Island Sweet Skunk & Pineapple Express #2

H2OCOGROW

Well, it has been a week and a half since my seeds popped and I think it is time to move them from the incubator to the net pot lids. For this, I want to get a journal going from the get-go and document the grow in its entirety.

Here are the genetics I will be cultivating:

G13 Labs -- Pineapple Express #2 (Pineapple Express x Skunk)
  • photoperiod
  • indica dominant
  • Recommended 45-50 days of flowering time
Although I have heard and read negative things about G13 Labs as a breeder, I figured I would give it a try and see for myself. It was a freebie from Attitude Seed Bank, so I don't have much to lose.

Next Generation Seeds -- Island Sweet Skunk
  • photoperiod
  • sativa dominant
  • Recommended 63 - 77 days of flowering time
Every time I have purchased this strain in the stores, I am never disappointed. It is definitely in my top five favorites. As far as Next Generation Seeds goes as a breeder, I know very little.

I have always used Botanicare and I have certainly never been disappointed. Recently, I switched to a Botanicare line that is only made of organic ingredients. Many growers out there will say hydroponics can never be organic, and I understand the reasoning behind it. However, by using an organic nutrient line, I believe I have the best of both worlds -- the fast growth rate of hydroponics and the quality of grow and smoke of organics. I am definitely open to further discussion about hydroponics and organics.

Nutrients:

• Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow
  • Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom
  • Botanicare Liquid Karma
  • Botanicare Pure Blend Tea
  • General Organics Cal Mag Plus

I stopped using Botanicare's Cal-Mag because of the ingredients used. I read great reviews about the GO line and I have had no Calcium or Magnesium issues since switching. I began using the Botanicare line by following their suggested nutrient schedule. When I began getting into TDS, I soon found that their schedule is a bit watered down (it still is a great schedule, I have done many grows following it). I researched a few different cannabis TDS schedules that correlate to each growth phase. Since using a TDS meter, I have never had a burn and I can't help but think that you are maximizing the plants potential by following TDS. I will update more on TDS as it is relevant.

The seeds were germinated on 10/10/16 in an incubator that is a constant 80 degrees Fahrenheit at 99% humidity. The seedlings are now under a 4 bulb T5 light (24/7) and have only been watered with tap water (100 - 150 pm). The following photos are from today.

IMG_319512.JPG

IMG_319616.JPG

IMG_319715.JPG

When preparing for the transplant, I always boil my hydroton first to remove any bacteria or contaminents from the previous grow.

IMG_319914.JPG

Reservoirs are almost completely full with water at 140 ppm @ 5.9 pH. There is one air stone in each reservoir. A second air stone will be added to each in a few weeks.

IMG_320016.JPG

IMG_320116.JPG

It is important that your cubes are covered completely by hydroton so that algae does not begin to form on them. If algae does form, it could stunt the initial growth of the plant.

IMG_320315.JPG

24" 4 bulb T5 almost 7" above net pot lid. It will be left on 24/7.

IMG_320514.JPG

Island Sweet Skunk on the left / Pineapple Express #2 on the right.

IMG_320413.JPG

Let me know what you all think!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom