Is this the start of something bad?

Buddskii

2nd year growing outdoors and this is the first time I have seen this on my leaves. It just started recently. I dont see any mold spots. It's just a white powdery film that wipes off with the touch. Any info or help is appreciated.

20220921_123453.jpg

20220921_123439.jpg

20220921_123420.jpg

20220921_123348.jpg

Looks like white powdery mildew.
@InTheShed uses a citric acid spray to deal with it.
Can be used up until harvest.
Sorry, that's a 5g citric acid powder (food grade) to 500ml water with a couple drops of soap (castile or Dr. Bronner's I think).

Looks like white powdery mildew.
@InTheShed uses a citric acid spray to deal with it.
Can be used up until harvest.
Thanks for the shout Melville, and that's definitely PM. I treat mine with a 1% citric acid spray, and here's the recipe (scale up as necessary...I mix a gallon at time!):

5g food grade citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap

(For the record, 10 pipette drops of dish soap works out to a little less than 1ml in 1500ml of water, or 0.3ml per 500ml. I have since switched to yucca powder which is around 1/8 tsp/gallon.)

Mix well and spray, and make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide between the buds and the branch. Also, spray first thing in the morning before the sun is baking the leaves.

You can tell live PM from dead because live PM will wipe off with your finger (wash your hands after!). Dead PM looks similar but won't wipe off.

Just a note, this kills PM but doesn't prevent it so repeat as needed. The only thing that tends to prevent PM are oil sprays which I don't use in flower. In veg I usually just use neem to keep the PM down.

Back
Top Bottom