ISEARCH's Broken Branch - Now Growing In Croutons 2014

ISEARCH56

FIRST I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE MEMBERS HOW REPLY. Thank you for your time and knowledge that you will be CONTRIBUTING. This is my first grow. I have made lots of mistakes. I'm very grateful to have been BLESSED by all the HELP I've received with my 3 plants that are in soil. My # 1 is a lady that i was to rough with her. More then once or twice. So now I have 3 broken branches. The first broken branch was a lower branch. I did not take pictures i was in a rush and wanted to saver her. "That was even before i fond out that #1 is a LADY.

I just made the 45 degree angle cut and put it in a ENSURE bottle with water PH at 5.6. I saw a guy put some cuttings in a regular water bottle with tap water and it rooted it took about 2-3 weeks. HEY I'M NEW AND LEARNING AS I GO. AND "I'M LOVING IT". I had an empty FOLGERS COFFEE CONTAINER so i covered it with black plastic bags and used a couple of rubber bands to hold the bag in places. I Got an air pump and made a 1 clone BUBBLER.. Then another branch broke. I put in the FOLGERS COFFEE CONTAINER "BUBBLER" for a day or two.I went to the dollar store got 2 "PLASTIC SHOE BOXES". I made a 11 SLOT BUBBLER. I hot glued the 2" air stones to the bottom of the inside of the PLASTIC SHOE BOX i made each slot 1 1/4 in.

100_3559.JPG
100_35772.JPG
100_36444.JPG
100_36451.JPG
100_37762.JPG

HERE'S THE SECOND BROKEN BRANCH
How do they look? Excuse me i'm in a bit of rush. Here's the pics.
100_37983.JPG
100_38024.JPG

HERE'S BOTH OF THEM IN THE FOLGERS COFFEE CONTAINER "BUBBLER"
100_38181.JPG
100_38642.JPG

HERE'S THE DIY SHOE BOX BUBBLER
100_39903.JPG
100_39923.JPG

100_39941.JPG
100_40002.JPG

When the 3rd branch broke off i made the 45 degree cut under running water. I put in the cutting in the bubbler and after a few hours the cutting looked good.
100_4112_00.JPG
100_41132.JPG
100_41142.JPG
100_41151.JPG
100_41161.JPG
100_41181.JPG

HERE'S THE 3RD BROKEN BRANCH ON THE SAME DAY

100_4147.JPG
100_41501.JPG
100_41591.JPG
100_41561.JPG
100_4161.JPG
100_41631.JPG
100_41851.JPG

I don't know what happened with the 3rd cutting it wilted. The stem was thinning and getting hallow/ mushy. I recut right where the stem became firm.The other two don't have any roots The stems got stuff growing on it but no roots.The PH is 5.8 I do have stems in the water. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME? Here's some pics
100_4487.JPG
100_44891.JPG
100_44921.JPG
100_4490.JPG

100_44951.JPG
100_4507.JPG

Thank you in ADVANCE

GREAT GREEN NEW YEAR TO ALL OF . . . . . . . :420:

I will continue this thread will a broken branch. . . :cheesygrinsmiley:
That I broke down into 10 cutting. . . . . . ;)

I've learned so much in the last 4 months. I'm still working on the first grow. Everything is getting easier and more manageable for me. Especially now that weed is growing in CROUTONS "GROW CUBES"
I will make an attempt to explain why I stop the bubbler. I was going to say that the bubbler didn't work. Well the bubbler worked it's just that the bubbler can't do it by it self. . . . :laugh: . . . :laugh:

BASICALLY I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING. . :hmmmm: . :hmmmm:
I HAD THE STEM IN THE WATER. . . . .:oops: . . . . TO ANYONE THAT IS GOING TO USE A BUBBLER.

This is what I was doing wrong. . . . :smokin:
I had the cuttings under the same lights as the the bigger plants. My lights where (12- 26 watts cfls + 1 clamp light with 2-26watts cfls in total 364 watts). I had no dome over the cuttings. I wasn't controlling the temp or the humidity.
I WOULD SUGGEST doing a search for "bubbler cloner" right here at . . . :420: . . . WeeD have numerous threads on the topic from "DIY BUBBLER OR AERO CLONERS" AND HOW TO MAINTENANCE YOUR CLONER. Goto youtube and watch some cloning videos so you can see how to trim the leaf tips and remove some growth. You want the air bubbles splashing water on the stems you don't want the stems submerged. The thicker the stem the longer it will take to root also you want a lot less light on your clones, you want them to focus on root growth not veg growth. One 15-20 watt daylight cfl will work fine "depending on how many clones you have". One light isn't going to work for 10 clones "THE CUTTINGS ARE NOT CLONES UNTIL THEIR ROOTED" If the stem is rotting then its probably sitting in the water which you don't want. You want the stem about an inch or two above the water. If the stem is rotting and you have enough length left on the stem trim the rotten section off and re-trim it at a angle then put a little slice in the end of the stem. After I started to get my cutting to root the air stone I hot glued to the bottom got loose and broke the the root of my last broken branch. I was using a pool noodle to hold the cutting in place. The noodle was letting the stem get wet. I WOULD SUGGEST. . . . :scratchinghead:
NEXT TIME I WILL BE USING A 2 INCH NET POT AND NEOPRENE COLLAR
. . . . ;)

post-704540-0-22242800-1381293301_thumb.jpg
post-704540-0-27983800-1381293305_thumb.jpg
post-704540-0-27469600-1381293313_thumb.jpg
post-704540-0-74215400-1381293300_thumb.jpg

MAYBE ONE DAY I'LL USE THE BUBBLER FOR NOW I'M GOING TO FOCUS ON MY "CROUTONS" . . . . :laugh: . . . :laugh:

:rollit: . . . . IF YOU GOT IT. . . :laugh: . . . . :Namaste:

:tommy: . . On 10-18-2013 I FOUND Mr. AfricanGrower . . . .:theband: . . . . :slide: . . . :tommy: . . . :yahoo:

:tokin: . . . HE WAS GROWING A SEEDLING IN "CROUTONS" . . . :thedoubletake: . . . :thedoubletake: . . :clap:. . . . :clap: . . . :hookah: . . :partyboy:

THE LINK TO THE JOURNALS THAT GOT ME . . . . :roorrip: . . . . :theband: . . . :rocker: . . .:blunt: . . . :goof:

LINK . . . . AfricanGrower's 1st Hydro Journal - Ebb&Flow - Bubblelicious 2013

:hmmmm: . . . :laugh: . . . :hmmmm: . . . . :headbanger: . . .:passitleft: . . . .. . . :clap: . . . :party: . . :clap: . . . . :whoa:

LINK . . . . TheCapn How to: Simple Hydroponics

GREAT GREEN NEW YEAR TO YOU Mr.AfricanGrower CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR HARVEST. . . . :bravo:
SIR, I WAS INSPIRED FROM PAGE 1. . . ;)
THOSE CROUTONS GOT ME CONVINCE ON PAGE 3 AFTER TheCapn BLESSED US WITH HIS KNOWLEDGE :rollit:
Mr.AfricanGrower :high-five: FOR SHARING YOUR GROW WITH :420: + REPS . . . :passitleft:

FOR MAKING IT LOOK EASY. . . . .:laugh: . . . . :laugh: . . . + MORE REPS FOR YOUR HARVEST . . . . :clap: . . :clap:

SIR I STARTED MY CROUTON GROW AND I'M LOVING IT . . . . :tokin:
MAY THIS HARVEST BE ONE OF MANY. . . . .:Namaste: (*_*) PS. REPS TO TheCapn
"Each One Teach One"

:welcome:. . . . GREAT GREEN NEW YEAR TO ALL OF THE VISITORS . . . . :thanks:

Ok Lets Start . . . . . :rollit:

What strain is it? Broken Branch From a Bag Seed “Linda”

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg

If in Veg... For how long? Cuttings Rooted On 12-15-13/12-16-13= 5 Weeks?

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor

Soil or Hydro? CROUTON “GROW CUBES”

I’M GROWING IN “THE BOX” 2 30 Gal Sterilite Storage Bins/ With 4 120mm CPU Fans

Size of light? 9/19 watt daylight cfls and 3/23 soft white 24/7

Temp of Room/cab? 76-82

RH of Room/cab? 36-62%

PH of media or res? 5.6-5.9

Any Pests ? Non that I know of

How often are you watering? 2 time a day

Type and strength of ferts used?

Advanced Nutrients
Jungle juice - - Micro, Grow, Bloom
Voodoo Juice
B-52
Super Thrive
Aquashield

THE CLONES HAVE BEEN ROOTED FOR 5 WEEKS. I'M USING Advanced Nutrients FIRST WEEK ON THE CHART 15mL OF EACH EXCEPT FOR THE B-52 "Cultivator SAID HE USES IT AT 2/3" THE CHART SAYS TO USE 60mL I USED 40mL . . . :cheesygrinsmiley:
the guardian angel at full dose, i cant stress how good this is for aeroclones, dwc and flood drain systems. really looks after roots. I put b-52 in at 2/3 strength.
THIS QUOTE WAS EDITED BY ME PLEASE VISIT . . :welcome: . . Mr. Cultivator's Journals there is great knowledge in it

ADVANCED_NUTRIENTS_CHART.JPG

HI RainStacks . . . . :thanks:for the likes + reps . . . . :cheesygrinsmiley:
GREEN EVENING . . . . :420: . . . . I CAN HONESTLY SAY I MISSED . . :rollit: . . UPDATING MY JOURNAL . . . . AND :reading420magazine:

RainStacks Yesterday after I fed #4 I started to attend to Linda and I noticed that the lower branch was barely attached to the main stem. It wasn't something that just happened overnight. As the branch was moved and tied down it was being pulled and slowly detaching. I saw the branch leaning when went to lift and straighten it there was a big space between the branch and the main stem. The branch was hanging by a few threads. . . . . :smokin: . . . . think , think I said to myself as I . . . . :roorrip: . . . . :idea: . . IN THE NAME OF LEARNING I GENTLY PULLED AND THE BRANCH CAME OFF . . . . :thedoubletake:

I watered Linda with 1 Liter of plain water PH at 6.7 and moved on . . . . ;)
100_5833.JPG

100_5834.JPG

100_5836.JPG

PS. PLEASE CHECKOUT Mr. RainStacks Journal HE BE GROWING CHRISTMAS TREE . . :laugh: . . :laugh:

LINK. . Perpetual Multi-Strain Indoor/Outdoor Grow

12-2-13 WAS Monday I will always remember that day I had a VISITOR I do not have many VISITORS . . :laugh:

Anywho I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING. . .:cheesygrinsmiley:

I JUST INTRODUCED Linda AND THE BROKEN BRANCH . . ;)

MY VISITOR SIMPLY SAID WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THAT? :scratchinghead:

I SAID " I'M NOT GOING TO THROW IT AWAY THAT'S FOR SURE . . :laugh: . . :laugh:

OK THE VISITOR SAID I WILL TRY TO HELP YOU BUT I CAN'T DO MUCH BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE. . . . THEN THE VISITOR STOPPED AND ASKED WHAT DO YOU HAVE I SIMPLY SMILED AND STARTED TO PULL OUT EVERYTHING THAT I HAD INVESTED IN . . :laugh: . . :laugh:
THE VISITOR JUST SMILED BACK AND MADE A CALL, HE SAID MY WIFE IS GOING TO PICKUP THE KIDS . . :cheesygrinsmiley:

FIRST THING WE DID WAS RUN THE COLD WATER IN THE TUB. HE SAID THAT I CAN KEEP CUTTINGS IN COLD WATER FOR UP TO 24 HOURS, YOU CAN EVEN PUT THEM IN THE REFRIGERATOR HE SAID IF I HAD TO IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY "A BROKEN BRANCH AND YOU DON'T HAVE CLONING STUFF". I FILLED A 5 GAL BUCKET MORE THEN HALF WAY WITH COLD TAP WATER. I ADJUSTED THE PH TO 6.5 THEN HE SUBMERGED THE BROKEN BRANCH 5 MIN LATER THE BRANCH WASN'T LOOKING AS WILTED. WE LOOKED AT THE BRANCH AND HE SAID, I WOULD NEVER TRY TO CLONE A BRANCH THIS BIG I SEE 4-5 NICE LITTLE BRANCHES THAT WILL HAVE A REAL GOOD CHANCE TO ROOT. I SAID OK, HE CUT THE BRANCH IN HALF AT THE AND HE HANDED ME 5 CUTTINGS THE TOP, THE BOTTOM AND A FEW IN BETWEEN. HE SAID PUT THE Grodan Rockwool Cubes (1.5 Inches) IN THE BUCKET WITH THE CUTTINGS AND PUT SOME ROOTING POWDER IN A LITTLE CUP USING IT OUT OF THE BOTTLE IS UNCOMFORTABLE. HE PREPARED 1 BY MAKING A 45 DEGREE ANGLE CUT AND THEN DIPPING THE STEM IN THE ROOTING POWDER. HE SAID TO DIP THE STEM THE LENGTH YOUR GOING TO STICK IN THE GROW CUBE. HE SAID PUT SOME WATER PH 6.5 ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PROPAGATOR FOR HUMIDITY AND THE CUTTINGS WILL START TO REACH FOR THE WATER SO MAKE SURE YOUR WATER PH IS 6.5 THEN HE BLESSED ME WITH SOME MORE INSTRUCTION "WITCH I DID NOT FOLLOW WORD FOR WORD I'LL GET TO THAT LATER", HE ASKED ME TO PREPARE 1 OF THE CUTTINGS MYSELF. I DID, HE SAID "AWESOME" I SEE YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF THIS VISIT IS OVER.

Don't feel badly, we have all snapped stems. After training they can get woodier and are more likely to snap, we have all learned this the hard way. Sometimes even if there is just a small amount connecting if you tape it up, they can heal. I have seen this happen a few times. You may want to use some hydrogen peroxide to clean the wound and prevent any type of infection. You can use Elmer's glue to seal the scar too.

:Namaste:

Reps To Mr. RainStackS . . . . :passitleft:

GREEN MORNING . . . . :420:

HI RainStacks . . . . :thanks: FOR THE KIND AND ENCOURAGING WORDS . . . . ;)
SOMETIMES HEARING WORDS LIKE "Don't feel badly, we have all snapped stems." MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE IN THE LEARNING PROCESS. RainStacks I HAVE USED MASKING TAPE TO BANDAGE Linda UP. . :laugh:
I DID NOT THROW THE BRANCH AWAY . . . . :laugh: . . . . CHECKOUT WHAT I DID . . . . :thedoubletake: . . . . :thedoubletake:
I BROKE THE BRANCH DOWN . . . . .:roorrip: . . . . :biglaugh:

100_5869.JPG

100_5861.JPG

100_5863.JPG

100_58651.JPG

100_58671.JPG

100_5868.JPG

100_5862.JPG

I WAS INSTRUCTED BY MY VISITOR TO TO PUT THE 5 CUTTINGS IN THE PROPAGATOR THEN INTO A BLACK PLASTIC BAG FOR 24 HOURS. THE CUTTINGS NEED COMPLETE IN DARKNESS SO, I PUT THE BLACK BAG IN THE CABINET FOR 24 HOURS. NOT BEFORE I PREPARE THE REST OF THE BRANCH THAT MY VISITOR FOUND UNWORTHY OF MY TIME AND SPACE IN THE PROPAGATOR . . :scratchinghead: . . :hmmmm: . . :laugh:

MY THOUGHTS WHERE I'LL LET THIS 5 UNWORTHY CUTTINGS ABSORB ALL OF THE BAD ENERGY . . :laugh: . . :laugh: ~!@#$%^&*()_+ WHAT IF THE UNWORTHY 5 BRING THE WORTHY 5 BAD ENERGY . . . :laugh: . . . :laugh:

I NEEDS NOT TO WORRY OF THAT THE . . . . :420: COMMUNITY WILL SEND US MANY GREEN AND VIBRANT WISHES/REGARDS . . . . . :circle-of-love:

WHAT A "~!@#$%^&*()_+" WONDERFUL COMMUNITY WEED ARE PART OF . . :adore: . . :adore: . . . :adore: . . :adore: . . . . :adore: . . :adore:. . .:adore: . . :adore: . . . . :adore: . . :adore: . .:420: . . . . :party:

I WAS TOLD TO TAKE THE DOME OF FOR 1 HOUR AFTER THE 24 HOURS THEN THE NEXT DAY FOR 2 HOURS AND SO ON, "I WAS OK WITH THAT BUT EVERYTHING READ SAID NOT TO DO THAT. I DID IT I FIGURED "HEY THIS DUDE HAS A FEW GROWS UNDER HIS GREEN THUMB" . . . . :laughtwo:

24sh HOURS LATER I TOOK THE BAG OUT AND OF THE THE PROPAGATOR. . . :rollit:

Looking good man, well done. One thing about the Elmers, try not to get it wet if you can. It can get gummy at the surface. Also with the clones, cut off more of the big fan leaves, you can cut them in half too. The plant needs roots to keep big leaves like that up. You are doing an awesome job. The plants are looking happier than ever! +reps

GREEN MORNING RainStacks . . . . :thanks: . . . . FOR THE REPS YOUR PART OF THE REASON MORALE STAYS :roorrip: . . HIGH . . :tokin: . . :laugh: . . :laugh:

RainStacks YOUR SO KIND ENOUGH TO CALL THEM CLONES . . :laugh:
YESTERDAY I TRIMMED THE FAN LEAVES AS YOU SUGGESTED. . . . ;)
MY OLD LADY TOLD ME THAT A HYDRO STORE OPENED 2.3 MILES FOR US . . . . :cheesygrinsmiley: . . :cheesygrinsmiley:
I'M GOING TO GET A SEEDLING HEAT MAT TO KEEP THE "CLONES'S ROOT ZONE WARM". . . ;)
TODAY'S CURRICULUM IS TOPPING . . :rollit: . . I'M GOING TO TOP Linda FOR THE FIRST TIME . . :bitingnails: . :bitingnails:
:circle-of-love: . . . ."IT'S THE FIRST TIME FOR BOTH OF US" . . :circle-of-love: . . . . :laugh: . . . . :laugh: . . :bitingnails:

WELL I FIGURE Lina HAS BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH THAT SHE'S PROVEN THAT SHE'S STRONG ENOUGH TO NOT LET ME KILL HER . . . . :laugh: . . . :biglaugh: . . . :rofl: . . :rofl:
I'LL TAKE BEFORE AND AFTER PICS. . . . . HERE'S YESTERDAY'S PICS

100_5887.JPG

100_58882.JPG

100_58902.JPG

100_58931.JPG

100_58991.JPG

100_59011.JPG

100_59031.JPG

MR. RainStacks . :high-five: + REPS . . . . :passitleft: . . . . FOR THE ATTENTION

THATS WHAT OUR SCHOOLS NEED TEACHER THAT WILL TAKE THE TIME TO TALK WITH THE STUDENTS ONE ON ONE TO PROPERLY GUIDE THEM AND FROM TIME TO TIME SAY WORLDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT TO INSPIRE GREATNESS . . . . :420:
MR. RainStacks THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE WITH ME. . . . :Namaste:

PS. I'M GOING TO TELL rICORICO THAT YOU GAVE ME PERMISSION TO USE SCISSORS . :laugh: . :biglaugh: . . :rofl: . . :rofl:

PLEASE CHECKOUT Mr. rICORICO's JOURNAL

LINK . . Ub 801

Looking good Isearch. Reps on a nice recovery for the girls and rainstacks reps for paying what you learn forward to help someone else out. Awesome community here.

PLEASE CHECKOUT Mr.shottafire' JOURNAL

LINK . . Shottafire Getting All Brix With It - Featuring Doc's Kit!

if your cuttings root do you plan to switch to flowering?

REPS . . . . :passitleft: . . . . TO KingJohnC

Hello and GREAT GREEN AFTERNOON TO YOU KingJohnC . . . :ciao:

WHEN THE CUTTINGS ROOT I WILL PUT SOME IN TO FLOWERING. NOT RIGHT AWAY I DON'T HAVE MORE LIGHTS!@#$%^&*()_+ . . . . . :tokin:

EXCUSE ME "I WILL PUT THEM IN TO FLOWERING AFTER I BUY LIGHTS TO USE FOR FLOWERING". . . :cheesygrinsmiley:

CULTIVATING POSITIVE THOUGHTS TO YIELD MY OWN REALITY !_!

SO NO I WILL VEG. FIRST FOR . . . . WHO KNOWS . . . :laugh: . . . :laugh: . . . . . :rollit: . . . . :rofl:

I THINK . . :laugh: . . I THINK . . . :laugh: . . .:laugh:. . :rofl: . . . . I THINK I'M HIGH . . . . NO, NO OR . . . . . :hmmmm:

IS IT THAT I'M THINKING THOUGHTS THAT ARE POSITIVE THEREFOR I'M IN HIGH SPIRITS . . :laugh: . . WAIT . . WAIT . . . . :scratchinghead:

I AM A HIGH SPIRIT. . . :biglaugh: . . . . :laugh: . . . . :rofl: OR . . . :thedoubletake:

IS IT THAT I AM A SPIRIT THAT IS HIGH. . . . :laugh: . . . . :rofl:

THE TRUTH OF MY REALITY IS THAT I AM A HIGH SPIRIT, THAT IS HIGH IN HIGH SPIRITS. . . . . :Namaste:

NO, NO, NO, NO, YOUR JUST SUPER, SUPER HIGH . . .. . . :rofl:

YES I GET HIGH AND YES I GO TO CLASS HIGH . . . .:420: . . . :reading420magazine: . . . . . :nomo: . . . . :geek: . . . . :idea:

MAYBE THATS WHY I'M ALWAYS A LATE Subscriber. . . . . :rofl: . . . :biglaugh: . . . . :rofl:

TO TOO HIGH . . :laugh: . . :laugh: . . CAN'T STOP LAUGHING . . :laugh: . . :rofl: . . . . :rofl: . . I NEED A FEW MINS

if your cuttings root do you plan to switch to flowering?

EXCUSE ME KJC for last post TO TOO HIGH . . . . :laugh:

Switching the cuttings to flower?
or
Switching Linda to flower?

KJC to be honest with you I don't know if I'm going to flower or veg the cuttings in the same growing medium I've been using.

The hydro store is a NO GO . . . . Oh well I just ordered a 15"X 11" seedling heat pad be here by the Wednesday. . . . :cheesygrinsmiley:

KJC I have a few Questions for you. . . . :cheesygrinsmiley:

Monday morning I put the cuttings in the dome and in the cabinet for 24 hours in complete darkness.

Right now I'm leaving the dome off for an hour a day.

How long should I leave the dome open or should I not take the dome off?

What should I do about lights for the cuttings? 18/6?

Should I use low watts to encourage the cutting to focus on root growth not veg growth?

KJC should I keep at least 15-20 watts to stop the stretching?
or

Can I put the cuttings with Linda And #4?

Would all my light be to much for the cutting?

I just took the dome of 5 min ago
100_60482.JPG

100_6047.JPG

KJC What would you do?

PLEASE CHECKOUT THE KING's JOURNAL
LINK . .
KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal

EDIT I HAD A VISIT BY MY VISITOR . .HE SAID . . :laugh: . . . . :laugh: . . . . DUDE I TOLD YOU TO KEEP THE BOTTOM OF THE PROPAGATOR WET WITH WATER PH AT 6.5 AND LEAVE THE LIGHTS ON 24/7 AND YOU WILL GET SOME ROOTED IN 7-10 DAYS . . . .:yahoo: . . . . BUT YOU DIDN'T FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS SO THINK OF IT AS 7-10 DAYS AFTER YOU DO THINGS THE WAY I DO THEM . . . :oops:

when i asked if your cuttings root if you will switch to flowering i was referring to flowering your larger plant. I would leave the dome on your cuttings until you have them rooted into clones. I would keep your cuttings under 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness under compact florescent lights until they are rooted into clones. Cuttings do not require high intensity lighting to root. When you notice roots coming from your rockwool you should begin to harden the clones to a lesser humidity air as your ambient room air slowly by either opening vents in the dome or removing the dome for larger periods of time.

green evening kjc . . . :thanks:

Yes i will be switching linda to flowering and #4 later on. I'm thinking . . . . Wait last time i was . . :rollit: Thinking i had a laughing meditation . . . :laugh:
Back on top i'm thinking about getting a tent that i can put a 400w maybe a 600w air cooled something :cheesygrinsmiley: I started on some old shooting from the hip . . . . :laugh:

When is it a good time to start growing? :scratchinghead:

As soon as you have 40 dollars and some "bag seeds, rockwool cubes, ph test kit. . . . . And most importantly the will to start. . . . . . :laugh: . .:biglaugh: . . :rofl:

Wow, thats what happens after . . :bongrip: . . Kjc i have to figuer out what i can do, before spending money :cheesygrinsmiley:

I haven't made any investment over 20 dollars at one time besides the an nutes. Just little add-ons.

Kjc to be honest with you i just "needed a win" an eb, "ego buster" . Even if its a pyrrhic one right

now:hmmmm: At times i think i should invest in . . . . :hmmmm: . . . :scratchinghead:

I think it was the the capn that said "growing is 10% equipment and 90% growr". . . . So i most plan on how am i going to invest in my future. . :tokin:

Thats a decition i most make by christmas. . . . :laugh: . . . . :rofl:

When i think about christmas i . :drool: . . :biglaugh: . . Thinking about mr.rainstacks's christmas tree farm:laugh::biglaugh::rofl:

I'm high again . . . . :rofl: . . . :rofl:

Kjc if ii may bother you for some shoping tips . . . . :cheesygrinsmiley:

In your opinion what's a decent size tent for flowering 4 plants?

I have t think about the future. . . :cheesygrinsmiley:

more reps . .:passitleft: . . For KJC

the size of tent you require all depends on how large of harvest you want. personally I would place 4 plant in a 5'x5' or 6'x6' tent and use a 1000 watt High Intensity Discharge light or LED lights and grow large plants that I would get a large harvest from. I flower in 5 gallon size pots.

:thanks: . . . . KJC

I'm thinking 2 plant in a 5'x5' or 6'x6' tent and use a 600 watt to start with. . . :cheesygrinsmiley:

Linda and #4 are in 3 gallon size pots, I'm going to flower in 5 gallon pot.

Should I wait 1 or 2 afte poting up before I can put them into fowering ?

Your prefer HID over HPS?

KJC if i get a 1000 watt can I turn it down to a 600 watt or a 400 watt?

Whats your opinion on 1000 Watt HPS + MH Digital Grow Light W/ 6" Air Cooled Hood/digital dimmable electronic ballast. 50% 75% 100% power level?

KJC what's dimmable the ballast or the bulb?

KJC THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME . . . . . . . . . . . .:Namaste:

Looking great IS! Your posts always make me smile. You are a very creative guy! Only thing I can add is, when you are using wire to train, make sure you dont pin any fan leaves upside down. They pretty much only photosynthesize face up. It sounds like you have a very solid plan for the grow!

My choice of equipment would be a 1000 watt Digital Dimable Ballast. Some Digital Dimable Ballasts use an overdrive feature called the Super Lumen setting over driving the light bulbs by 10% this is within tolerance. The Digital Dimable Ballasts are capable of being dimmed to 75%, 50% or less. I use Lumatek Digital Dimable Ballasts that have a 3 year warranty. I also use Cooltubes with inline 400 CFM fans to keep my grow area temperatures reasonable. A HID is a High Intensity Discharge ballast that uses either Metal Halide or High Pressure Sodium light bulbs. I use a Metal Halide light bulb for vegetative growth and a High Pressure Sodium light bulb for flowering. I would wait a couple of weeks after transplanting to 5 gallon pots for the roots to establish themselves before switching your plants to flowering.

this is where i bought my ballasts, they will price match most items if you ask for it

Lumatek Air Cooled Ballast

here is the type of cooltube I use, you may also require a lamp cord kit to hook up the cooltube to the ballast

Ultragrow Cool Tube Reflector 6"

6 inch inline fan

Active Air Inline Fans

here is the place I bought my light bulbs from

https://www.1000bulbs.com

here is another place I have ordered equipment from

https://www.horticulturesource.com

here are a couple of forum sponsors that may have a package deal

https://www.perfectgardens.com

https://www.accesshydroponic.com

you may also want to look into LED lights from some of the forum sponsors

Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

Thank You KJC more reps for you sir . . . . :passitleft:

Thank you for all those Reputation points! Your plants would grow much better with an 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness lighting schedule. I read a study where lighting schedule versus roots length was measured. Plants grown under 16/8 grew the longest roots, 18/6 was not tested. I was made aware of a study where lighting schedule versus growth was tested and plant given at least 5.5 hours of darkness grew the most.

GREAT GREEN MORNING TO YOU SIR . . . . :thanks:

KJC TO ME THAT'S WHY YOUR "THE KING OF THE KING" AT LEAST IN MY JOURNAL . . . . :Namaste:

WILL I HURT THEM IF I PUT THE CLONES IN A 18/6 SCHEDULE?

WOULD THE SWITCH TURN THEM IN TO MALES?

GREAT GREEN AFTERNOON TO ALL AT :420:

KJC . . :thanks: . . for your time and the shoping tips. . . . :high-five: + REPS :passitleft: FOR YOUR TIME

How do Digital Dimable Ballasts work?
Does it use less watts (electricity) when dimed 75% and 50%?
If so 1 bulb would work as a 500 Watt and 1000 watts?
KJC do you use a 1000 watt for vegatative grow?

:thanks: . . TO ALL THE STAFF AT . . . . :420: . . . . FOR YOUR COMMITMENT TO CREATING CANNABIS AWARENESS . . . . :Namaste:

GREAT GREEN AFTERNOON TO ALL OF :420:

EXCUSE ME, SIR IF YOU . . . . :thedoubletake: . . . YEAH YOU . . . :laugh:

I'M TALKING TO YOU, YES, YES! YOU SIR. . .;)

:welcome: . . YOU MAY VOICE YOUR OPINIONS. . . . . RIGHT HERE SIR . . . ;) . . . :biglaugh:

I KNOW THE QUETIONS WHERE FOR KJC

I'M NOT ASKING YOU OR ANYONE ELES TO ANSWER FOR THE 1 AND ONLY KING OF KJC . . . . :rofl:. . . . :rofl:

OH BOY . . :thedoubletake: . . MY FAVORITE . . . . . :rollit: . . . .PLEASE SIR IF I MAY, SIR YES YOU MAY . . . .:roorrip:

I'M I DOING TO MUCH?

SOME OF THE LEAVES ARE TURNING YELLOW AND NO SINGS OF ROOTS YET. TODAY IS THE 13th DAY IT'S

100_60922.JPG

100_60861.JPG

100_60951.JPG

100_60972.JPG

100_61021.JPG

THANKS TO ALL GREEN GOODNESS I AM HIGH AGAIN . . . . :rofl: . . :rofl: . . . :Namaste:
. . . . . . . . :rollit:

MR. RainStacks . . :thanks: . . . FOR THE ADVICE AND CHECKING UP ON THE PROGRESSION WEED ARE MAKING.
:Namaste:

THE WATER AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TRAY IS FROM ME SPAYING A LITTLE WATER SO IT STAY HUMID.

I REMOVED THE BLACK OR SHRIVELED LEAVES THAT YOU SEE IN THE PICS.

WHAT COULD OF CAUSED IT?

THE HUMIDITY OR HEAT?

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE YELLOW LEAVES. I KNOW . . . . .WELL I KNOW, THAT I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING.

"YOU CAN NOT FILL UP A CUP THAT IS ALREADY FILLED" .

IS THE YELLOWING OF THE LEAVES A SIGN THAT THE CUTTING IS TRYING TO OR STARTING TO ROOT?

100_61091.JPG

100_61101.JPG

100_6112.JPG

:thanks: . . . . FOR THE VISIT . . . . MY GREENNESS REGARDS TO ALL OF :420: . . . . :Namaste: . . . . SMOKE IT IF YOU GOT IT . .:roorrip: . . :biglaugh:

My Lumatek Digital Dimable ballasts do use less energy when they are dimmed as do some other brands. Ballasts and Light bulbs should be matched for their maximum wattage (400 watt bulb matched to 400 watt ballast, 1000 watt bulb matched to 1000 watt ballast). the same 400 watt or 1000 watt light bulb can be dimmed. I currently use my 400 watt Metal Halide light bulb and ballast for vegetative growth but have used a 1000 watt Metal Halide and ballast for vegetative growth. leaves yellowing in cuttings before they are rooted signify the leaves are using more nitrogen then is being absorbed which is normal.

. . . . . :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom