Itch Weed

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
A man has been shown leniency after explaining he was growing cannabis to use the drug to tackle a genital itch.

Gregor Spalding admitted cultivating the drug at his home in Blairgowrie.

Perth Sheriff Court heard the 30-year-old was arrested in April after police picked up the crop's smell while at his home looking for someone else.

Sentence was deferred for six months for Spalding to be of good behaviour. He was assured that if he maintained this he would be treated "leniently".

The court was told his "amateurish attempt" to cultivate cannabis was provoked by chronic pain he had suffered for three years.

Spalding said prescription medicine had failed to tackle pain caused by constant itching around his genitals.

He had decided to try using the drug as a painkiller, after reading about it on the internet, and wanted to grow cannabis himself, instead of buying it from a drug dealer.

His doctor wrote a letter to the court confirming Spalding had suffered chronic pain from an itching condition known as pruritus for three years.

The doctor added: "It is quite reasonable that he thought cannabis might help his condition as there have been reports in the press of cannabis relieving pain in multiple sclerosis and other conditions."

The court heard Spalding had not been in trouble with the authorities before and had now been referred to Dundee's Ninewells Hospital.

Sheriff Derek Livingston said: "It does strike me that this isn't a case where someone is growing the plant to supply it to others.

"It was a stupid amateurish attempt. I am prepared to give you a chance. As long as it remains proscribed, you cannot grow cannabis plants in your house."

News Hawk- User https://www.420magazine.com
Source: BBC
Copyright: BBC

i was wondering if anyone has ever tried using cannabis as a topical? i have used wormwood/mugwort many times for itching and rash. what about pot leaves?

.....he was growing cannabis to use the drug to tackle a genital itch. ......police picked up the crop's smell while at his home looking for someone else.....
am i reading this right? sounds to me like the cops were sniffing his genitals :cool:

My brother uses a salve made from active Manuka honey and cannabis, to treat an ulcerated shin. It is a condition he picked up in Vietnam and this salve he uses as a topical treatment is the only thing that works. It took a while to find the right "active" honey, as not all honey is active. The Manuka honey is without doubt the best of the active honeys.

thanks bro....

UMF Manuka Honey Has Unsurpassed Healing Qualities

Exceptional Antibacterial and Healing Activity
The unique properties of UMF manuka honey can help heal a huge range of conditions from stomach ulcers to infections, as well as increasing your energy levels and general well-being.
More Information...

Genuine UMF16+
"UMF" is the property which gives active manuka honey it's special healing quality. UMF manuka honey with a rating of 16+ has the highest level of antibacterial activity, giving you faster, more reliable results.
More Information...

Completely Natural
We sell 100% natural honey products from the unspoiled countryside of New Zealand. Strict quality control and intensive hive management ensure that the manuka honey you use is as pure as possible.
More Information...

Supported by Research
Extensive research and clinical trials at universities and hospitals have demonstrated the power of UMF active manuka honey. The benefits have been documented, so you can buy with confidence.
More Information...

Easy and Safe
Simple to apply to wounds, or for internal use just eat like normal honey - and it tastes great!
More Information...

Affordable
You'll find excellent value for money at ManukaHoney.com, including postage discounts for bulk purchases. New Zealand's favourable exchange rate also benefits overseas buyers.

Manuka Honey

Back
Top Bottom