Is this plant gonna survive? What's wrong with it and how do I fix?

Rmb22

420 Member
I was given a plant by a friend as he had to get rid of it. I don't know what type of cannabis plant it is and it's probably about 12 weeks old.

Yesterday it was transplanted into a larger pot with fresh soil with maybe 10% of previous medium.
When transplanting I noticed the root system wasn't very developed, the roots can't straight down from the stem to the bottom of the pot and didn't really spread out horizontally.
There was probably some root damage during transplant but mean root threads are still in tank.
Yesterday was also the first time it was fed nutrients in maybe 6 weeks (6%NPK as I struggled to find higher ratios that weren't too expensive)
Is it dead? Is there anything I can do to help it recover if it is alive?
This is my first ever plant and equipment is scarce. It has been growing outside during the day and left inside (no light) at night

Attachments

• IMG_20200918_170706.jpg
    IMG_20200918_170706.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20200918_170702.jpg
    IMG_20200918_170702.jpg
    904.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20200918_170655.jpg
    IMG_20200918_170655.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
How much water should I put in given the size of pot that won't lead to over watering. What's the best way to gauge whether you've watered enough

Attachments

• IMG_20200918_172250.jpg
    IMG_20200918_172250.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
Probably in shock from root damage and if that's the up pot and it's 12 weeks old then it was definitely root bound and probably still is.
Soil also looks heavy like it needs aeration
I couldn't see the root system through any of the holes in the old pot and when I removed the plant from it the roots hadn't spread towards the sides much mostly straight down. I was kinda shocked how little the roots had spread to the side I don't know whether that's a problem the plant has aswell

How much water should I put in given the size of pot that won't lead to over watering. What's the best way to gauge whether you've watered enough

Many variables.

Size and kind of pot, type of soil and how much aeration, size of plant, humidity, airflow.

Usually best way is use at least a 5 gallon FABRIC pot, use well aerated soil with at least 30% aeration, pick up the pot before you water it even weigh it if you can, then thoroughly water it, then pick up the pot to feel the difference between saturated vs dry and try to mostly keep it right in between those two

Also what can I use to help with aeration? I don't really want to have to repot until it's a bit more stable

It's sort of Inbetween. Can't tell whether the soil is cool or damp. I've brought inside. Going to give it half a water now, have a smoke to let air get in in for a bit then give it a little more after

Back
Top Bottom