Iwltfum's Recirculating Coco GH Journal - Harlequin - Blackwater OG - China Jack

iwltfum

Another round of cuttings, another great four or five months! Hopefully this one will be as fun as the other ones.

I just took a round of grodan cuttings for the first time ever. I usually clone in an areoponic ez-cloner, but I just ditched it for the old school block and dome method.

Day one:
I took clones as usual, although I'm starting to think I should have taken bigger ones.
So I prepared the blocks per the directions on the package, cut the clone, dipped it in clonex gel, put it in the cube, once they were all in place, I watered over the top with olivias cloning solution until I saw run off. I also put a seedling heat mat under the tray. And the dome vent settings at full open. Perfect! Right? The clones fell down droopy as soon as I put them in the blocks. A friend of mine clones like this and I remember him saying his did this for a day or two, so I wasn't too worried about it. I'm used to the clones standing at attention in the areoponic cloner, but hey, it's a different beast. I sprayed them lightly with some rooting hormone stuff, they didn't seem to react so I left them alone.

Day two:
Some of the clones have come back to life, some are looking like they are staring to come back, and some are still drooping. I watered with olivias again today until I saw run off.

Pictures to come

Cheers,
Tfum

IMG_045530.JPG

IMG_045627.JPG

IMG_045735.JPG

You should have trimmed the leaves if you didnt want them to droop. One of my many methods of cloning is just like you have here. Rockwool, cloning gel, and dome. Personally i keep my rockwool on a flat tray and always keep water in it. You can never water rockwool to much. I have 100% success. Those clones are fine you will just have smaller clones once they root. I keep a 26 watt CFL on my clones 24 hours. I put water in my tray and leave them in the box and dont check them for a week or so... Come back and they all have roots.

Edit to add: I do cut at a 45 degree cut and scrape the first layer of the stem off, 3/4 of an inch up. Then dip in gel and put in cubes.

Thanks for the input nitrohunter. I have a bit of a pet peeve about stagnant water so I decided to put that egg crate thing in there since I had it around. I'm planning on watering once a day until they start soaking up more water.

Day 3: Lookin good.

IMG_045836.JPG

Hey bro trying something new? Those clones look good, I hope all of them make it!

haha sure did. Thanks roach. I always appreciate your input.

Day 5: Everything is looking perky. Some of the leaves are twisting a little and some turning brown ever so slightly at the tips. Trying to figure out what that's from, but they look healthy over all. Kind of worried about keeping the dome on all the time as it is always very humid in there, but I have been forcing myself to take it off less (just once a day). Still confident these ladies will work out just fine.

IMG_045937.JPG

Pictures of the twisted and browning tips:
IMG_046034.JPG
IMG_046134.JPG
IMG_046230.JPG

Hey Iwltfum those clones are looking good. it is my experience that clones that dont wilt during the first 72 hrs usually make it and root.
Interesting that the leaves are curling, that happens to my clones too but I havent been able to figure out why.
Good to see you are doing fine, reps + fer the new thread

So I just thought I would post a mom update in here since I don't have a journal for them. I recycle moms when they get root bound. I always pull the strongest clone to replace it. Usually they last about 2-3 months. This one is my snowtrain mom and has been in veg for more than a year now. Decided to throw her outside in my coco pile and see what happens. This is the root ball after a year of veg (its been root bound for about 8 months). Recirculating coco GH

for some reason the picture isn't working. Figuring it out...

full

IMG_046834.JPG

That is a big pile of spent indoor soil. I think it will do well. I would like to see updates on the mother.

It's huge lol. and it's one of three piles. I hate wasting it, but it doesn't work as well the second time around. I've wanted to start a melon patch on one of them for a while. Maybe next season. I grow raspberries pretty successfully in one of the piles. I'll keep updating the outside snowtrain in this journal.

Hey Iwltfum!!

I like what you have going on. I've read a lot of information you throw around on this magazine and it's as good as gold. You're a talented individual. You should really add your journal to your signature. Had to do some digging to find it until the posts today and it popped up.

Hope you don't mind if I pull up a seat and just sit and watch. Keep up the great work!

Hey Iwltfum!!

I like what you have going on. I've read a lot of information you throw around on this magazine and it's as good as gold. You're a talented individual. You should really add your journal to your signature. Had to do some digging to find it until the posts today and it popped up.

Hope you don't mind if I pull up a seat and just sit and watch. Keep up the great work!

I appreciate that very much pigeons420! I have alot of respect for the information that you provide as well. For some reason, I like to hide in the crowd of journals. I'm still figuring out my journaling technique as well as my plant growing method so this is very much a "beta" version. That being said, you are (and anyone is) more than welcome to hop on the bus and watch. I welcome as much critique as you can throw at me. I'm still learning something new about plants everyday.

IMG_046927.JPG

This is what she looks like. That's my Green crack mom on the right that I did the same thing with. Both were really root bound and unhealthy looking, that's why they got to go on a field trip. Gave them a light casting tea as the transplant water since they are coming out of a sterile environment, I am hoping the microbes in the tea will get on the roots and ease the transplant stress. Light is not that great in this spot, but that's where the pile is so I'm kind of stuck there. They get about 4-5 hours of direct sunlight per day. They will get more as the sun gets lower in the horizon.

Why thank you!

The journal business can be a difficult one. It's tough to stand out in the crowd. I'm still trying to figure it out myself.

As for critique, I have a feeling I'm going to learn more than I'm going to critique. You got it goin on!

::edit:: I'm also growing green crack at the moment. She's 7 weeks into flower! Can wait to see your mom get to work!

::edit:: I'm also growing green crack at the moment. She's 7 weeks into flower! Can wait to see your mom get to work!

Can't say that I'm expecting too much out of either of them since they are both more than a year old, but it'll be nice having one last outdoor crop of them. They are currently looking great. They really picked up after the casting tea.

Side note number 2:

My seed bank order came in today. Whoop! Took seven days from the day I ordered it. Ireland to CO. Attitude really outdid themselves this time.
I popped (EDIT: started germinating) four non-fem seeds of Reefer man Hashplant (Leb HP x Cali HP) and one fem High Priority freebie [(Big bud x skunk #1) x UK Cheese] by 710 Genetics. Haven't ever heard of high priority and I think the name absolutely sucks, but I like the look of the genetics so what the hell, give it a try and it gives me an excuse to wait on popping the Cornbread by Rare Dankness (Katsu Bubba Kush x RareDankness #2, which is basically just an OG x Chemdawg with a couple other things thrown in). I'm way too excited about that one, but I really need a good sativa in the mix so I had to go with the Hashplant

Here are some other ones I picked up (or got as freebies) on this round:
-Neville's skunk by Mr Nice
-Old Blue x Rare Dankness #1 [basically, (OG Kush x Ghost OG) x Blueberry] by Rare Dankness
-Sour Kosher by DNA
-Chocolate Mint OG by Humbolt
-Auto Dedoverde Haze by Humbolt
-Blue Cheese by Dinafem
-Bubble Gum by THSeeds
-Super Shark by 710

Back
Top Bottom