IslandGrower420: Black Domina, Blue Gelato 41, Corleone Kush, Ghost Train Haze #1, Green Crack, In DWC

IslandGrow420

Tent 1:
5x5 Secret Jardin
DIY RDWC system
1000w HPS with Phantom 2 ballast
Black Domina & Blue Gelato 41

Tent 2:
4x4 Vivosun
DWC
400w HPS with magnetic ballast + California Lightworks SS 550 LED
Ghost Train Haze #1, Corleone Kush, Green Crack

Nute Lineup:
GH Flora Nova
GH Flora Blend
GH Flora Nectar
Dyna-Grow ProTekt Silica
Botanicare Calmag+
FulPower fulvic acid
Terpinator
Mammoth P

Roots:
Hydroguard
Hygrozyme

The four Black Doms (clone from Barcelona bag seed) I put in the RDWC are different sizes. Two were getting big and bushy, and the other two were several weeks younger and not as big. It was a good thing to have two smaller ones as the bigger ones were too big. Four of the big ones would have been a struggle to fit! This clone grows awesome, indica like, the roots are always huge balls of whiteness and it is healthy and strong.

The one Blue Gelato 41 (Barney's Farm) I put into a stand alone DWC bucket in the front right corner. I'm doing a test run on this cut to see what it grows like. It was the same age as the two big Black Doms but it was half the size. It grew pretty short and bushy. I'm not sure if this was a product of the spectrum of light I was using and it was more sensitive than the BD?

I didn't take many pics while in veg as the journal was a last minute decision. Below is one from about 3 weeks ago in my veg tent under the LED. The ones on the left and in centre are BD & BG41.

IMG_5622 - Copy.JPG

I usually run scrog method, so I scrogged the BD and BG41 yesterday. The BD was a great plant to scrog. They held up really well even after snapping branches etc. and they have recovered already and are growing upwards. When I scrog the green crack it usually takes a week to recover! The BG41 was pretty short so I didn't have to supercrop that aggressively.

I left a lot of the big fan leaves underneath as they still get light and to mitigate shock - I'll prob defoliate a bit once the canopy grows to improve the air flow. I'm going to let these girls grow for 7-10 days and then flip them.
The Ghost Train Haze #1, Corleone Kush, and Green Crack still have a few more weeks in veg before the scrog. I'll takes pics next week when they are bigger and before I scrog them.

I did a test run of the BD and cut it down a few days ago. I took these pics 14 days ago.

Happy growing!

Hey ganja peeps,

It's been a week since I scrogged the Black Domina and Blue Gelato 41. Not much to report, they are all growing nicely and filling out the trellis. I forgot to mention that last week I ran the light at 600w, and yesterday I turned it up to 750w to get some more growth going. I have the ppm's at 550-600 and ph fluctuates between 5.5-6.4. I'll do a res change this wednesday to switch to the bloom nutes, to get them ready for the flip this weekend.

The canopy is approx 6 inches above the trellis now. The middle of the canopy is a little low because I am stretching out the growth to fill the middle square, which was empty. I'm sure the middle will catch up height wise as it gets the best light.
I set up a second trellis 1 foot above the first one to support the hopefully huge frosty colas. It's not as sturdy as the lower trellis and I only use it for support.

I've got the green crack (back left) and corleone kush (front left) at a good size to scrog, but I am waiting for the Ghost Train (front right) to grow a bit taller. I'll prob scrog them this weekend. I finally remembered the use the LED's "view" feature which only uses white light, when taking pics!

I also forgot to mention where the seeds are from:-
Black Domina: Bag seed from Barcelona dispensary
Blue Gelato 41: Barney's Farm
Corleone Kush: The Cali Connection
Ghost Train Haze #1: Rare Dankness
Green Crack: Crop King Seeds

I've got a closet set up (with a cheap 250w LED) for clones once I start flowering in my 4x4 veg tent. I'm going to take 4 black domina clones (perpetual grow for the 5x5 tent), 1 green crack, and 1 ghost train. I don't want to keep the corleone kush anymore, plus I have more seeds of it anyway. I also have a Strawberry Banana (back right), an OG #18 middle right, and a Sour Tangie in the small cloner (all from DNA genetics) that I want to test run. My closet runneth over!

That's it for now. I've got a lot of work to do in the garden this weekend so will post pics on monday of both tents. Laters.

Tent 1:
5x5 Secret Jardin
DIY RDWC system
1000w HPS with Phantom 2 ballast
Black Domina & Blue Gelato 41

Tent 2:
4x4 Vivosun
DWC
400w HPS with magnetic ballast + California Lightworks SS 550 LED
Ghost Train Haze #1, Corleone Kush, Green Crack

Nute Lineup:
GH Flora Nova
GH Flora Blend
GH Flora Nectar
Dyna-Grow ProTekt Silica
Botanicare Calmag+
FulPower fulvic acid
Terpinator
Mammoth P

Roots:
Hydroguard
Hygrozyme

The four Black Doms (clone from Barcelona bag seed) I put in the RDWC are different sizes. Two were getting big and bushy, and the other two were several weeks younger and not as big. It was a good thing to have two smaller ones as the bigger ones were too big. Four of the big ones would have been a struggle to fit! This clone grows awesome, indica like, the roots are always huge balls of whiteness and it is healthy and strong.

The one Blue Gelato 41 (Barney's Farm) I put into a stand alone DWC bucket in the front right corner. I'm doing a test run on this cut to see what it grows like. It was the same age as the two big Black Doms but it was half the size. It grew pretty short and bushy. I'm not sure if this was a product of the spectrum of light I was using and it was more sensitive than the BD?

I didn't take many pics while in veg as the journal was a last minute decision. Below is one from about 3 weeks ago in my veg tent under the LED. The ones on the left and in centre are BD & BG41.

IMG_5622 - Copy.JPG

I usually run scrog method, so I scrogged the BD and BG41 yesterday. The BD was a great plant to scrog. They held up really well even after snapping branches etc. and they have recovered already and are growing upwards. When I scrog the green crack it usually takes a week to recover! The BG41 was pretty short so I didn't have to supercrop that aggressively.

I left a lot of the big fan leaves underneath as they still get light and to mitigate shock - I'll prob defoliate a bit once the canopy grows to improve the air flow. I'm going to let these girls grow for 7-10 days and then flip them.
The Ghost Train Haze #1, Corleone Kush, and Green Crack still have a few more weeks in veg before the scrog. I'll takes pics next week when they are bigger and before I scrog them.

I did a test run of the BD and cut it down a few days ago. I took these pics 14 days ago.

Happy growing!
some nice genetics going on there Islandgrow. love the colours

ok, work done!

Week 1 Flower:
I did the res changes on thursday in both tents to switch to the bloom nute lineup, got the ppm at circa 600 and ph at 6.2. I still have the hps light set at 750 watts. The canopy was 8-10 inches above the trellis so I changed to 12/12 on Saturday.

I did work on thursday.....i scrogged the green crack, corleone kush, and ghost train haze #1 in the 4x4 tent. I also threw in the small OG #18 and strawberry banana in as well.

By saturday the plants had recovered well and were growing up nicely, so i flipped them to 12/12 as well. I've got the LED set to 100% red, 100% white, 50% blue, I'm going to leave it like that for at least the first week as the GC and CK stretch a lot, I'm assuming the GTH will as well. I'll throw the 400w HPS in at the start of week 4 to add to the 400w LED.

That's about all for now. happy holidays everyone. smoke that mistletoe.

ok, work done!

Week 1 Flower:
I did the res changes on thursday in both tents to switch to the bloom nute lineup, got the ppm at circa 600 and ph at 6.2. I still have the hps light set at 750 watts. The canopy was 8-10 inches above the trellis so I changed to 12/12 on Saturday.

I did work on thursday.....i scrogged the green crack, corleone kush, and ghost train haze #1 in the 4x4 tent. I also threw in the small OG #18 and strawberry banana in as well.

By saturday the plants had recovered well and were growing up nicely, so i flipped them to 12/12 as well. I've got the LED set to 100% red, 100% white, 50% blue, I'm going to leave it like that for at least the first week as the GC and CK stretch a lot, I'm assuming the GTH will as well. I'll throw the 400w HPS in at the start of week 4 to add to the 400w LED.

That's about all for now. happy holidays everyone. smoke that mistletoe.
looking good for a bud forest islandgrow. looks like its going to be a good harvest.
Have a great Christmas and a prosperous 2019

Season's Greetings ganja farmers!

Start of Week 2 Flower (day 9):

Everything is still ticking along nicely in the 5x5 tent. Got the ppm's at 600-650 right now. I'm not really doing much at the moment, just trying to keep the canopy even, especially in the middle. The back left part is getting a bit unruly but nothing I can do about that as that is the only section I can't reach. The canopy has reached the 2nd trellis and in areas it has grown threw it...like around the edges which I don't mind too much. I've turned the hps back down to 600w to slow the stretch down a bit, as I only want the canopy to grow another 10 inches maximum so it is at least 24 inches below the hps. I prob could have cut down the 12 days of veg growth after i scrogged them, as they are stretching more than i expected. Next grow I'm going to get a 1000w metal halide bulb to run in the 5x5 tent for the first few weeks (at 600w!) to slow the stretch down. I'm pretty sure by week 3 the canopy height will be higher than I want lol.

Same goodness in the 4x4. Canopy is a little more uneven as I have all different strains in this tent. The strawberry banana in the front right is stretching a ton. So is the green crack in back left but I knew it would. The smell out of this tent is dank already and there are no buds...not sure what is putting of the smell...I think it could be the ghost train haze at front left. I can't wait to see what the GTH is like, I'm hoping for some serious chron. Curious to see how the OG 18 and SB test runs turn out as well...I'm searching for some new keepers.

That's all for now. Have a great NYE and hopefully 2019 brings everyone a prosperous garden!!

Season's Greetings ganja farmers!

Start of Week 2 Flower (day 9):

Everything is still ticking along nicely in the 5x5 tent. Got the ppm's at 600-650 right now. I'm not really doing much at the moment, just trying to keep the canopy even, especially in the middle. The back left part is getting a bit unruly but nothing I can do about that as that is the only section I can't reach. The canopy has reached the 2nd trellis and in areas it has grown threw it...like around the edges which I don't mind too much. I've turned the hps back down to 600w to slow the stretch down a bit, as I only want the canopy to grow another 10 inches maximum so it is at least 24 inches below the hps. I prob could have cut down the 12 days of veg growth after i scrogged them, as they are stretching more than i expected. Next grow I'm going to get a 1000w metal halide bulb to run in the 5x5 tent for the first few weeks (at 600w!) to slow the stretch down. I'm pretty sure by week 3 the canopy height will be higher than I want lol.

Same goodness in the 4x4. Canopy is a little more uneven as I have all different strains in this tent. The strawberry banana in the front right is stretching a ton. So is the green crack in back left but I knew it would. The smell out of this tent is dank already and there are no buds...not sure what is putting of the smell...I think it could be the ghost train haze at front left. I can't wait to see what the GTH is like, I'm hoping for some serious chron. Curious to see how the OG 18 and SB test runs turn out as well...I'm searching for some new keepers.

That's all for now. Have a great NYE and hopefully 2019 brings everyone a prosperous garden!!
wow Islandgrow420. looks lime your hands are well full , and your tent !!. best get the leotard on for the big wrestling match ahead.heehee.
how satisfying it is to look over the canopy and see the varieties and potential bud city that will develop.
great work and shows the ppm lower than 800 has positive effect too. inspiring grow and great update.

thanks GGD, I'm planning on doing a little wrestling tomorrow actually. I'm going to defoliate a lot of the fan leaves in both tents, but especially in the 5x5, to get some light penetration down to the 1st trellis. I know defoliating is shunned by many, but I have been experimenting with it for a few years now, and unless I thin the canopy out a bit, I will get larf down by the 1st trellis. I'll take before and after pics of the defoliating so as to invoke the most possible wrath from non practicing defoliators...

I'm going to slowly raise the ppm as well so that they are at 700-750 by the end of week 3. Week 4 is when major bud growth starts so I will gradually be adding some bloom booster into the mix

I'm most excited to bud the GTH, StrawBan, and OG 18 to see what they are like! oh, and to see the sea of bud forming over the black dom canopy in the 5x5!

thanks GGD, I'm planning on doing a little wrestling tomorrow actually. I'm going to defoliate a lot of the fan leaves in both tents, but especially in the 5x5, to get some light penetration down to the 1st trellis. I know defoliating is shunned by many, but I have been experimenting with it for a few years now, and unless I thin the canopy out a bit, I will get larf down by the 1st trellis. I'll take before and after pics of the defoliating so as to invoke the most possible wrath from non practicing defoliators...

I'm going to slowly raise the ppm as well so that they are at 700-750 by the end of week 3. Week 4 is when major bud growth starts so I will gradually be adding some bloom booster into the mix

I'm most excited to bud the GTH, StrawBan, and OG 18 to see what they are like! oh, and to see the sea of bud forming over the black dom canopy in the 5x5!
love it . and am with you on defloliation too. had great results in a few previous grows too with it. once the canopy gets its set height it is something i do gradually now , as i notice darkness within it. my Liberty and laughing buddha are in desperate need of stripping out but time running out to do it safely. i have my own way with drying , flushing too but know it draws wrinkled brows .lol
I dont think you can cure Hay to its original terp so drying too fast and chopping her up . Not allowing all those processes to continue until bone dry , is sacrilege to their attempts to keep her buds sweet and vital. you are a pro and get amazing results, how can you have it wrong ??

Thanks for the vote of confidence GGD...I'm hoping what I did to the Black Domina and Blue Gelato 41 wasn't wrong lol! I've never grown either strain before (except for a small test run of the BD under a diff light) so I'm hoping the defoliation didn't hurt them, cuz I went in hard. It was probably one of the most aggressive sessions I've ever done. pics to follow....

Wassup growers and smokers!

Week 3 Flower (day 18):

Everthing is looking great. The only real news is the defoliation I did on Saturday (day 15) to both tents.
5x5 tent:- I've never properly grown the black domina and first time for the blue gelato 41, so I'm not sure how they will react to the leaf stripping. I went in pretty aggressive but where I could tuck leaves I did. I stripped of as many of the larger fan leaves that I could reach, the tops at the very back of the tent escaped...I needed gogo gadget arms ( sorry to anyone born after 1980 but you prob won't get the inspector gadget ref).

I took this pic after I had started to defoliate the BG41 at the front right of the tent.
After the first session
this is from yesterday - I've been doing some light picking since saturday to remove any fans I missed. I left all new growing leaves alone

Its hard to see from the pics just how much I stripped, video would give a better view....

4x4 tent:- I've grown the green crack and corleone kush before, they are very stretchy and you don't have to go crazy on the leaf strip. I took it easy on the ghost train haze #1 as well as it's my first time growing this strain. I hardly touched the strawberry banana and og #18 either.

before pic
after pic, but dumbass forgot to put the led on view mode cuz he was stoned
pics from yesterday
more light getting to the bottom trellis now

I'm going to be increasing the ppm's so that they are at 700 by the end of week 3 (day 21), which is saturday. Then I'm considering doing a res change. For the last few runs I've done a full flower cycle without a res change until the flush period....so 7+ weeks and the bud turned out great. It'll be 4 weeks on saturday since the last res change, and another 4 weeks before I think I'll be flushing, so I'm going change the res every 4 weeks during this flower cycle to see if I can notice a diff in quality or yield, mainly in the GC and CK which I have grown for the last few runs.

I turned the hps up to 750w in the 5x5 tent as the growth is slowing down now. I will fire it up to 1000w at the start of week 4. I've got the led in the 4x4 tent at approx 350w (total 400w) as I have some of the blue spectrum dialed down. I'll be adding the 400w hps in the next few days.

That's all I have for now...with any luck the exciting stuff should start next week!

smoke em if you got em!

Wassup growers and smokers!

Week 3 Flower (day 18):

Everthing is looking great. The only real news is the defoliation I did on Saturday (day 15) to both tents.
5x5 tent:- I've never properly grown the black domina and first time for the blue gelato 41, so I'm not sure how they will react to the leaf stripping. I went in pretty aggressive but where I could tuck leaves I did. I stripped of as many of the larger fan leaves that I could reach, the tops at the very back of the tent escaped...I needed gogo gadget arms ( sorry to anyone born after 1980 but you prob won't get the inspector gadget ref).

I took this pic after I had started to defoliate the BG41 at the front right of the tent.
After the first session
this is from yesterday - I've been doing some light picking since saturday to remove any fans I missed. I left all new growing leaves alone

Its hard to see from the pics just how much I stripped, video would give a better view....

4x4 tent:- I've grown the green crack and corleone kush before, they are very stretchy and you don't have to go crazy on the leaf strip. I took it easy on the ghost train haze #1 as well as it's my first time growing this strain. I hardly touched the strawberry banana and og #18 either.

before pic
after pic, but dumbass forgot to put the led on view mode cuz he was stoned
pics from yesterday
more light getting to the bottom trellis now

I'm going to be increasing the ppm's so that they are at 700 by the end of week 3 (day 21), which is saturday. Then I'm considering doing a res change. For the last few runs I've done a full flower cycle without a res change until the flush period....so 7+ weeks and the bud turned out great. It'll be 4 weeks on saturday since the last res change, and another 4 weeks before I think I'll be flushing, so I'm going change the res every 4 weeks during this flower cycle to see if I can notice a diff in quality or yield, mainly in the GC and CK which I have grown for the last few runs.

I turned the hps up to 750w in the 5x5 tent as the growth is slowing down now. I will fire it up to 1000w at the start of week 4. I've got the led in the 4x4 tent at approx 350w (total 400w) as I have some of the blue spectrum dialed down. I'll be adding the 400w hps in the next few days.

That's all I have for now...with any luck the exciting stuff should start next week!

smoke em if you got em!
wow fella . a lot of work. i get you with the " not noticeable " thing. i come out with hands sticky amd fingers aching but no signs of my work too. bloody leaves. lol
all looks so good in there bud. variety is the spice of life.
nice entry .

I've got a bit too much variety....right now I have clones of black domina, green crack, strawberry banana, ghost train, corleone kush, og #18, and blue gelato in my cloner....i need to do a cull cuz its just too much...need to see how a lot of these first timers finish up before getting rid of the clones though!

i've got some awesome beans to sift threw as well....the 9lb hammer regular seeds from jinxproof is gonna be my next everest...

Where do you order your seeds from GGD? I had a friend coming back from the UK so I used Attitude....but I was a bit miffed when none of my 3 riserva privada sour kush seeds germinated....i told attitude and they gave me the "seeds are only for souvenirs" bs...

Week 4 Flower (day 23):

All systems go...ppms at 750-800 and cherry buds all over the place. Changed the res in the 5x5 tent on Saturday. So much new growth that you can hardly tell I defoliated.

4x4 tent looking great as well. had a small setback on Saturday - came home drunk and fell into the tent onto the strawberry banana...I only broke one top but i pushed the trellis down and broke 3 corloene stalks ffs. beer is all I can say.

I'm adding some bloom booster for weeks 4&5 in the 5x5....4,5,&6 in the 4x4 as those strains go longer. I'm using foxfarm beastie bloom as I've had it for ages and almost finshed it...prob going to order either gh liquid cool bloom, green planet massive, or plagron green sensation as a bloom booster next...anyone got a recommendation? I've got the advanced nutrients ph perfect tri pack on the way as well, going to give it a run to see if I notice a difference from the flora nova.

gonna close it down for the night. happy growing, see everyone next week. laters :roorrip:

wassup 420 peeps, got a few weeks to update today!

Week 5 Flower (day 30)

The Black Dom and Blue Gelato in the 5x5 tent are looking great. I've got the ppm's between 800-850 this week.

The 4x4 tent has undergone some changes! Since adding the 400w hps at the beginning of week 4, everything has stretched like mad, especially the corleone kush and ghost train haze. The GTH has tripled in height! Sorry about the lines from the magnetic ballast.

I've got my feet kicked up and just watching the show now...

wassup 420 peeps, got a few weeks to update today!

Week 5 Flower (day 30)

The Black Dom and Blue Geltao in the 5x5 tent are looking great. I've got the ppm's between 800-850 this week.

The 4x4 tent has undergone some changes! Since adding the 400w hps at the beginning of week 4, everything has stretched like mad, especially the corleone kush and ghost train haze. The GTH has tripled in height! Sorry about the lines from the magnetic ballast.

I've got my feet kicked up and just watching the show now...
looks brilliant in there islangrow. very productive.

Week 6 Flower (day 37)

back to back updates to get me all caught up!

5x5 tent still looking great. Both the Black Domina and Blue Gelato 41 are fattening up. I've got the ppm's at 850-900. The Dom isn't the frostiest bud I've ever grown but it is probably the easiest I've ever grown. Roots are huge and healthy, and plant is just all around bulletproof. I'm expecting the BD to finish in 7-7.5 weeks.

The BG isn't an easy to grow plant and has been fickle as all hell from seed. I had two seeds, one never sprouted, this one did but got really weird on me. It only had one root coming through the root riot cube, and it got all tall and never fattened out, I had to prop it up with a wooden kebab skewer. After 10 days the bottom of the long stem (8 inches) started to shrivel up, so I cut the stem at the bottom, and stuck it in my cloner. It popped roots again after a few week. However, it has turned out to surprise me - the smell is awesome...like blueberry muffins but sweeter. It is a small growing plant and doubled in size during stretch. The buds are starting to fatten up and she is getting frosty - barney's farm website says this strain goes 9-10 weeks so still some way to go.

The 4x4 tent is a jungle now. The ghost train has stretched mad! Everything looking great though despite the unexpected height of my very uneven canopy...

The next update is going to see more changes in the 4x4 tent. I've got a Chilled Logic 2' x 4' Growmau5 LED (originally 315w but I upgraded driver to 400w) arriving on Thursday! The 400w hps is making the tent a bit too warm and I don't want to burn the tops of the super tall GTH. Less heat and the coverage ( the led is 3.5ft length) is going to be way better.

Laters!

Week 6 Flower (day 37)

back to back updates to get me all caught up!

5x5 tent still looking great. Both the Black Domina and Blue Gelato 41 are fattening up. I've got the ppm's at 850-900. The Dom isn't the frostiest bud I've ever grown but it is probably the easiest I've ever grown. Roots are huge and healthy, and plant is just all around bulletproof. I'm expecting the BD to finish in 7-7.5 weeks.

The BG isn't an easy to grow plant and has been fickle as all hell from seed. I had two seeds, one never sprouted, this one did but got really weird on me. It only had one root coming through the root riot cube, and it got all tall and never fattened out, I had to prop it up with a wooden kebab skewer. After 10 days the bottom of the long stem (8 inches) started to shrivel up, so I cut the stem at the bottom, and stuck it in my cloner. It popped roots again after a few week. However, it has turned out to surprise me - the smell is awesome...like blueberry muffins but sweeter. It is a small growing plant and doubled in size during stretch. The buds are starting to fatten up and she is getting frosty - barney's farm website says this strain goes 9-10 weeks so still some way to go.

The 4x4 tent is a jungle now. The ghost train has stretched mad! Everything looking great though despite the unexpected height of my very uneven canopy...

The next update is going to see more changes in the 4x4 tent. I've got a Chilled Logic 2' x 4' Growmau5 LED (originally 315w but I upgraded driver to 400w) arriving on Thursday! The 400w hps is making the tent a bit too warm and I don't want to burn the tops of the super tall GTH. Less heat and the coverage ( the led is 3.5ft length) is going to be way better.

Laters!
great update Islandgrow.
looking good in there like an episode of Jumanji.
have you considered a cool tube for the hps. i an run inches away without heat being an issue , i dont as i want the light spread and it is too intense. I knkw there is a slight par loss from the tubes glass but they do what it says on the tin ?. have 2x600 hps in tubes and now in winter still keeps room warm enough at max 24.5°c but averages 21.5°c . straight through exhaust kills heat off quickly. not trying to" teach my granny to suck eggs" here just a thought is all.

Back
Top Bottom