Is this really true? Does the AN Sensi Series require no PH adjustment?

flogger11

Have been using GH Maxi series and am tired of adjusting my PH. Grow specs are DWC res @ 68ºF, 85º room temp day (74º night), running apprx 1000 ppm naCL, co2, 12/12, room vented 1.25-1.5x per minute (trying to balance fresh air vs co2 loss).

Will the Advanced Nutrients Sensi Two Part line be much more PH stable than the Maxi solid nutes? I know my tap water is 8.5 and by the time I get my TDS up to 900-1000 my Ph is down to 4.0 or less, I then have to add PH up.

So with the sensi series can a person really just add it to say 6.0 water and not have to worry about PH adjustment? The website says in hydro it will keep the PH at 5.6 no matter what, is this a true statement? Are they saying it compensates for the plants affect on PH? If so I would say these nutes are well worth the premium price.

Also I see it appears a person needs to mix the AH at half strength or so? I believe AH says 15ml per gallon, so a person would want to be closer to 8ml per gallon?

Thanks for the input everybody! :peace:

Re: Is this really true? Does the AN Sensi Series require no PH adjustment??

<bumpity bump bump for some informed input>

all of an's new stuff has the ph perfect in it but you have to look at what your buying. all there products with the old labels youll have to ajust the ph your self. but if you get the seni with the girl on the bottle then it will ph for you... thats the main reason why there advertisements have all the new labels. hope this helps. if your in the US youll have to order there new stuff from online because they dont sell the new products to the states yet.

all of an's new stuff has the ph perfect in it but you have to look at what your buying. all there products with the old labels youll have to ajust the ph your self. but if you get the seni with the girl on the bottle then it will ph for you... thats the main reason why there advertisements have all the new labels. hope this helps. if your in the US youll have to order there new stuff from online because they dont sell the new products to the states yet.

I have to imagine the local warehouses are loaded up with the old product, we wont see the new until the old clears out. Checked our local shop and they said the same thing.

But otherwise it works as stated? With a weekly res change could a person ditch the PH equipment?

yes when i used them my ph would sit at 6.1 all day in hydro.

"yes when i used them my ph would sit at 6.1 all day in hydro."

Beautiful! What strength did you run at? I have heard a person needs to run them weaker than the recommended levels. Are there any drawbacks to these nutes? Would they be great as stand alone (no additional supplements) from seed to harvest?

Thanks so much for the hand pepes! :peace:

you could just use the base by its self, start at half dose if your young plants and work up to full. i know it says 4ml per liter but since i use other supliments ill run 3 ml per liter and toss in big bud or over drive depending on the plants stage and i also use bud candy and kushy kush. i hear great things about sensizyme but i havent tried it yet my roots are always healthy.

Back
Top Bottom