It's that time again - Male or female?

Hobopr0

ok so have 4 plants in the scrog that has been in 12/12 for about a week.....male or female???

20160520_185622_resized.jpg
20160520_185612_resized.jpg
20160520_185305_resized.jpg
20160520_185315_resized.jpg
20160520_185317_resized.jpg
20160520_185256_resized.jpg

fyi, these are from homegrown hermie seeds...thx

Very definitely male. You have some choices.

1) REMOVE the boy from the flower area immediately!

2) You can trim off the branches with pods, put them in a glass of water, and put a baggie over the pods to catch the pollen. Leave a long stem so you can bend the branch down a bit. You can store the pollen long-term in the freezer.

3) Cut it down and save the leaves and pods for edibles/cannibudder.

4) Cut it down and toss it, although I think that is a waste of good cannibinoids.

I can definitely see male flowers, but I thought I saw some pistils in there too. Maybe it went hermie?

yeah im feeling the same way so im gonna check em in the morning. damn if it went hermie already....poor luck i suppose. should get me a thermometer to see what the temps are. also this is one of those 2 in 1 tents and i have a few more babies veggin at 24/0 so perhaps i have some light leaks? ugh...2nd grow not going as expected. and the 1st time scrog is a mess...heh.

so it goes....

Very definitely male. You have some choices.

1) REMOVE the boy from the flower area immediately!

2) You can trim off the branches with pods, put them in a glass of water, and put a baggie over the pods to catch the pollen. Leave a long stem so you can bend the branch down a bit. You can store the pollen long-term in the freezer.

3) Cut it down and save the leaves and pods for edibles/cannibudder.

4) Cut it down and toss it, although I think that is a waste of good cannibinoids.

yeah sucks man, the plan is to pull the males and make some butter this time...i made cannaoil using coconut oil with the last grow 2 males and 3 hermies). will these plants still provide the benefits of the cbds since these are only into 12/12 for about week and half?

oh btw....these just came outta the oven. made using some oil that i made with the 2 males along w/3 fully hermified and matured plants so these did have a ton of seeds which i painsakenly removed and i did smoke some but used a bunch to make this oil. i used unrefined coconut oil so it did have some coconut taste but the weed way overpowered it and the taste was kinda nasty earthy greeny in the brownies but was ok when using in the pillsbury butter cake mix. this was the first time i tried to make edibles and eating so im not even sure if it's getting me high or not. just had a couple pieces so i hope ill be at least getting any of the cbd benefits?? how else can i use the oil other than edibles?

the yellow cake on top does NOT have any of the oil so u can see how yellow it is while the one blw has that nice green tint..heh....
20160522_001100.jpg

oh btw....these just came outta the oven. made using some oil that i made with the 2 males along w/3 fully hermified and matured plants so these did have a ton of seeds which i painsakenly removed and i did smoke some but used a bunch to make this oil. i used unrefined coconut oil so it did have some coconut taste but the weed way overpowered it and the taste was kinda nasty earthy greeny in the brownies but was ok when using in the pillsbury butter cake mix. this was the first time i tried to make edibles and eating so im not even sure if it's getting me high or not. just had a couple pieces so i hope ill be at least getting any of the cbd benefits?? how else can i use the oil other than edibles?

the yellow cake on top does NOT have any of the oil so u can see how yellow it is while the one blw has that nice green tint..heh....
20160522_001100.jpg

Interesting I have never heard of making oil with male plants. They're high in CBD?

The seeds are great nutrition too, how did you make the oil?

Interesting I have never heard of making oil with male plants. They're high in CBD?

The seeds are great nutrition too, how did you make the oil?

no idea, but i didnt discriminate and used everything that i had left over....the hermies i harvested had some nice crystals on them so i used these along with all the stems/seeds/everything. cant hurt right?

Back
Top Bottom