It's established that tobacco can affect pancreas but what about MJ?

WorriedMind

I've been smoking marijuana for over 10 years and have been running high lipase for over 4 years (usually levels greater than 4x indicate pancreatitis) however I do not have signs or symptoms of acute or chronic pancreatitis. They ran ct scan, ultrasound, colonscopy, celiac and ulcer testing. All fine.

Below the bottom links confirm that tobacco smoke causing increased pancreatic lipase activity. I wonder if this goes for smoking MJ even though the toxins are not as bad as tobacco. I asked doc and of course he said to stay away from MJ, I expected any doc to tell me that.

Do you think ediables or vaporizing will help in my situation?

Links below are reports on tobacco and pancreas diseases.

[Tobacco smoking and the diseases of pancreas]. [Przegl Lek. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI
The genetics of nicotine dependence: r... [World J Gastroenterol. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI

I am not too book smart on these topics.. so I can really only say this, edibles and vapes will always be better for you, I really enjoy making edibles. Ease of use, quick, and keep you loaded for the longest time. And vaping, oh brother, don't get me started. Tastytasty.

Welcome to 420 magazine forums, suggest posting this here on the California MMJ questions, or maybe over here at the FAQ. Seems a lot of people don't check the intros. I like to say hello to all our new members. If you post at one of those locations tons more people will see it and hopefully chime in :Namsste:

Again welcome to the forums WorriedMind,

:peace: CA215

Back
Top Bottom