Island Grow - 2015

Hello,

Thirty + years ago, I grew small amounts for a couple years. Today I'm looking to grow some high quality medication only. I went without for 20+years, only to learn that quality cannabis is the only thing that controls my migraines. I've been using medicinally for a bit over 2 years.

Seeds used: Molokai bagseed ... 1 large bud in a 2+ oz bag was fully seeded. The bud had 50+ seeds. Flowers were strong and a bit prematurely harvested. These are the seeds used. Flowers were Indica dominant hybrid (I think). I started two, seed to soil on 7/19 and 11 more on 7/26. I would like to see seven nice, healthy ladies. All were started in good planting soil. I just bought fox farm ocean and will start repotting.

What I don't know, and would like to; will I get some decent veg time here? I would hope to see veg until mid/late Sept.? what I read suggests that will go straight to flower soon? All suggestions are greatly appreciated. Do these seem stunted?
photo_3419.jpg
photo_2511.jpg
photo_1579.jpg

Mahalo

Re: Island Grow... August Start

First.... Subbed, watching and learning.

Do you know what day they sprouted? They might be a little stunted if they didn't take a few days to sprout but they are not too far behind either way. That said, they look healthy. They shouldn't flower until they are sexually mature which should take a couple weeks to a month, many people veg for a short time like that and get a decent yield. I think the number of plants you planted will contribute most of the yield. Good luck!

Do you know what day they sprouted? They might be a little stunted if they didn't take a few days to sprout but they are not too far behind either way. That said, they look healthy. They shouldn't flower until they are sexually mature which should take a couple weeks to a month, many people veg for a short time like that and get a decent yield. I think the number of plants you planted will contribute most of the yield. Good luck!

Like 5 to 8 days to stand up. 1 will not open (lft in btm pic) , only the two start leaves, forget what they are called. Should I dump it?
\

maybe some membrane stuck on it get a spray bottle wet it once in awhile and let the plant push its way through it
long days of summer in our hemisphere is going down it will still veg for awhile they are babies you can put em under 12/12 they will still
veg a bit before bloom
welcome to journaling on 420 mag :thumb:
lots people to help here and they don't mind helping good grow to ya

I wasn't sure I was going to grow anything. I dropped two seeds in the planter with my parsley, and they popped, tried some more a week later in a fresh pot, almost all seeds sprouted. I figured they wanted to grow. I did not count the days until sprout. Funny, the entire second batch seemed a bit deformed at first. Do wish that I planted in starter cups so I didn't have to mess with so young. Re-potted all but the first two last night in fox farm ocean. They look good today. Should I add anything else?

Mahalo Chronichemphog. I appreciate the feedback and response. Will pot the last two when they dry out a bit more. Last pics for now. Not so interesting at this size. Will update again in 7/10 days.
8_9_11.jpg
8_9_2.jpg

8_11_3.jpg
8_11_2.jpg
8_11_1.jpg

I made a little blind / work area today. I’m in a residential area, neighbors are cool. Just better they don’t see from upstairs. Everything looks good, all the sprouts look similar, I think that’s a good thing. Maybe real good seeds for local, flowers were impressive. My concern is that I wont get veg time? Sorry so many pics.
I need to find a good vine to grow on the lattice.
Aloha

A few of these starts seem to have a some genetic mutations. Most noticeable is the one pictured. Self topped without a cut. Stalks seem to begin again from the fan leaves. Sorry, my camera sucks

DSC022277.JPG
DSC022246.JPG
DSC022237.JPG

my last holy grail kush had buds growing off some of the leaf stems right where the stem meets the leaf

Here are a few pics from today. All are starting to show real growth. Funny a few had mutations at around 2nd or 3rd node, essentially self topping. A couple of the plants leaves have a yellowed burned look, I think its water splashed from veggies, peppers above. Is this anything to worry about?
My neighbor indicated that I had to reduce to 7. In order to see, he would have had to suspect, then come back and look. Not happy. Should probably reduce to the 7 best and tag. I was hoping for sex first, and 7 ladies. Any early indicators I should look for?
Any Idea by looking what these could be or what is dominant? Sorry for so many questions.
Mahalo

8_20_3.jpg
8_20_21.jpg
8_20_11.jpg

Generally the fatter the leaves the more indica leaning, the skinnier the leaves the more sativa. Yours look somewhere in between, probably a sativa dominate; considering the leaves aren't super wide. But they aren't that big yet, so probably too early to decide.

I haven't grown anything in a long time. I like it, it's rewarding. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places? I don't see much that is outdoor specific.
I know I repeat myself. Just concerned that these are going to turn now, it would be a shame to have wasted seeds, soil, and time for plants that won't yield more than a few flowers each. I forget what kind of growth I can expect once sex shows? Don't they go through a good vegetation/growth spurt after, or at pre-flower? I am hoping plants can go another month before Pre. Any thoughts? Thanks

Thank you to those following. I am pleased with the progress of these seedlings; it doesn't appear to be typical bag-seed, all could have been genetically different. To me, these look the same, displaying the same quirky shit. These really do want to grow; hopefully, into fine young ladies. I have topped most and have tied a few.

I would like to use nutrients and have fox farm BB @ GB and have used at 100% for BB and 70% GB. We have been having rain, whenever I have fed, rain washes it out. Should I keep feeding/watering, even if soil (ff) is never 100% dry? Soil is FF and is well draining, as soon as they start to get dry, we get rain. Do I need to move to cover to get dry? I wouldn't think so.
DSC0224815.JPG
DSC022446.JPG
DSC022477.JPG
DSC022434.JPG
DSC022456.JPG
DSC022446.JPG

Do any island characteristics stand out? Any tips? Mahalos

Back
Top Bottom