IslandGrower420 - Cali Og Kush & Green Crack In DWC

Week 2 - Flower (Week 10 since germination):

Not much to report, everything is looking perfect. The canopy is forming nice and evenly. I have the scrog net set at 2ft above the ground, and the bottom of the lamp reflector hangs at 5ft 8in. I want to leave 2ft between the bottom of the reflector and the top of the canopy so my canopy can only grow 1ft 8in. I`m ok if the canopy gets a little higher around the edges of the trellis. My reflector is cooled by a 4in inline 290cfm extraction fan so it runs pretty cool, but I dont want any closer than 24in when the 1000w is cranking on full.

IMG_443813.JPG

IMG_444014.JPG

IMG_443918.JPG

I haven`t done a res change since week 8 when I moved the girls into the flower tent. I used a weak grow solution for week 8 as I scrogged the girls and they don`t need a strong feed during recovery period. I had my ballast dimmed to 600w for the first few days, then 750w for the rest of week 8. I didn`t run the 1000w until start of week 1. I`ve been adding bloom nutes to replenish the res for the last week. The nute schedule calls for half grow and half bloom so i think i`m probably about there in my res and now I`m adding half grow and half bloom to replenish, along with an early PK booster. I`m using the nutes at about half to two thirds recommended strength, and quarter strength on the PK booster. I also started adding in the Mammoth P with every res top up at the beginning of week 1. I might do a res change at the end of week 2, or just wait until the end of week 3.

In the middle of week one the PH levels started to drop every day, instead of rise. I think I had the ppm`s around 600-650, and the ph would be at 5.8, 24hrs later it would be at 5.2 and the water level and PPM level didn`t drop that much to constitute the PH drops. I lowered the PPMs a bit more to the 450-550 range and just adjusted the PH every day. All of the plants were still growing great so I wasn`t worried about deficiencies. Towards the end of week one the PH drops were increasing (6.0 to 5.0 in 24hrs) so I though that maybe the plants needed some K because the PH was dropping so much. I figured they were started to consume less N and more PK as they changed cycles. Not sure if my hypothesis is right but I figured the plants were starting to get K hungry and were using the K in the PH + as I wasn`t giving them much bloom nutes - hence why the PH was dropping so much in between top ups. I hit them with some bloom nutes and got their PPM to 600-630, and the next day the PH on all the plants had dropped from 5.9 to 5.4 and there was a litre or two of water gone. The PH has been fine ever since. I`m getting the PPMs to 700-750 right now and the PH is dropping from 6.0 to 5.6 in 24hrs with significant water usage, which is fine.

Great excerpt from an article below. Big up to Scientific for the website knowledge!

When a plant is put within a given solution it wants to absorb the nutrients it needs to grow. These nutrients are avilable as ions that have a given charge. For example, nitrogen is absorbed as the nitrate ion (NO3(-)) while potassium is absorbed as the K(+) ion. When a plant takes potassium in, it deplets the solution of a positive charge. Since the solution must remain neutral the plant gives the solution an H3O(+) ion to compensate. The plant has therefore decreased the pH of the solution by absorbing a potassium ion. When nitrate is absorbed - an ion with a negative charge- the plant does the opposite and exchanges the nitrate for an OH(-), the pH of the solution is increased.
Understanding pH in Hydroponics – Part No.1 | Science in Hydroponics

is it even worth me posting my grow if only 318 people are going to view it in 2 months. some guy has a dwarf auto on his patio and he has 10,000 views....and his grow is newbie shit. not sure I see the point of this...
Yes it is bro. Keep it up the people will come. If you go around in other threads and comment more people will arrive . I feel the same way at times . I look at it this way it is my journal and for the perusal of others at their will. It is mainly a great way for me to keep track of important dates at times. Like forgetting when I planted an auto.

Had to take a little hiatus, got way too busy to keep up with posting but I took pics every week so I could catch up.

Week 3 Flower (15 days since 12/12 flip):

Everything is still looking good. The Green Crack (on the right side) is stretching nicely, and looks like it will achieve the canopy height I want (see first paragraph of week 2 post). The OG #1 (back left) is not stretching well at all. I thought she would keep pace with the green crack. OG #2 (front left) is stretching nicely which surprised me as this one was always fat and bushy and indica like. I've noticed that I've lost 2" on my canopy space - the trellis has been pushed up 2" by the plants. Next time I'll have to lock it in place!

This is the beginning of week 3 so at the end of the week I'm going to do a res change, it'll have been 4 weeks since the last one. They've got nice bud sites forming and some initial cherries.

IMG_448212.JPG

IMG_448113.JPG

IMG_44789.JPG

Had to take a little hiatus, got way too busy to keep up with posting but I took pics every week so I could catch up.

Week 3 Flower (15 days since 12/12 flip):

Everything is still looking good. The Green Crack (on the right side) is stretching nicely, and looks like it will achieve the canopy height I want (see first paragraph of week 2 post). The OG #1 (back left) is not stretching well at all. I thought she would keep pace with the green crack. OG #2 (front left) is stretching nicely which surprised me as this one was always fat and bushy and indica like. I've noticed that I've lost 2" on my canopy space - the trellis has been pushed up 2" by the plants. Next time I'll have to lock it in place!

This is the beginning of week 3 so at the end of the week I'm going to do a res change, it'll have been 4 weeks since the last one. They've got nice bud sites forming and some initial cherries.

IMG_448212.JPG

IMG_448113.JPG

IMG_44789.JPG
Looking good bro .

Week 4 Flower (23 days since 12/12 flip):

Had some issues with the OG #1 at the back left of the tent towards the end of week 3. Showing signs of deficiencies on the leaves...looks like calcium but could be anything...maybe potassium. I did a res change on the GC, OG #1 and #2, it has been 4 weeks since the last one. I used to res change every 10 days but found that it was unnecessary. I'm keeping the PPM's around 900-950 and PH between 5.6-6.2. I'm using the fox farm bloom booster so plants are getting plenty of PK. My main concern with Fox Farm is that I don't think they have enough potassium in the bloom booster or the regular bloom nutes.

I did some defoliation at the end of week 3 as well. I took off a lot of the fan leaves to allow the light to get to the lower bud sights.

Some comments on the Crop King strains:

OG #1 (Sativa looking one): Grows pretty good but is finicky. Always has a few brown leaves at the bottom, like it is always slightly deficient of calcium, nitrogen or potassium...the roots are a little hard to care for as well. And I wasn't impressed with how little she stretched. I was feeding her the exact same formula as the green crack and the GC is a beast! She's got some good trich production and smells like candy, kind of like sour lemon skittles. I think I'll only get 3-4 ounces off her as her stretch was not cool! I have 2 clones of this plant in my veg tent about 3 feet tall and 3 feet wide.

OG #2 (Indica looking one): By far the easiest plant to grow, I can treat her like a step child and she's still a winner. She stretched nicely. She never has discoloration or deficiencies what so ever, and her roots always look good. She trich'd right up in week 3 really early. Got really long fat white pistils and the trich heads are white and huge. She smells like cake and short bread. I'm just waiting for her to start filling out as the buds are frosty but small. I have 1 clone in my veg tent 3 feet tall and 2 feet wide.

Green Crack: What a champion. Easy to grow. She stretched perfectly...got some nice buds forming and she's just starting to frost up. I've got 4 clones 4 weeks old in my veg tent and I'm going to fill my flower tent with a GC canopy in 4 weeks time. I like this plant. The bud structure is awesome, the calyx's are huge and the top buds look like there are all wearing crowns......my queen! lol. The smell is hard to describe. Gassy, spicy, maybe earthy.

IMG_452713.JPG

IMG_452515.JPG

Underside of the GC
IMG_453513.JPG

I am doing the same strains but in soil.

hey Sly, do you have a grow journal going? if not do you mind posting some pics of both....i am more interested in what you get from the Cali Og/Haze...the beans i sprouted were all over the shop....two very different looking plants. out of the 2 green crack seeds i sprouted, one was a runt and had issues and i threw her away (never happens!), but the other one (GC #1 in my grow) is a champ.

Morning Island

Here is my Journal

Slylikeafox Promix Soil Cali/OG Kush 70% Sativa - 2018

I just transplanted yesterday so will be posting pictures later today.

Here is what they look like a couple of days ago
Day14feb12day9ag_1_.JPG

So far they are looking pretty good although the peat pot ones are smaller. i believe its because they evape water to quickly.

Happy to have any comments.

they looking healthy Sly. I want to see pics of them a few weeks from now to see if they are all the same or different like i got. I'll be checking your journal out.

i would have though a medium that dried out faster would promote faster growth as the roots would get more air - provided that they are sitting there bone dry for too long between waterings...anyone?

Re: IslandGrower420 - Crop King's Cali Og Kush & Green Crack In DWC

Week 5 Flower (30 days since 12/12 flip):

The OG #1 is doing better now after the res change at the end of week 3, although there was damage to a lot of the larger fan leaves. The buds are frosting up and she'e putting on weight. A few of her pistils have started turning orange. I'm predicting 8-8.5 weeks.

OG #2 is still strutting her stuff as usual. All her leaves are still a plush darkish green without ANY brown on any leaves. She doesn't nag or complain at all. If only I could marry this one. Her pistils are still long fat and gleaming white. You can hardly see the calyxes through the pistil jungle. She is frosty as hell now and is starting to bulk up slowly. I think this is going to be a 9-10 weeker.

GC #1 is getting frosty and looks amazing. Her buds are still smallish and I am waiting for them to turn into golf balls. She is drinking approx 4.5 litres of water every 24hrs and is in bezerker mode now. A few of hew hairs have turned orange on some of the colas, whereas the others still have all white pistils. 9 weeker.

I'm supplementing them with cal/mag and a tiny bit of epsom salt as the fox farm bloom has no cal and little mag. I use a little bit of the fox farm grow but that has more N in it so I don't use much at all. I'm also using a PK 16/16 bloom booster in small doses in addition to the fox farm bloom booster ( I alternate days), which I'm also using in small doses. Every day I check the res I adjust to 950 PPM and 6.0 PH. The PH will drop to 5.6/5.7 by the same time the next day as the plants consume the nutes.

I've been using Hydroguard (I swear by it) the entire grow and the roots on all the ladies look great. I have a small fungus knat issue that I am in perpetual battle with. I've got sticky strips, mosquito bits (bacillus thuringiensis israelensis), and a vacumm cleaner with a stick attachment as my weapons of choice, but sometimes I get medieval and use my hands. little fuckers.

I forgot to mention that I started using 5ml/gal of Hygrozyme again when I did the res change at the end of week three. Someone told me a few months ago that the bennies and the enzymes compete with each other so it was pointless using both. I did a bit of research and the enzymes actually break down dead organic matter in the res, into a food source the bennies could consume. I think I'll be using Hygrozyme in my grows from now on.

IMG_455616.JPG

OG #1 - you can see the damage to a lot of the leaves. She's still got a lot of leaves and looks to be progressing well.
IMG_456715.JPG

IMG_457310.JPG

IMG_457510.JPG

OG #2
IMG_456115.JPG

GC #1
IMG_457718.JPG

IMG_457820.JPG

Sorry I know the pics are crap from the hps, I'll see what I can do next time.

Week 6 Flower (35 days since 12/12 flip):

Everything is looking good...just started week 6 and I am now up to date on the journal! The girls started to pack on weight week 5...I`m hoping they keep bulking all through week 6 as well! No other issues or anything to report.

IMG_462417.JPG

OG #2
IMG_462813.JPG

IMG_462710.JPG

GC #1 A couple of the colas directly under the hps are a little lighter in colour that the ones that aren`t, and I`m starting to see some small brown spots. I`m not sure if they were there already or just formed, as it`s only on a few colas. No big deal, the GC looks amazing and I`m sure everything is fine. I`m keeping on top of the cal/mag.
IMG_462915.JPG

IMG_463014.JPG

Thought I would include a pic of the clones I took from OG #1, OG #2 & GC #1. That`s the OG #1 front left and right, OG #2 back left, and 4 x GC #1 that are younger but are growing fast like their mum!
IMG_463412.JPG

Back
Top Bottom