules, are there any consequences to ingesting them? Like yourself, I find it is hard to throw away cannabis. LoL!

I smoked some of the lesser infested aphid bud before I froze it-didn't hurt me (and I didn't taste the bugs)-I figure the aphids were full of "cannabis juice" when they died,so how bad can they be?
Chances are we've all smoked more bugs that we'd like to know about,and if you're going to make oil caps then I wouldn't worry about it-people in other countries eat bugs all the time..on purpose ! I hear they're chock full of protein....

LoL!

I'm sure we all have smoked lots of bugs over the years. I guess all this cannabis cup stuff has made us all prima donnas, looking for the perfect nug. Gonna get rid of as many of those little bastards as I can and enjoy the crop like it was 1978 all over again.

Thanks for the input carcass.

Process it brotha. BHO or c02. Into concentrates. ;) :peace:

Back
Top Bottom