Is This Your Homework Larry? Seedsman Skunk #1 In Soil

Tony Urban

Salutations people, welcome to my little corner of the cannabis revolution, I am here to be as lazy as possible but still deliver some fine content. Follow along for some happy fun time.

This will be a legal Canadian 4 plant recreational grow. I will show you that you don’t need to be a pro, or work hard, just to grow some personal
cannabis. Just give it a shot.

I recognize that other methods produce more yield, bigger buds, vigorous growth, and possibly with less effort. It’s important to appreciate those methods and their results. People grow to suit their situation. I wanted to make less of an impact on my environment, with less effort, while maximizing the natural result. So I landed on living organic soil, with LEDs, and no bottled nutrients. Choose carefully the method you want to grow, so that it suits your needs and lifestyle.

Grow Space:
A 3 foot by 3 foot tent that is 6.5 feet tall in the basement. Basement weed.

Strains:
Seedsman - Skunk #1, a total of two feminized seeds. A classic strain and one I have been wanting to try for a while. These strains were sent to me as part of a contest win prize. Thanks Seedsman!

Crop King Seeds - CB Dream, a total of one single feminized seed, got plans for this little beauty. Only paid $35 for these, $7 a seed.

Crop King Seeds - Crown Royale, one feminized seed, heard great things about this strain, these were sponsor donated seeds for a photo contest win. I lost two of the seeds in my kitchen. That’s not the first time. I lose more seeds to my kitchen than I do with poor germination....

I placed the seeds in paper towel, inside of a sandwich bag, added some bottled water to moisten, and placed the package in a warm dark place. I will leave them there for 24 hours and check on them. Then they will be moved to the peat pellets.

Grow medium:
I am using living organic soil, based off of Clacksmus Coots recipe, and tweaked to meet my local available stuff.

Sphagnum Moss, Perlite, Earth Worm Castings, Alfalfa Meal, Crab Shell Meal, Rock Dust Mix (glacial rock dust, volcanic basalt dust, local clay powdered, oyster shell powder, azomite), Diotomecious Earth, Neem Meal, Kelp Meal, and biochar. That was a year and a half ago. Most has been sitting in a big garbage bin. When done with a grow I would mix the used soil back into the big bin.

Since then I have added more black earth, some recycled shredded paper, leftover uncooked rice, trimming, veggie scraps, and anything that could be thrown back into soil. Took it all outside and mixed it back up. Then back into the garbage bins and totes and down into the basement.

This soil gets better each round. One of these days I will take the last step to vermincomposting.

I also use these for my mycos when transplanting.

Grow Container:
I am using large 32 gallon storage bins. 2 plants per bin. Until they are large enough, they will be grown in peat pellets and 6” planters.

I left my harvest trim on top of the soil, added water, and put a lid on the bins. I think I will add some fish tank water to the soil to keep it moist until the babies are ready to be transplanted into the main bins.

Grow lights:
Perfect Sun Dwarf Star, pulls about 235 watts from the wall

I am also using a FusionPro400 that pulls 200 watts. A 6” fan and carbon filter works to keep the dank as low key as possible.

I am preparing peat pellets for the sprouts. Got a few extra for my clover that I will be adding as a companion/cover crop.

I think that’s all we need to start. Pretty excited about this round.

This journal is an ode to our sponsors. I appreciate the work involved with being a sponsor while trying to be a business. I was the recipient of free seeds from @SeedsMan and CKS, and to show some love I want to grow these and show off their genetics. After all, it won’t be nutrients, hydroponics, CO2, or massive lights in this grow making the plants look good, the only thing in this journal putting in work is the genetics.

This is in theory the bare minimum you could grow for your personal, recreational home grow.

Cheers,

Urb

I'm in urb. Should be fun
Excellent DB, I am hoping so too, at least I will be home for this round, hoping my good luck with no pests continues.

pulling up my seat once again! Cheese poofs and a doob, pass em around!
:popcorn::popcorn::passitleft:
He’ll yeah PJ, welcome, appreciate the support. Let this be the wake and bake bat signal for today. It’s my Saturday lol.

Great! Happy to have you, always love new faces popping in, I will try to do these seeds justice.

This method worked well for me last round. I will check on them later today.

Super soil? I'm in, if ya don't mind?

Heck yeah, welcome aboard, there is always room for more.

I guess it kinda could be considered super soil. I am a soil noob so, I just repeat the vocabulary I hear other people say. I know it gets better each round and should be on point this grow. The Skunk and Crown Royale should really take off.

Yep I'm in for sure, want to see how this soil goes. Looks good so far.

cheers
Welcome Zincite, thanks for joining, I am hoping to pull some big colas off this group. Soil gods willing. Starting to get the hang of this whole home growing thing.

Whats cracking Urb. Ill be rolling through now and then aswell :p
Loves a good skunk Bilbo does
Glad you could make it too Bilbo, been wanting to try this old school Skunk since I committed to growing. I wish I could have more plants, only to try more strains, but waiting also makes it sweeter when I finally do grow it.

Next rotation will feature some ATF x Stankberry courtesy of themaddabber. Crossing Van Stanks genetics. Then a second strain for balance. But that’s a long ways away. Right now it’s all Skunk and friends.

I’m definitely interested in learning to make my own super soil that can be re used. Growing Seedsman seeds myself. Awesome!
Welcome Advocate420, always appreciate new faces joining. I am almost as much of a hermit on 420mag forum as I am IRL, but I will pop by your journal to return the energy.

I am standing on the foundation that others built. I have had some great soil growers to follow and help me along. @bobrown14 is my go to source for knowledge when it comes to living organic souls. A few other folks that escapes me at the moment due to my Swiss cheese memory.

I still have a ways to go to get @Van Stank results, but I can’t complain with where we are now. Check those two folks out when you get a chance if you haven’t already.

color me intrigued Urb!

Advocate....please feel free to ask any questions you might have regarding soil. Lots of ways to skin that cat when you are ready. No real right or wrong answer, only what works best for your situation. You can't go wrong following Urb, Bob, and check out @LaquerHead too, he's another LOS budding superstar getting some great results.

color me intrigued Urb!

Advocate....please feel free to ask any questions you might have regarding soil. Lots of ways to skin that cat when you are ready. No real right or wrong answer, only what works best for your situation. You can't go wrong following Urb, Bob, and check out @LaquerHead too, he's another LOS budding superstar getting some great results.
Exactly right, lots of options with soil, can’t go wrong with any grow medium since in the end we get what we want...dank ass weed!

I love seedsman genetics!.

Id also like to take a swing at LOS at some point! Gotta be done!
Yeah I picked up Seedsmans Jack Herer and Mamma Mia, both will be fun to try

Exactly right, lots of options with soil, can’t go wrong with any grow medium since in the end we get what we want...dank ass weed!

Yeah I picked up Seedsmans Jack Herer and Mamma Mia, both will be fun to try
Yer man i grew out that mama mia she was a animal. Dense buds and a beautiful smoke.

Back
Top Bottom