I've Got Dry, Up-Curled, Dark Greenish Leaf Tips. Please Help!

Adjective

Hi everyone! I'm a somewhat experienced indoor/outdoor grower, but these G-13 clones have me a bit stumped.

SOIL GROW

Strain - G-13
# of Plants - 6
Grow Type - Soil (Black Gold)
Grow Stage - Vegetative (2 wks in soil)
Pot Size - ~300 mL
Lights - 40w Full Spectrum flourescents / sunlight
Nutrients - Foxfarm / mycorrhizal mix
PH - 6.5
RH - not sure how to measure this...air or soil?...help?
Room Temperature - 70-80 degrees
Room Square Footage - 5' x 10' closet / on the porch
Pests - None Known

Problem: Only 2 weeks in, I'm already seeing a dark-greenish, up-curled drying or burn at the tips of the leaves. It's not the brown burn of an overdose, nor is it like the mid-leaf spottiness of a deficiency. It almost resembles a late-stage P deficiency in its color and distribution on the leaflet, but these plants are in early veg, so that makes no sense to me.

I'm happy to post photos if given permission. Any ideas?

Re: I've Got Dry, Up-Curled, Dark Greenish Leaf Tips... Please Help!

I've only watered once in the past 2 weeks with the nute mixture. Since then I've been watching the soil moisture and applying a little water drip/mist as necessary.

Yes they do.

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

This will help, looks like a couple different things, heat stress/PH issues/nute burn/thirst...or any combination of the four. Give them a good hard flush, feel the weight of the plant soaking wet and use the weight of the planter as an indicator of when to water until you get a feel for how much they need and when they need it.

Thanks for the tip, Southern.

I've been using the Problem Solver already, and according to that (and a few of my other reference books), it looks like my plants have a P deficiency, even though they're in early veg. That's why I wanted a more expert opinion, because I was almost sure I'd made a mis-diagnosis.

Is flushing considered the best solution for a P deficiency in early veg? Is there a reliable way to determine if it's a deficiency or a lockout?

Back
Top Bottom