It's a girl!

hossua34

:cheesygrinsmiley: Pretty happy right now. For the past few months, I've been watching the progress of my first ever grow - a two plant closet affair running off of a couple flourescent grow tubes. I've been exposing them to 12/12 for a couple of weeks now, and was starting to wonder when I'd see signs of gender. I was even convinced that the bigger of the two plants was a male, because I thought I saw some small balls forming. Then, last night, after oversleeping for about 2 hours and not turning off my lights, I looked at the big plant to see three or four big hairy pistils had shot out overnight from the uppermost node! Still no sign of gender on the second, smaller plant.

Like I said, this grow is running off of 150 watts of floro grow light tubes, and is my first grow. I don't expect to harvest much off it - maybe a bowl or two if I'm lucky - but it's been a fun little pet project, and introduction to growing.

DaMagoMan said:
Congrats dude and may the other also be Virgin

You'll get a little mre than a bowl :)

Tubes? not Compat Floros? ...

They mounted vertical to the plant or hung overhead?

They're tubes, yes, about 36 in. each, and vertically mounted, with one plant snuggled right up against each light cover. Heat, I've found, is a non-issue with these lights, which I bought in the Wal-Mart garden section for a grand total of $25.

At least you are smart enough to know that you will not get Ounces of bud off of that plant. Some first time growers suffer the delusion that they will be harvesting pounds of bud with 2 plants and a couple flouros.

After reading your post, I got the inference that you may not be running the lights on a timer, you should DEFINATLY get one. Manually turning the lights on and off is not only a pain but it is inconsistent. This will especially become an issue now that you are flowering, if the light schedule is all messed up and variable from day to day the plants will not know what to do and this will cause them alot of stress.

1 out of 2 isn't bad... if you have a 50/50 chance. The other one turned out to be a male (at least I hope that's what the elongated-onion shaped things forming at the nodes of the smaller plant meant!). I cut it down and was going to throw it out, but my cat seemed to have an interest in it, so I gave it to her to knaw on and eat. I swear this kitty LOVES weed.

yeah roorman said it best get a timer so you can be a stoner and forget about turning them off and on. any light during the dark cycle or if the lights are on longer than 12 hours your plants could potenially turn hermi which gives you a bunch o seeds. if it only happens once which i get from your post then you dont much to worry about. be deligent and keep growin that sticky icky

Back
Top Bottom