Issues with feed & water schedule

100% with you on that one mate haha there was just somebody who supposedly had 10+ years in coco saying NEVER leave saturated, im running 70/30 perlite mix so drainage is good ect, Totally i knew i wasn't right on the money beacuse its a cheap kit but i expected to be close , was giving neuts then 1 drop of -ph now it's 6-7 drops of -ph to hit 5.8. Yuss thats what i want to hear man haha hopefully this root nectar stuff helps out a little too. appreciate the advice/info

He may have been talking to not let them stand in there own drainage. You should make sure they have free flow to drainage, I have my on wire. See the pic above of the 5 clones, I have since raised them some as that was too low and the bottom stayed to wet too long.
Here is a pic of the stand/screen I grow on.
20170525_205355 (2).jpg

And here is the batch of the in the tent, they are move to expose the all. Normally the encircle the fan .
20171116_115226 (2).jpg

GR

Oh right well they are in trays however i usually empty them out once the runoff stops flowing never leave them sitting in it to soak it back up as they are not drinking very fast

PH fluctuations can look like nute problems, PH after adding base nutes but before adding any extras.

I have not heard to pH after base nutes. What is the reason for that? I use Canna nutes and I pH after everything is added. I find this interesting. Definitely going to do some research on this topic.

Oh right well they are in trays however i usually empty them out once the runoff stops flowing never leave them sitting in it to soak it back up as they are not drinking very fast

Can you raise then some off the bottom of the trays. I understand you not letting them sit long in the trays but to my any amount of time left standing in passed through solution is not good. That is just my opinion, no fact to that, just some experience.

I have not heard to pH after base nutes. What is the reason for that? I use Canna nutes and I pH after everything is added. I find this interesting. Definitely going to do some research on this topic.
I think the only logic to that would be if the stuff your adding after base neuts isn't effecting your ph value, i've always just brewd it all up then ph'd

I have the standard 5 " carrots, I put them in water when I took them off line and they have been there since.
I was about 33 days from harvest when we went out of town for about 5 days. The Mats quit work early after we left because I came back to totally dried plants, there was no saving them.
If your interested in them let me know and we can work something out.

That sucks! I have more than I need right now, but I may know somebody. I can't make promises for him though. But they won't go bad on you if you let them dry out and store them.

I'm the guy that made the video posted as the first answer. I water 3 times a day with drippers so that I get run-off daily. Only for the first 10 days do I water once a day with minimal water while the roots develop. That is the only time I find that you can slow down growth by watering too much.

I'm the guy that made the video posted as the first answer. I water 3 times a day with drippers so that I get run-off daily. Only for the first 10 days do I water once a day with minimal water while the roots develop. That is the only time I find that you can slow down growth by watering too much.

My thoughts exactly, only you say it better than I, LOL.
This morning before the final cycle prior of lights off, I shut my system down and hand watered to about 30 plus % runoff, added Great White, pH'ed, and adjusted to 5.8.
I do this weekly as I don't mix my solution during the cycles enough to keep the GW in suspension.
I will be pulling the clones out from the light and do a GW and Subculture II hand watering, roots in the clones are there and I want to keep them growing out the sides and bottom of the Smart Pots, very healthy at present.

Yes i have only recently discovered micorhizzzal products and am on a major budget/can't find any decent ones in my country , I messed up and didnt give any root benificial products, i purchased some root nectar from nutrifield and added it to my schedule last week. pic below plants were bit wilted from heat wave we were having but are happy now. You say once a day ONCE i have an established root system , how should i feed until its established? p.s they were vegged first 6 weeks under a ultra cheap 600 watt led (160 true watts rip) so growth was slow to say the least
47579432_2204846546398133_6754526093815840768_n.jpg48269031_431570244341168_4535412664880332800_n.jpg
Not sure what Country You're in .. but here in Canada .. all nurseries carry a product called Root Rescue .. it's choc full of mycorrhiaal ... cultures.

Yes i have only recently discovered micorhizzzal products and am on a major budget/can't find any decent ones in my country , I messed up and didnt give any root benificial products, i purchased some root nectar from nutrifield and added it to my schedule last week. pic below plants were bit wilted from heat wave we were having but are happy now. You say once a day ONCE i have an established root system , how should i feed until its established? p.s they were vegged first 6 weeks under a ultra cheap 600 watt led (160 true watts rip) so growth was slow to say the least
47579432_2204846546398133_6754526093815840768_n.jpg48269031_431570244341168_4535412664880332800_n.jpg

you can't ebay what you want/need?

My thoughts exactly, only you say it better than I, LOL.
This morning before the final cycle prior of lights off, I shut my system down and hand watered to about 30 plus % runoff, added Great White, pH'ed, and adjusted to 5.8.
I do this weekly as I don't mix my solution during the cycles enough to keep the GW in suspension.
I will be pulling the clones out from the light and do a GW and Subculture II hand watering, roots in the clones are there and I want to keep them growing out the sides and bottom of the Smart Pots, very healthy at present.
If you keep your nutrients in a res of some sort, you can put a small pump in there to keep it stirred up. I run a small, I think 150 or 300 gph pump to do this.

you can't ebay what you want/need?
i waite 20+ days for the light i bought to show , never came put me off bringing from overseas + as i said i've just come across micoryzzhael products if i was to order it wouldnt be here until a week or two into flower which in my eyes sort of defeats the purpose

Not sure what Country You're in .. but here in Canada .. all nurseries carry a product called Root Rescue .. it's choc full of mycorrhiaal ... cultures.
Im in new zealand, we are a good 10 years behind most countrys with marijuana laws it's still not even legal for terminally ill people yet, looked thru all the grow companys we have here was root benificial products but not microbial ones if im not mistaken?

If you keep your nutrients in a res of some sort, you can put a small pump in there to keep it stirred up. I run a small, I think 150 or 300 gph pump to do this.

I do the same!

Im in new zealand, we are a good 10 years behind most countrys with marijuana laws it's still not even legal for terminally ill people yet, looked thru all the grow companys we have here was root benificial products but not microbial ones if im not mistaken?
I did a search for mycorrhizae available in New Zealand: Company called Biostart .. makes some amazing mycorrhizae products.

i waite 20+ days for the light i bought to show , never came put me off bringing from overseas + as i said i've just come across micoryzzhael products if i was to order it wouldnt be here until a week or two into flower which in my eyes sort of defeats the purpose

It will still work. GH calls for rapid start use until 6 weeks into flower. And you'll have it for next time

Back
Top Bottom