Is This Your Homework Larry? Seedsman Skunk #1 In Soil

lmao made me laugh... My mom has that lamp, my brother was ralphie in a prof theatre production when he was younger, so she bid on the lamp at their auction, now every christmas she pulls it out and sets it up in the big bay window lmao ill snap you a 420 friendly pic next time im over there lol

tent is looking good! I like the looks of skunk #1... And excited to see the jordans gear grown out... Ive never pulled the trigger on their gear but was always intrigued.

Lmfao it’s my favourite Christmas movie of all time. I have a bad habit of memorizing a lot of pop culture and regurgitating it elsewhere. Like here. I almost bought one of those lamps lol.

Pretty excited about this round. Big expectations from the Skunk. I can’t wait to throw down some more JOTI stuff. Both of the new ones look great. I haven’t seen a company that provides the genetics they do at the prices they charge. Half of what others charge.

Sorry I'm late pulling up a chair.
I'm up to date now so wanted to say hey.
Everything looks great I'm wanting to try a skunk myself.
Welcome to the little show. Happy to have ya lurking around. Still pretty early in the cycle so not a lot of excitement but, trying to keep things flowing.

I am just warming up the Jeep to head to the post office. Gotta send out a letter and thought I would take the opportunity to send out a taster doobie to someone. Surprise lol.

Since I am stepping up my organic game, I decided to make a Lactobacillus Serum based off of a recipe by @Emilya

Starting off with the rice wash (high carb wash?). Now I may have hobbled this little experiment a bit by using tap water but it is what it is, and it ain’t what it ain’t.

Already a layer of crud at the bottom.
View media item 1630411

For those curious as to what I am up to, I have no idea, but here is Em’s thread about it.

Making your own Lactobacillus Serum

Seems the days I work afternoons are fairly productive. I moved the young plants into the larger tent. Give them some real light. Swung the perfect sun Dwarf Star around to go over the tray.
View media item 1630421

Put my heat mat under the soil bins. Vacuumed out the little bits under the bins platform. Tried to split the mat between both bins. Then I set up a timer to go off twice a day, for about an hour or so, just to warm up the bottom of the bins. Should translate to a few degrees increase. Heating the bottom will hold the heat longer. Once I start documenting a few temp/Rh days I will try and get it dialed in a bit closer to ideal conditions (compared to my previous grows.
View media item 1630420
Harder to see but the mat is split between bins. 102 litres of soil for two plants.
View media item 1630422

Haha looking good urban.. I like the set up it's pretty sweet. Interested in how this all plays out with what you are doing.. love organics.:thumb:

Thanks bud, starting to get a little more comfortable with my set up, and might even be working to improve it a bit.

I think I am on the right track but we won’t really know for a few months. At the very least I shouldn’t hurt the plants with these shenanigans.

I am starting to get this nagging desire to dial the environment in and automate it. I might get close with the seedling mat and fishbowl/sponge humidifier I am planning. All I need is maybe 5 to 8 degrees warmer and 15% more RH. Very manageable.

I don’t know where I would be without this forum.

I have been keeping an eye on the plants as we transition into the LED and different tent environment. So far so good.

There has been no worsening of the burned tip or leaf edges. So that’s interesting. Getting good growth, we are establishing a wet dry cycle, and they are spreading out over the pots. Interesting note, I am getting two different Rh readings. 40% and 50%.

Clover still chillin’.

Here is the biggest of the bunch, Skunk #1, looks good. These are all iPhone pics and the photos are edited with a filter to bring out some depth/shadows. Taken under the Dwarf Star and not colour corrected.

The Crown Royale is also doing pretty good. We are gaining momentum. Might all get an aloe watering tomorrow. Depends on the smaller Skunk 1.

The CB Dream is in 3rd place but healthy.

Here is the runt of the litter. So much so I am concerned for its safety. We are running a legal Canadian grow. I need 4 healthy vigorous plants. Right now this one is not feeling vigorous. So, I am giving it a chance, albeit a small one. Improve or be replaced. Clock starts...now.

I must have hurt this seeds feelings. I have seen growth like this before in my first grow. A white widow freebie. It was stunted, pinched by the seed casing, and it did not shake that trauma.

Then there is the side view of the bigger Skunk #1

Here is the white widow seedling all messed up.

Here is the slow growth, same as the skunk. This image was taken 20 days after that last one, so this was 3 weeks growth.

Winner winner chicken dinner. I dropped a single feminized Northern Lights #5 x Haze x Kali Mist seed into some water that was gently kissed with coconut water.

This seed will soak for 24 hours before being subjected to the paper towel deal. This time we are going to try and boost the speed and root development. 2 inch pot to start, into a 4 inch, then the 6 inch. Dusted with mycos each time.

If we get some good vigorous growth in the NL5 cross...the Skunk gets the axe. If the skunk takes off I will kill the NL5 cross. Tick tock.

Trying out a towel before I try to find some large sponges. The increases porosity and surface area of the sponge may work better than the towel. Otherwise I may need to consider

View media item 1630859

Just a quick. Blurb.

I watered the plants today with a bit of aloe infused water. Took a small fresh cut and blended it, added that slurry to my watering jug.

Also re-vacuum sealed my cobs. Looking good, although small.

RH in the tent is now between 50 and 60. Partially from my wet towel and partially from the watering.

Shook up my tincture.

My Lacto bacillus is still doing its thing.

Off to work.

I just picked up Skunk #1 and Super Skunk from Sensi. I had such good luck with their Hindu and their Northern Lights, why not try their skunks. Not sure when I will run it, but soon hopefully.

Arent they the originator of the Sensi Star folks love? Seems like any of their stuff is well done.

Came home, grabbed some Gift of Fire, rolled a normal joint in the classic zig zag cutcorner, and puffed on maybe half of it. I would say it has a bit of that, “what the hell was I just doing” kick to it. lol

While I was all messed up I checked on my goings on. Starting with the mini cobs now in there final seal, lets call it a Christmas day unwrapping for family and guests.

Emilya describes this stage of the process, the wash is getting strands of things growing, and crap sinking to the bottom. I need one of those syringes to get the good sfuff out of the middle in a few days. Not sure I want to experience the smell of sour milk fermentation in my basement though. But its too cold outside.

A look through the tent window. At least half the water evaporated. The RH was between 53 and 60, with the temps around 83. I noticed a few more flies, so I busted out the yellow traps. I put on my little shopping list, a small fine mesh sieve. I will dust the pots and soil bins with DE. Probably be fine regardless, more a nuisance.

The big skunk. Fat leaves.

I have moved the NL5 x Haze x Mist into a ziploc baggie with moist paper towel.

Every once in a while I come across this bag and open it up, look at it, grab some of the dried horsetail ferns and crunch them up. I will have to grab some more this summer. Its my source of silica for sure, I always have healthy stalks.

Alright, as I mentioned, I am not messing around.

I went and picked up a humidifier instead of messing around buying sponges or towels or any of that.

Also picked up some molasses that I will need to make my lacto bacillus base. Also will come in handy if I preload the bins with an ACT. Probably won’t though as the soil is good.

Aloe Vera juice is just so I am not hacking my wife’s plant all the time for some watering.

Then the cider vinegar is required to work with the eggshells to make the homemade cal-mag supplement.

View media item 1631217

Hey Urban just got caught up here and pullin up a seat...Looks like we popped seeds right about the same time too. Interested to see how your skunk seeds turn out, an old friend of mine has been asking for a good source for the seeds, I didn't know. Anyway, looks great!
:passitleft:

Yeah I am not a fan of cleaning my gear, but it was time, it’s nice to have it working smoothly. All that compacted resin was making it a bit of a chore to bust up fresh nugs.

All good now! Funny, I bought the cheap grinder for $50, while the one with the lifetime warranty was $100. After seeing the stress and strain on my current grinder, maybe I should have gone with the $100 one.
Bruh. Best grinders. The original cheap plastic shark tooths. Can't get any better.

Hey Urban just got caught up here and pullin up a seat...Looks like we popped seeds right about the same time too. Interested to see how your skunk seeds turn out, an old friend of mine has been asking for a good source for the seeds, I didn't know. Anyway, looks great!
:passitleft:

Hey LED209, thanks for popping in, I will have to check in on your grow and see what’s going on. I definitely have one skunk that is going to give us a show. I am curious myself, as well now as Van Stanks version of Skunk #1 from Sensi a Seeds. I think a person would need to run several to find the right phenotype.

Bruh. Best grinders. The original cheap plastic shark tooths. Can't get any better.

Yeah I think I have two of those when I bought my Mighty.

I picked up a sieve and dusted every bit of soil with the diatomaceous earth, about 1/4 cup for each bin surface.

Got pretty good coverage too. I will do this again when I up pot the plants into the main bins and top dress with fresh soil.

Then I added in my new humidifier. Placed the hygrometers back in, two different spots, and repositioned the small fan to blow on the plants.

I would like more timers. Cycle accessories, 1/2 hour of the filter and fan to refresh the tent. 1 hour or 2 of the seedling heat mat in the morning and mid evening. A few hours of the humidifier twice a day. Create a weather pattern in a way.

Looking superb Urb! Loving everything you have going on....that lacto bacillus doesnt necessarily need siphoned, I didnt with mine! I use it very frequently, I also used brown sugar as opposed to molasses! The recipe can be tweaked without troubles...I used only about a quarter of the solution it made, and still came out with over 3 quarts of pure lacto.

Then used the brown sugar to shelf stabilize! The other quart+ didnt even get brown sugar, just in a dark jar in the back of fridge until I need it! Its also really good for you personally, like maybe half a tbsp a day is all it takes. Real good for the gut they say :passitleft:

Looking superb Urb! Loving everything you have going on....that lacto bacillus doesnt necessarily need siphoned, I didnt with mine! I use it very frequently, I also used brown sugar as opposed to molasses! The recipe can be tweaked without troubles...I used only about a quarter of the solution it made, and still came out with over 3 quarts of pure lacto.

Then used the brown sugar to shelf stabilize! The other quart+ didnt even get brown sugar, just in a dark jar in the back of fridge until I need it! Its also really good for you personally, like maybe half a tbsp a day is all it takes. Real good for the gut they say :passitleft:

AHH thank you very much laquerhead. Just making use of the information provided by others. I still dont have a great understanding of how I will use the stabilized or unstabilized stuff. Spray it on my composting veggies, dilute and foliar, add as a soil drench?

What do you do with the curds?

AHH thank you very much laquerhead. Just making use of the information provided by others. I still dont have a great understanding of how I will use the stabilized or unstabilized stuff. Spray it on my composting veggies, dilute and foliar, add as a soil drench?

What do you do with the curds?
To be honest I just dumped the curds out on the ground outside :rolleyes:...I should have ate them or "fried" them like some do but I wasnt feeling it haha...if its stabilized or unstabilized it will work the same, just diluted a bit with the one.

I use it for everything! Maybe not so much as a foliar but definitely as a soil drench and compost accelerator!!!! It eats organic matter like no other...it can even be used to unclog drains, eating through the stuff like it was nothing!

If you happened to have a dead animal or something else absolutely awful smelling on the front porch one morning, you could mix the lacto at around 1-2 tbsp a gallon and spray that solution over whatever may be causing the smell, and 5 minutes later....you wouldnt know the difference! Its absolutely a good thing to have on hand

They say to dilute your final solution into something like 1,000% the total volume but I didnt even worry about it....I left it full strength. I still use it at recommended dosages and have never had a problem! I actually dont even measure it lol, I just pour what I think is a tbsp+ into a gallon or 2 and call it good...precision becomes a lost cause in organics usually! :passitleft:

Edit: I should also add, that the brown sugar will contain sugars (may be a more correct term) for your micro herd...but in all honesty, I have adapted Docs method of letting the herd use up the rocks as opposed to supplementing sugars! Ive seen either way work splendidly so the choice is all yours

Back
Top Bottom