Is This Your Homework Larry? Seedsman Skunk #1 In Soil

You can knit a hat with that stuff.
Following your gut! Love it.:passitleft:
yeah a bit of a mad scientist lol. I love the life in the soil bin now, at least we know there are little populations of different organisms. Hopefully that translates into healthy plants.

Hey Urb, so that's a way to diy enzymes and mycorrhizae. That stuff's all over the place in the spring under things. I'll have to see if I can collect some for the summer grow next year and get it in the hole.
Yeah I am not sure if it’s actually going to be beneficial in all those ways or not. At the very least I am adding some organic matter that would have been a part of compost had I added it. The silviculture and plant biology part of me thinks there will be a benefit but again, not backed by actual science, but the gut said do it.

My seeds arrived from Jordan of the Islands. I had asked in the notes for a few stickers. I wasn’t hopeful lol. Alas I got a few stickers but they are for the Vancouver Seed Bank...and I don’t really know them. They also sent me 12 business cards lol, I think I will put them up around town for shits and giggles.

I was also pleasantly surprised with a 12 pack of Jordan’s Kush. Although there is no information anywhere on what Kush that might be or it’s background. But appreciate the free seeds and the old man loves Kush, so I will happily grow that out.

New seeds are always a joy.

Yes indeed I was happy to see those, seems I have some more on the way with the second place photo of the month finish, going to make picking seeds to drop each round more difficult.

Here’s a few shots of the tent today. Nothing to note. Letting the pots dry out. The one skunk seems to have found another gear. I suspect the soil is a bit wet right now, they all should pick up steam here as the soil finds a balance.

Looking good urban.. I'd agree soil may be a bit too wet. Skunk is doing well with it. Mine always tends to be too dry and can look like I am overwatering when that isn't the case lol. Congrats on having the chance to get more seeds after you've just got some.. always fun getting new seeds!

Looking good urban.. I'd agree soil may be a bit too wet. Skunk is doing well with it. Mine always tends to be too dry and can look like I am overwatering when that isn't the case lol. Congrats on having the chance to get more seeds after you've just got some.. always fun getting new seeds!
Thanks imtoasted, they were tossed into the 6” pots a bit to early to counter the stretch. Their little roots couldn’t take in their first watering. I plugged the seedling mat in for a few hours to warm up the bottom and help with some evaporation.

I wasn’t going to buy any but, wanted that in-house genetics cross for much cheaper than they would have sold it for lol. I will have a good mix of autos after this too, which means I may have to do an auto run at some point.

Congratulations Urb! NIce pic. More seeds!
Thanks stoneotter, sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good, few more seeds never hurt anyone’s right? I won’t be needing to buy any more seeds for the next few years lol.

We'll see.:D

lol yeah, but I should have around 140 seeds, and even if I pop 8 to get my 4 plants, and 2.3 grows a year, that’s probably over 20 years of grows with my current seeds.

But like many others, you never know what will come along, and who I will give seed away to. My plan is to win more seeds. Maybe get more testing opportunities lol.

Gettin stuff done today. More puttering for the pot.

Watered the red clover today, and gave a tiny sip to the big skunk1. The other plants still need a day or 3 before they get water and I think it will be some diluted aloe in there. Get this show on the road.

Disinfected the tent (3ft x 3ft x 6.5ft) . Tightened my scrog frame. Rearranged my filter and lights.

Tightening up the design and gaining some space and height in the tent.

The filter is now attached to a single pole that runs from the front to the rear of the tent, and sits on top of the main frame poles. It can slide left or right on the main frame as needed. The filter can slide forward or reverse on this pole as required.

View media item 1629627
View media item 1629626

The lights are attached to two separate poles that also sit on top of the frame, but go from one side of the tent to the other. These poles can slide forward or backward in the tent. The lights can shift left or right on this pole as required. The filter blocks the centre forcing a small gap between the lights.

However a quick uncoupling and I can swing the back end of either light over to the other side of the filter to have a single light centred in the tent for seedlings. Overall it’s pretty slick actually.
View media item 1629628
View media item 1629629

For those new folks, this is my quick and easy scrog frame. Built with scrap wood, a few bolts with wing nuts and washers. Few extra holes drilled to make the height adjustable. Screws in the top every few inches so you can make whatever width of net you want.
View media item 1629634

Soil bin at the back.
View media item 1629631
Latest scraps into the soil bin. I added a few cotton cloths over top to act as some cover, a home.
View media item 1629632
Underneath it’s getting good already. These rags are broken down over time.
View media item 1629633
Got a few more of my decals up on my photo backdrop.
View media item 1629630

And lastly I cleaned my grinder for the first time. Packed all kief into a tiny container, lip balm thing, I got from my dentist. Little hashish in the making.
View media item 1629635
I also have an idea to use a big fish bowl and a few giant sponges to raise humidity in my main tent. We will think about that one and maybe do a little experiment.

Still got it!
View media item 1629625

Back
Top Bottom