Is This Your Homework Larry? Seedsman Skunk #1 In Soil

Someone gave me an unnamed nug of homegrown the other day. It tasted and smelled strongly like skunk. I liked it a lot. Go skunk 1

I can’t wait to try the skunk. I don’t remember what skunk smells like or tastes like lol. But, I have never really met a cannabis strain I didn’t like enough to not smoke it lol.

I thought I would show more of my soil universe doing its thing. I joke a lot about being lazy with this method of growing, but there are alway little things I do now and then.

I don’t always compost my veggie scraps but I do try to always have something breaking down in my extra soil . Trim, culled males, old root balls, egg shells, or whatever.

Here’s some recent veggie scraps from a family dinner tossed into the bin. It’s already got some friends growing on them.

View media item 1627935

View media item 1627936

More Horse Power

+1 - start slow and ramp up! lol

Aloe is also has a few PGRs in the gel. It's got everything for root and shoot growth as any of the synthetic cloning gels/powders have at a fraction of the cost.

The big 3 for cloning all present in aloe gel. (I should start using aloe again).

IAA - Indole-3-acetic acid
GA3 - Gibberellic acid
ABA - Abscisic acid

There's books written about these 3.

Aloe is also has a few PGRs in the gel. It's got everything for root and shoot growth as any of the synthetic cloning gels/powders have at a fraction of the cost.

The big 3 for cloning all present in aloe gel. (I should start using aloe again).

GA3 - Gibberellic acid
ABA - Abscisic acid

Fresh cut aloe squezings work?

Neat to zoom in and see the individual threads and spore heads in that last pic!:eek:

Yeah it’s pretty amazing how quickly they set up on the scraps. I should try and get some close ups with the macro lens of the growth.

GA3 - Gibberellic acid
ABA - Abscisic acid

Yeah there is no reason I can’t be feeding the girls aloe, coconut water, or kelp.

I think a few key feeds during particular phases of growth should provide some good results.

...there is something special about the simplicity of a well rolled joint of quality cannabis.

I picked that rolling tray up during my first trip to Vegas. My only trip. We don’t gamble, but we look for good places to eat, and of course found some. Had some killer soul food, my first authentic soul food. We don’t get much of that up in northern Canada. We ordered almost one of everything. BBQ chicken, fried chicken, red beans and rice, macaroni and cheese, cornmeal griddle cakes, collard greens, and sweet tea. I was geeking out. Sauce all over my fingers and face. We talked about that meal for a long time after. I look at that tray and remember the good people and good food of Vegas.

I can’t wait to try the skunk. I don’t remember what skunk smells like or tastes like lol. But, I have never really met a cannabis strain I didn’t like enough to not smoke it lol.
Hmmm
I thought I would show more of my soil universe doing its thing. I joke a lot about being lazy with this method of growing, but there are alway little things I do now and then.

I don’t always compost my veggie scraps but I do try to always have something breaking down in my extra soil . Trim, culled males, old root balls, egg shells, or whatever.

Here’s some recent veggie scraps from a family dinner tossed into the bin. It’s already got some friends growing on them.

View media item 1627935

View media item 1627936
Been making an outdoor compost and will never use it indoors. I didn’t think of trying to do the soil and compost indoors and regulate the bugs. Hmm. I do get that same life force with recycled coffee grounds, quickly. We need to get us an electric microscope. Bet it’s coooool.

Can make all that stuff for ya'll. First time i went i hit Strip and Bobby Flays joint. I can bring the soul/southern cooking all day long.
Yeah plenty of good places to eat nowadays. People actually demand more quality and those who love food deliver. We don’t have any southern roots or family from that area so we were pretty stoked to try some home cooking southern classics.

Hmmm

Been making an outdoor compost and will never use it indoors. I didn’t think of trying to do the soil and compost indoors and regulate the bugs. Hmm. I do get that same life force with recycled coffee grounds, quickly. We need to get us an electric microscope. Bet it’s coooool.
Yeah I haven’t had any bug issues with the indoor soil so far. Fingers crossed. But it still breaks down scraps quickly. I am coming up on some days off and hope to snap a few higher resolution pictures of the spores.

You have to do the cotton underwear test !
Saw a write up of soil makers and the competition was to leave the cotton undies in the soil and see what’s left after said amount of time. You could see the best soil the only thing left was the rubber waist band.

You have to do the cotton underwear test !
Saw a write up of soil makers and the competition was to leave the cotton undies in the soil and see what’s left after said amount of time. You could see the best soil the only thing left was the rubber waist band.

lol I will have to check into that.

I found some brown cubical rot in a downed tree at work and harvested a bit.

This stuff is full of enzymes and mycorrhizae that are beneficial to soil and breaking down wood material. The plan is to break it up as well as I can and put it into my storage bin full of soil.

View media item 1628581
View media item 1628582

The decomposing tree matter breaks up easily into pretty fine organic matter. I broke a lot of it up into fine matter, with smaller chunks left to be broken down over time, then mixed it up with the storage soil and veggie scraps.

To be clear, this was just instinct, nothing too scientific about it. I saw a lot of this in the bush. Saw the layers of fungus breaking down the plant material. Fine white mats of mycorrhizae from the surrounding area intermixed.

View media item 1628645
View media item 1628646
View media item 1628648
I even found a worm. Not sure if it was in my soil or in the rotting wood.

View media item 1628647

Back
Top Bottom