Is this ready for harvest?

farmerjo

420 Member
Hey All, I'm a new grower and am having doubts about when to harvest. I've attached some pics of the trichomes of my plant. Does it look ready? Some look cloudy and even amber... but some look clear/glassy too. I'm a bit confused and any guidance would be very helpful.

What strain, medium, and how far along into flower is she? Still drinking and feeding regularly or startinf to slow down? Coloring/yellowing of the big fan leaves? Tough to tell based off those pics but it looks like most of the amber is on the sugar leaves. I see some white pistils too but hard to tell the ratio. My sugars always start ambering before the buds so maybe within 2 weeks? Post some full plant and full bud shots and some more details and we can give ya a better idea.

Sorry, here are some details:

HYDRO GROW

Strain - Jack Herer
# of Plants - 1
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - Flower (~2 months)
Setup - Deep Water Culture
Light - 1000 Watt HPS
Nutrients - General Hydroponics
Medium - Grodan Rockwool
PH - 6
RH - 30-40%
Room Temperature - 68-72F
Solution Temperature - 65 to 69

The fan leaves have started to yellow a bit... but I had a run-in with spider mites that I am just recovering from. They definitely aren't drinking as much as they used to. And yes, the amber is mostly on the outer leaves.

Some full shots are here:

IMG_20171230_170850.jpg
IMG_20171230_170837.jpg
IMG_20171230_170829.jpg
IMG_20171230_170824.jpg

Some hydro growers should chime and help soon, I'm a soiler. Jack Herer can go up to 14 weeks from what I'm seeing on the ol Googler. They look like they still have a bit to go to plump up. If your around 8 weeks now I'd say you're at the very least 2-3 away from the harvest window opening up.

Still seeing straight white pistils, personally I would give it at least another week and then see how it looks.

Seconded. Had a Nitro Cookies plant that looked about the same and I pulled all but 4 branches.... Needless to say, the 4 branches matured to look like almost a whole different plant.

Thanks everyone for the replies! It's now been about 13 days since the last post, and I'm here with some updated photos. They're looking much larger now with darker red hairs, but I'm still seeing some new pistil growth. It's quite confusing... do these new ones look ready?

If still getting new pistil growth then it is still growing IMHO. Looks like the leaves are starting to die off so nearing the end of it's life cycle, I'd give it at least another week if it was mine. I'm in soil and notice that they quit taking water near the end (pot stays heavy), no idea if you can tell that with Hydro at all or not as I've only grown soil. But like everything in life you will get opinions all over the place ;) :rofl: I've just found that after "I think they are ready" it's another week or two before they are as you have a pretty good size window before potency degrades and after all this time/effort is a shame to chop it before it's time. The Sativa dominant ones can fool you a bit more as they take so much longer to mature than the Indica ones.

I have a baby Black Columbian that keeps messing with my head too as it is still putting out pistils ( I thought it was close two weeks ago too):
0033440.JPG

0023605.JPG

Looks to me in my humble opinion, that it has a little nutrient burn. Give it at least another week. In my opinion. Maybe even two.
I grow mine in soil but i got tired of trying to figure out the trichomes.
I just wait until she looks ripe.
This was 2 days before harvest. O.G. Kush.
She just looks ripe. Then I look at the tri combs and BAM!
They are about half white half amber.
Screen_Shot_2018-01-08_at_7_01_09_PM.png

Looks to me in my humble opinion, that it has a little nutrient burn. Give it at least another week. In my opinion. Maybe even two.
I grow mine in soil but i got tired of trying to figure out the trichomes.
I just wait until she looks ripe.
This was 2 days before harvest. O.G. Kush.
She just looks ripe. Then I look at the tri combs and BAM!
They are about half white half amber.
Screen_Shot_2018-01-08_at_7_01_09_PM.png

Looks soooo good x.x

Back
Top Bottom