Is This Your Homework Larry? Seedsman Skunk #1 In Soil

Ok, I got my heat mat under the seedlings but I will either pick up another one, or split this one between the two bins. It will keep the soil just a bit warmer that it was. I am sure it’s above 50 but, now it will be a more friendly.

Here are the 4 seedlings above ground. These will be allowed to grow into the peat pucks before being tossed into 6” azalea pots.

I also sent an email to our local worm farm and waiting to hear back. Hope it’s that easy. I don’t want to have any shipped just out of convenience.

Edit: checked on my soil bins this morning and they have a nice layer of “fuzz” growing on the surface already. Love the activity going on.

it’s based off the classic scene in TBL
I was Walter for a Halloween party one year and had Larry's homework :laugh:
he two heroes of our quest, Skunk #1 and...well Skunk #1, are first above ground.
Sweet! Ah The Nostalgia is real folks:popcorn:Got some of the cheese phenos from Seedsman i want to run one day. :passitleft:

my personality is like oatmeal with sand lol
Mine too lol! Dude...those photos are phenomenal! That skunk1 should be fun to grow, might try and find some of them next year.

That bin will be rockin and rollin in a week or two!

I was Walter for a Halloween party one year and had Larry's homework :laugh:
Sweet! Ah The Nostalgia is real folks:popcorn:Got some of the cheese phenos from Seedsman i want to run one day. :passitleft:
lmao that would have been an awesome outfit. Been wanting to dress up as the dude, in a bath robe with a container of 50/50 cream and signing cheque’s for .68 cents lol.

The skunk is going to be a fun one. Classic genetics are classic for a reason, and I want to find out why.

Mine too lol! Dude...those photos are phenomenal! That skunk1 should be fun to grow, might try and find some of them next year.

That bin will be rockin and rollin in a week or two!
Thank you, been pretty lucky with some of the photos lately, I have had nice plants or buds to work with.

I am super excited about the skunk, almost as excited for the Crown Royale, but the skunk is my focus. I am hoping for some beautiful buds.

Alrighty then, now that our seedlings are above ground, I can breathe easier. Not that I had any anxiety about it, it’s just that laziness part of me was concerned that more work was possible lol.

So the seedlings were getting a bit of stretch. Figured I should put them in their temporary pots and bury them a bit for support as well as potential rooting improvement.

I used 6” azalea pots last time and they worked well. The only difference between these and other pots is that the azalea pots are a bit shallower and wider.

I sprinkled some bio gold mycos on the soil or plug before covering.

Everyone is back into the veg tent under the T5’s. Gave them just a small taste of water, but want them to send out roots, so I will wait a day or two before giving them a drink.

Back into the dome. With a few clover seedlings tossed into 4” pots. I will do a little broadcast seeding of the clover once I up-pot the Skunk.

Alrighty then, now that our seedlings are above ground, I can breathe easier. Not that I had any anxiety about it, it’s just that laziness part of me was concerned that more work was possible lol.

So the seedlings were getting a bit of stretch. Figured I should put them in their temporary pots and bury them a bit for support as well as potential rooting improvement.

I used 6” azalea pots last time and they worked well. The only difference between these and other pots is that the azalea pots are a bit shallower and wider.

I sprinkled some bio gold mycos on the soil or plug before covering.

Everyone is back into the veg tent under the T5’s. Gave them just a small taste of water, but want them to send out roots, so I will wait a day or two before giving them a drink.

Back into the dome. With a few clover seedlings tossed into 4” pots. I will do a little broadcast seeding of the clover once I up-pot the Skunk.
Looking good brother! :thumb:

I cracked and ordered some seeds before they were not around any more.

I like my Jordan of the Islands genetics, but also was eyeing up some In House Genetics, however I can’t justify spending stupid amounts of money for genetics.

Lucky for me, last year JOTI and IHG teamed up and made this:

Gods Dosie Pie

Our award winning God Bud gets more sweeter and earthier with this pairing of Inhouse Genetics Dosie Pie (Dosidos x Velvet Pie (f2)). God’s Dosie Pie is a fast flowering (55 – 60 Days), above average yielding, medium size marijuana plant that’s ideal for indoor or outdoor growing. It’s ideal for both commercial and craft production, novice and seasoned growers who are seeking something different. Unlike most God Bud pairings, God’s Dosie Pie may be topped to create a more branchy plant.

TYPE
Indica / Sativa

FLOWERING TIME
55- 60 days

I also wanted some type of Kush, since my pops prefers Kush...so I bought these:

Gods White Banana Kush

The legendary west coast marijuana strain White Banana Kush from Dankonomics is paired with our award winning God Bud. Tasty kush and banana like flavors can be detected in the dried flowers. This is a fast flowering (55 -60 Days), above average yielding, medium sized marijuana plant. God’s White Banana Kush is easy to grow and seasoned growers will have no problem dialing in their results. Anticipate a more indica structured plant, but the final results are a combination of couch-locking and heady space.

TYPE
Indica / Sativa

FLOWERING TIME
55- 65 days

It will be a long time before I get to these I think.

Gave the seedlings some water this morning. Then I went out hoping to pick up some compost, mulch, and maybe some dolomite lime but that wasn’t in the cards.

The idea was to add some lime to my top dress that can assist in managing PH without me actively managing ph lol. The compost was going to be added to the soil bin and the mulch for the active bins.

I was also heavily checking out those autopot systems. If these bins don’t work out....

What I did pick up was some coco bricks. I will soak those and that will be both my top dress mulch stand in, as well as another addition to my soil in storage.

Here is a look at what my bins are looking like after the top dress. Getting some nice activity while we wait for the seedlings to take off.

Happy thanksgiving to my American compradres. I am so unplugged today it’s silly.

I have been testing my Gift of Fire. The fruity pheno. Pretty much expected taste on inhale, not much development of flavours yet, but smooth. i Have been puffing on it most of the day and I am digging it.

My wife came home after work for a brief moment and she thought I looked wrecked lol. It’s got a Blue Dream kind of chilled uplifting high. Kinda fades into more indica couchlock after a few hours. Very much in the head though, slight pressure but a clear buzz, this one will be nice in a few more weeks.

The other jars are of the other plants. The Bubba 76 indica has more red and purple. The hybrid leaning bubba 76 is light green and frosty. The other gift of fire is a large jar with some nice nugs. The slow and low was initiated early and I am burping a fair amount and rotating some through the paper bag to dry them a bit more.

They don’t smell much other than chlorophyll decaying. Each one has a faint hint of where we will be once we get closer to being fully cured.

I filled a 5 gallon bucket with hot water and tossed in the coco brick. Let me say that coco was a great insulator, it held that heat for a very long time. I drained what little water wasn’t absorbed and once it had cooled I mixed it into half a garbage bin of my storage soil. 20 litres of coco added. I gotta say I love the texture and composition as a soil amendment. Exactly the roughage I was looking for. It has a great texture and reminds me of the decaying forest litter. Might have to add some perlite.

I suspect early in my soil composition I put too much EWC in and not enough of humus compost type of material. The high nitrogen caused some stretching I think. Between the used up excess, adding of black earth, and now the coco. We should have a better balance.

Happy thanksgiving Urban! Maybe the newly mixed soil has made my blue dream stretch the way she is...from the high nitrogen, never thought of that!!

My Blue Dream and Green Crack in my first grow stretched a lot in flower. It’s the only thing I could think of, has some leaf curl showing nitrogen toxicity, and it’s slowly gotten better as we go.

Edit: someone else pointed out the nitrogen issue, lol I’m not that skilled, so I just made the assumption that my 60litres of EWC was too much lol

Back
Top Bottom