I've got bugs! Help identify?

jojo677

I noticed maybe 5 gnats flying around my grow room in the last 2-3 days, and I'm pretty sure they are fungus gnats, but would like confirmation. The first picture shows one of these. The second and third pictures show another bug I found, but I'm not sure if it's harmful or not. I found it on my Hydro vege garden several weeks ago, but it didn't seem to bother them. I don't want to risk it though!

I am growing plants in two types of mediums, Promix and Hempy (perlite + vermiculite). I assume the fungus gnats would only live in the Promix? I will treat them with sticky traps and I'll get some neem oil tomorrow. I'm glad I caught them early! As for the other bug, any ideas? My vege grow is in expanded clay, and one showed up on the perlite today, maybe they like these types of Hydro mediums?

Fungus gnat?
IMG_34532.JPG

Other insect, which has wings unfortunately:
IMG_34666.JPG

IMG_34613.JPG

Look like gnats to me...do you have any black spots/ nests on the bottom of any leaves?

Ok, so I sprayed all the plants with neem oil. I also sprayed the surface of the growing mediums. I'm curious as to how this works to kill the larvae if they live in the medium and eat roots? Do I need to apply it elsewhere too?

GanjaGoblin - They do look like carpet beetles! From what I read, a few shouldn't be a problem, as they may have come in from outdoors. I'll keep an eye on them though, as I don't want them eating my clothes, etc!

Back
Top Bottom