Its A New Year's Flipping Party! Group Journal For Those Flipping On New Year's

I love it it looks like light addicts a bit

definitely learnt a sh*t tonne of stuff from both LA and Ase myself, guys like that gave me the confidence to bend and train my girls vigorously!!
Back building and Node spreading are next to conquer!! :)

Still undecided about Defol. Did a bit last time but not full under canopy. What's the general consensus with you guys?

definitely learnt a sh*t tonne of stuff from both LA and Ase myself, guys like that gave me the confidence to bend and train my girls vigorously!!

Still undecided about Defol. Did a bit last time but not full under canopy. What's the general consensus with you guys?

I'm on the fence with this as well. I've done a ton of research but when it comes time to do it I don't have the guts lol. Im not sure at this point when, what and how much to do. I'm thinking after they stretch a bit and show me true signs of bud sites. Then I can free up light accordingly? I dunno lol.

Sorry Bomb ? Like big bomb.

As in Bomb Seeds from NL. They sent me some Berry Bomb, Ice Bomb & THC Bomb seeds to do an official sponsor grow. I am growing 1 Berry & 1 Ice from seed.

Looking good Ian! Thanks for swinging by :) topped twice eh!? That should give you some nice colas. Will be cool to watch.

Topped twice more or less, but yes, lots of bud sites is my goal.

I’m on the fence with this as well. I’ve done a ton of research but when it comes time to do it I don’t have the guts lol. Im not sure at this point when, what and how much to do. I’m thinking after they stretch a bit and show me true signs of bud sites. Then I can free up light accordingly? I dunno lol.

I am half & half – I didn’t go full tilt like newty. I have been clearing fans gradually as they get in the way & I did a medium under canopy clearing yesterday. They seem to love getting trimmed. They are filling up my space nicely.

day59-tent.jpg

Ian

I'm on the fence with this as well. I've done a ton of research but when it comes time to do it I don't have the guts lol. Im not sure at this point when, what and how much to do. I'm thinking after they stretch a bit and show me true signs of bud sites. Then I can free up light accordingly? I dunno lol.

I wish yall could see me up to my elbows in this thing. I have cut off more stuff than is left. Her lst consists of bending just to the point of breaking then holdin for a minute. Her trunk has 3 splits held together with rope. She's already flipped but I have a couple to throw in the party if thats ok.
420-magazine-mobile541015159.jpg

I leave on as many leaves as possible last few weeks I'll remove some fans that I dont care about .

Good defoil after stretch get that ventilation going through the plant .

When does the official flip kick off?

Well ive decided exactly at midnight I will shut down lights and turn them
Back on at7pm news years day .

Then they will be on a12/12 .

When does the official flip kick off?
Monday morning for me. I will drain the res & renute. Lights off will be 7pm to start the dark 12.

Ian

I just took off some leaves and a couple small branches from the bases in preparation. On New Years Eve my plants will be 50 days.

I want to chime in on the defoliation debate. If you can actually see through your plant in even its thickest parts then don't ever cut a leaf. I cut my plants because I HAVE to. The monster fan leaves smother the base of my plants. The air circulation is for poop *I'm gonna edit my language for the ladies present (Freak). I don't cut all of them... I dig growing leaves larger than my size 13 feet, and i know they come in handy in late flower, but I will never have a shortage of leaves.

DWC, when done correctly, will rock the roots, make a huge stem, And a million and a half leaves in a season. If I take a leaf I know it will be replaced with a larger one in less than a week.

So, i get the defol. debate. But let's look at it on a case by case basis. If youre growing Dr. Grinspoon, or some other exotic sativa you will never need defoliation. But I may take 50 leaves off of an indica during its life for a few reasons. 1. Ventilation, 2. To get that bump in growth just before I flip. 3. It seriously helps manipulating branches etc. in the scrog. 4. If I don't, i will grow cabbage. The leaves grow into each other and I need to comb my fingers through the leaves daily to get them to separate. What I try not to do is take leaves within a few nodes from the top. 80% is in the middle of the plant

I totally get the leaves are the plants solar panel, and the whole transpiration gig, but in my situation if i pull one I have 10 more behind it. I've read through a few spicy discussions on this and the problem is people lump this topic onto ALL pot plants. Even funnier are the people who can't understand why defoliating outdoor plants isnt as popular. Or that God made the plants like this for a reason. We need to treat this topic just like all the other factors in this game. Some plants like nutes some dont. Some plants you top, some you don't etc. Keep it on a case by case basis.

There are a few discussions that really get people going in our chosen hobby (not so much here thankfully). Which light is best... Which nutrient combo is best... and should one defoliate. As for the later, i do, i see immediate results, and i will never stop.
487be8e05e8d8eba05f52e8e4937ec76.jpg
f34af9e6320caa9145cd37dc726ab46c.jpg
e4f8643f5ac6147c278735395e0f3b6d.jpg
11ce05ed78516120de099af3ea6547d3.jpg
2d488886cb98527f32407b0a1f9d7e6d.jpg

I just took off some leaves and a couple small branches from the bases in preparation. On New Years Eve my plants will be 50 days.

I want to chime in on the defoliation debate. If you can actually see through your plant in even its thickest parts then don't ever cut a leaf. I cut my plants because I HAVE to. The monster fan leaves smother the base of my plants. The air circulation is for poop *I'm gonna edit my language for the ladies present (Freak). I don't cut all of them... I dig growing leaves larger than my size 13 feet, and i know they come in handy in late flower, but I will never have a shortage of leaves.

DWC, when done correctly, will rock the roots, make a huge stem, And a million and a half leaves in a season. If I take a leaf I know it will be replaced with a larger one in less than a week.

So, i get the defol. debate. But let's look at it on a case by case basis. If youre growing Dr. Grinspoon, or some other exotic sativa you will never need defoliation. But I may take 50 leaves off of an indica during its life for a few reasons. 1. Ventilation, 2. To get that bump in growth just before I flip. 3. It seriously helps manipulating branches etc. in the scrog. 4. If I don't, i will grow cabbage. The leaves grow into each other and I need to comb my fingers through the leaves daily to get them to separate. What I try not to do is take leaves within a few nodes from the top. 80% is in the middle of the plant

I totally get the leaves are the plants solar panel, and the whole transpiration gig, but in my situation if i pull one I have 10 more behind it. I've read through a few spicy discussions on this and the problem is people lump this topic onto ALL pot plants. Even funnier are the people who can't understand why defoliating outdoor plants isnt as popular. Or that God made the plants like this for a reason. We need to treat this topic just like all the other factors in this game. Some plants like nutes some dont. Some plants you top, some you don't etc. Keep it on a case by case basis.

There are a few discussions that really get people going in our chosen hobby (not so much here thankfully). Which light is best... Which nutrient combo is best... and should one defoliate. As for the later, i do, i see immediate results, and i will never stop.
487be8e05e8d8eba05f52e8e4937ec76.jpg
f34af9e6320caa9145cd37dc726ab46c.jpg
e4f8643f5ac6147c278735395e0f3b6d.jpg
11ce05ed78516120de099af3ea6547d3.jpg
2d488886cb98527f32407b0a1f9d7e6d.jpg

I agree to the most of it ..

Just remember. This ideology isnt for everyone. Case by case basis.
If you look at my plants they really don't look like they are missing the amount of leaves laying on the floor. I could double that amount and they would still look pretty good, but I'm only taking what I need.

420-magazine-mobile1728243823.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1929202715.jpg

This was 4 days ago before the trim
And right after
420-magazine-mobile635773687.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1385472457.jpg

And today, 4 days later
420-magazine-mobile1657875206.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1512361506.jpg

I've done 2 major defoliations to my girls and the last one to prepare all the bud sites for flip. I'll wait until after stretch to do my last big hair cut and then I'll just pluck those getting in the way. I think if they are healthy, they bounce back quick.They have been so thirsty this week so I'm happy.

I plan to change my timer Sunday night they will get their first 12 hours of darkness and celebrate the New Years in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom