Is This Your Homework Larry? Seedsman Skunk #1 In Soil

Well I thought I would throw up some images of my soil now that I mixed up half the coco into the reserve soil. Plus a photo of the other soil bin.

I found the heat mat was a bit too warm for the seedlings and small pots. An hour or two and I shut it off. Temps were up in the low 90s. But it’s going to be perfect for the final bins since they are so big. I was thinking of setting a timer twice a day for an hour or two each time.

I can’t help loving the latest harvest as it cures. I put together a small care package for an old buddy. Sent him some of the fruity gift of fire as it smells ready. Good buzz too. Also sent him some of the last nug of my spring harvest.

Burping these jars is a pleasure, they keep slowly shrinking into gorgeous buds, by far the best looking buds I have grown.

Seedlings are doing alright temps were around 79 and Rh was 83 or so. Stragglers or weak plants will be culled, 4 plant limit means 4 healthy vigorous plants.

I couldn’t help myself and tried some of the bubba 76. But first I took all these photos and did the editing, while on a Sativa lol.

The jars are all about ready to remove from the fridge. The bright fresh harvest smell is fading and the subtle berries and skunk/Kush smells are picking up. This was the green hybrid pheno..

This is the Bubba 76 indica leaner with the purple top and orange hairs all over. They are nice to look at but still not a lot of funk.

The Bubba was smooth, a bit expansive or abrasive in the lungs, but that could be me. Burns well. Flavour is light, still a bit fresh, time at room temp sealed at 60% Rh should finish the deal. It is strong weed though, hits hard with a couch lock after effect. This is the one I will make a tincture with I think.

Some red clover starting to grow.
View media item 1626535

Now that I have a few grows under my belt, I want to get back to one of my original goals, and that is to help find some relief for those in my circle of trust. Insomnia and joint pain. The CB Dream in the veg tent will be the real medicine. This tincture will be an experiment for both.

I took some old trim from last harvest, leaves mostly, then some larf buds from this last harvest, and then added a few big stinky nugs of my recent bubba 76 . I chopped up the bubba and crushed the rest. Came out to 10 grams of material. I added the vodka to that and shook it up. Threw on the date and off we go. I will shake daily for a while. After a month or two I will strain the material out. At the two month mark I will give it a taste. Small doses since I have no idea what it will taste like. Between the slow and low curing, Malawi cobs and the tincture I feel like a mad scientist.

In the future, I would use about half as much vodka...or everclear if possible! My slightly educated guess would put you at 5mg per ml at the most. More than likely it will be around 3 mg/ml. Which will require you to consume a bit of everclear for a gooood buzz...unless you micro dose?

Did you decarb your bud first? Not sure its necessary with a long term tincture but just curious..

I often feel like a mad scientist/betty crocker too :laugh: Lol...its fun though!

In the future, I would use about half as much vodka...or everclear if possible! My slightly educated guess would put you at 5mg per ml at the most. More than likely it will be around 3 mg/ml. Which will require you to consume a bit of everclear for a gooood buzz...unless you micro dose?

Did you decarb your bud first? Not sure its necessary with a long term tincture but just curious..

I often feel like a mad scientist/betty crocker too :laugh: Lol...its fun though!

With the long soak it’s not necessary to declarb, from what I read. I needed to go light on the mix this time around as we needed to figure out dosing. We want to knock mom out for a good night sleep, not send her on a spiritual journey lol. I will be the guinea pig.

I am thinking teaspoon or tablespoon doses. But I will start with 1/2 tsp. and see what happens.

I know next round with the CB Dream, at 6% thc and 6% cbd, that ratio will be much closer to giving me the desired effect.

In the future, I would use about half as much vodka...or everclear if possible! !
Ok good to know. I originally was going to make two batches, had their been a 26 ounce bottle of something, with two different potencies. But our liquor store only had small mickies of the white lightning. I purchased one since I dont like vodka all that much. So one batch it is. The plan was to have to mix it with a bevvy.

This is a test run and I think the experimenting will be fun.

Jars and seedlings look great.

Tincture is better with decarb. Can do it anytime. Add that jar into a double boiler for about 1/2 hour. You will see the alcohol bubble slightly when it stops bubbling you're done and the tincture is ready to consume after it cools.

The long slow process is OK. The double boiler thing is better for effects. A lot faster too. I like the ready results.

On your soil and N making your plants stretch. I'd be looking at your plant growth regulators that can help with stretch. EWC won't have much N anyways. If it did I'd have burned my plants up by now. Things that make plants grow taller than say they would normally would be hormones (PGR's) and catalysts like MBP (malted barley powder). If you foiler on kelp teas or water in with them, that's a good source of PGRs as is alfalfa meal if you use that and sprouted corn.

I like big plants tho so I consider that a good thing. Just more goodness I'm thinking.

If you're worrying about plants growing too tall for you, smaller pots always help regulate height. I've got 2 pots in flower that are only 3.5gal pots and both plants are the shortest and are manageable for me.

Jars and seedlings look great.

Tincture is better with decarb. Can do it anytime. Add that jar into a double boiler for about 1/2 hour. You will see the alcohol bubble slightly when it stops bubbling you're done and the tincture is ready to consume after it cools.

The long slow process is OK. The double boiler thing is better for effects. A lot faster too. I like the ready results.

On your soil and N making your plants stretch. I'd be looking at your plant growth regulators that can help with stretch. EWC won't have much N anyways. If it did I'd have burned my plants up by now. Things that make plants grow taller than say they would normally would be hormones (PGR's) and catalysts like MBP (malted barley powder). If you foiler on kelp teas or water in with them, that's a good source of PGRs as is alfalfa meal if you use that and sprouted corn.

I like big plants tho so I consider that a good thing. Just more goodness I'm thinking.

If you're worrying about plants growing too tall for you, smaller pots always help regulate height. I've got 2 pots in flower that are only 3.5gal pots and both plants are the shortest and are manageable for me.

I figured a decarb would be better but they said a long soak it wasn’t required. Next time with the CB Dream I will decarb before soak.

These last two grows those stretching flowers have essentially stopped. I really wasn’t positive what was causing such long bud tips the first grow. Growth regulators make sense.

We are now working with a more balanced soil. Small additions like the coco is just minor tweaks. I have had zero issues last round, including pests, so things are doing ok. Don’t want to mess with the soil any further since it’s working well.

I think this round will be the best. I plan to slowly add back in some things. I will give a good coconut water feed soon. After topping I will give an aloe feed. Then after initial up pot into the bins I will probably give a kelp top dress.

The other difference this round, and I said I was going to scrog before, but I hope to properly train them this time in my net. If the bins don’t work out, I will go to the autopot system, but so far I think we found a nice sweet spot.

An aloe feed.... hmmm must go to google now, I’m assuming that rejuvenates and adds some nice natural nutrients after the topping.

Yeah it’s supposed to be quite amazing for all sorts of things. My wife has been growing one aloe so well we have been able to take new shoots and repot them. Last time I fed them aloe I chopped off a big arm of it, blended it up, and added that to a big bucket of water. Fed the ladies with that.

This time I might try a foliar.

Back
Top Bottom