ItsNatural's - Scrog - Truthband - MoneyMaker - Lemonskunks - Earthjuice - CFL/LED

Re: ItsNatural's - Scrog - Truthband - MoneyMaker - Lemonskunks - Earthjuice - CFL/LE

Lol, nervous about blowing up and being seen, I suppose that's enough... does kind of look like a nefarious activity if you didn't know, haha. If you had the time or inclination, you would have re-blasted though right? Is the potency down on that second run? Also what do you think the difference is between the 190 proof and 151, yeild/potency wise with shatter? I'm not sure I can get 190 here.

Thanks a ton for the writeup, makes it look alot more doable while still being a bit of a process. I think most people know, but please do this outdoors, or on an electric cooktop with tons of venting like ItsNatural, or both. Those vapors are bad to breathe, and obviously super flammable.
Thanks again

151 is a no go. But if that is all you can get there is a tutorial online that shows how to turn 151 into 190.

First about the alcohol: if you live in a state where you can obtain 190 proof grain alcohol then all you have to do is buy a bottle and you're ready to go!

Those of us who can only obtain 151 proof are wise to purchase a few lbs of molecular sieves from a legitimate lab supply store online in order to dry out 151 proof alcohol.

Molecular sieves are zeolite pebbles with pores just big enough to trap water molecules. Slowly pour the alcohol into a mason jar (preferably cooling in ice, the reaction gets HOT!) and let it sit overnight to allow particles to settle at the bottom and the water to be trapped by the sieves... you can leave the alcohol in that container until you've used it all (at which point you should burn off the remaining alcohol outside and then bake the sieves in the oven at max heat for a few hours to dry them out....

Be careful not to put alcohol
soaked sieves in the oven, the fumes can ignite and pop the oven door open... dry them or soak them in water first)

and the best tutorial for making the absolute shatter is on you tube labled

HOW TO MAKE ABSOLUTE BHO Shatter

its 19 mins and is pretty good at showing step by step.

Yes I would have reblasted it a second time in the same liquid from the first time. I dont think its really less potent. Just less yield on the second run. Plus you probably pull more waxes and other unwanted plant material. But winterizing it. (which is the process of freezing it and filtering it) removes most of that stuff anyway. I wish I would have ran it again. But That would have involved having to take the weed out of the tube, let it dry, crush it up a bit more, repack, refilter, and reblast. all while my bho liquid is sitting outside with all the bugs and dogs and unforseen things that would mess it up. So, I weight the pros and cons and didnt blast a second time.

By the way. While this IS VERY DANGEROUS. Dont let people scare you out of it. If you are a competent person with a decent head on your shoulders, you will be fine. I read ALOT before doing this and there is alway that person going to say its too dangerous not worth it. leave it to the pros. Im guessing they are the "pros" who would rather you pay them for it than just making it yourself and leaving them out. :)

Re: ItsNatural's - Scrog - Truthband - MoneyMaker - Lemonskunks - Earthjuice - CFL/LE

As for the shatter itself. Im still trying to dial in the temps on my enail. But this shit is POTENT!!! I take 2 or 3 dabs and im fried. And I havent used that term in forever until I dabbed this shatter. And the was the best word for it. FRIED. It has a very clean hi. I wouldnt call it a hi tho. Fried just seems to be the perfect term for it. Long lasting. Last hours. I always roll one for after the dabs. But i never seem to light it until a couple of hours later. VERY HAPPY with the result.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom