J Dubbs First Real Grow

everything is looking good mate, looks like your on your way to having some very nice bud at the end, reps for the hardwork mate.
feel free to ask any questions,

remember to vote in the contests, the link below will take you to the main page then choose each contest and vote, plus also remember to enter your own plants or buds at the start of every month

thanks buddy! i appreciate all your feedback :thumb:

Still Looking good Horse! Very nice plants. To start I'm new at the whole thing so maybe don't take advice from me...but here it goes. Regarding your temps I have had the same exact problem with the outside temp and the temp of my grow box. I have my light on cycle at night to help a bit but my temps have been running in the mid to 80's pretty much for the last month and a half. I freeze two 2-litre pop bottles and put them in there right when the lights come on....8 P.M. and place them in front of the fans. I've this drops the temp by for degrees and they last for about 8 hrs. I have seen no ill side effects from the high temps but I dont have any comparison since again this is my first grow. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in...hope it helps!

the guide for growing is 78f, thats what the say, how ever my plants seem to grow a lot quicker and i mean a lot quicker at 85f, sometimes its a high as 90, my plants show no signs of stress and they really are growing quicker then if the temp was below 80, however this depends on strains, where some of these plants grow naturaly the temp is in the 90s for most the day and sometimes its hotter, so 78f been a guide is not the temp that they naturally grow in, some do how ever so some plants will show signs of stretch like the edges of the leaves curling upwards etc, so id say see where your plants grow best and keep the temps in that range, i always kept the temp below 80f to make sure my plants where happy, but then i switched to hps and struggled to keep temps down but i then found i was wasting my time as my plants prefer the higher temps and grow quicker,

Horse, my advice to keep the nighttime temps in check would be to cycle your lights on at night during the cooler hours of the day, portable a/c units also work great, i used 8 of them in my last co-op grow, but you still need to vent that exit exhaust.frozen bottles during the hottest part of the cycle would also help. In the picture of yours with the "johnson controls" thermostat, where did you pick that up? i need it.....lol.....anywho i will keep updated on your grow....BTW I am excited for you and your new tent!!!!! Tents are one of the best ways to keep contaminates out of your grow. best of luck to you.... JON

ive not tried the tents yet, but i have a spare bedroom that i may use to grow in, for now im using 2 x 3ft by 3ft built in drying rooms, i live in a flat so it has these built in cupboards that have heaters in the back and vents at the top, so i block the vent off to stop smells and use these to grow and flower in, but im thinking about having another grow room set up, so im looking at tents, but i need to check how strong they are for holding the lights etc, so i need to check at a hydro shop

Still Looking good Horse! Very nice plants. To start I'm new at the whole thing so maybe don't take advice from me...but here it goes. Regarding your temps I have had the same exact problem with the outside temp and the temp of my grow box. I have my light on cycle at night to help a bit but my temps have been running in the mid to 80's pretty much for the last month and a half. I freeze two 2-litre pop bottles and put them in there right when the lights come on....8 P.M. and place them in front of the fans. I've this drops the temp by for degrees and they last for about 8 hrs. I have seen no ill side effects from the high temps but I dont have any comparison since again this is my first grow. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in...hope it helps!

Thats an awesome idea!! it has been cool the past couple days thanks to some much needed rain but i am totally going to test that out here when the days heat up again!! thanks bro!

the guide for growing is 78f, thats what the say, how ever my plants seem to grow a lot quicker and i mean a lot quicker at 85f, sometimes its a high as 90, my plants show no signs of stress and they really are growing quicker then if the temp was below 80, however this depends on strains, where some of these plants grow naturaly the temp is in the 90s for most the day and sometimes its hotter, so 78f been a guide is not the temp that they naturally grow in, some do how ever so some plants will show signs of stretch like the edges of the leaves curling upwards etc, so id say see where your plants grow best and keep the temps in that range, i always kept the temp below 80f to make sure my plants where happy, but then i switched to hps and struggled to keep temps down but i then found i was wasting my time as my plants prefer the higher temps and grow quicker,

i have heard that about higher temps, and people say with co2 introduced into the environment you can easily maintain 90F temps with no side effects and fantastic growth! i am going to try bumping my day time temps up from 72-79 to about 74-83 ill let you know how it goes! thanks man

Horse, my advice to keep the nighttime temps in check would be to cycle your lights on at night during the cooler hours of the day, portable a/c units also work great, i used 8 of them in my last co-op grow, but you still need to vent that exit exhaust.frozen bottles during the hottest part of the cycle would also help. In the picture of yours with the "johnson controls" thermostat, where did you pick that up? i need it.....lol.....anywho i will keep updated on your grow....BTW I am excited for you and your new tent!!!!! Tents are one of the best ways to keep contaminates out of your grow. best of luck to you.... JON

haha dude amazon! so clutch! search johnson controls A419 single stage thermostat! its been great so far just a little confusing to set up but i could help you out with that haha simple after you understand it. yeah as soon as i have the extra cash i am totally investing in a portable a/c unit! it would make my life 10x easier hahah

ive not tried the tents yet, but i have a spare bedroom that i may use to grow in, for now im using 2 x 3ft by 3ft built in drying rooms, i live in a flat so it has these built in cupboards that have heaters in the back and vents at the top, so i block the vent off to stop smells and use these to grow and flower in, but im thinking about having another grow room set up, so im looking at tents, but i need to check how strong they are for holding the lights etc, so i need to check at a hydro shop

Dude don! no needs to bother with hydro shop gorilla grow tents are the only way to go, they hold up to 300 lbs!! check out their website ( gorillagrowtent.com ) theres an awesome video that will help you understand why to go with theirs but a bunch of other tents are made out of plastic, and are a complete waste of money but these bad boys are built to last and built to pump out mega yields! check em out bro. cheers!

Thats an awesome idea!! it has been cool the past couple days thanks to some much needed rain but i am totally going to test that out here when the days heat up again!! thanks bro!

Rain???? What the hell is that?!?!?! We could definatley use that here!!! Glad to hear your temps have been much more manageable as of late! Makes life that much easier! I'm sure this would go w/o saying...if you do use the pop/ice idea be sure to put a bowl underneath it to catch the condensation. I usually get about 3 cups per bottle, Can make quit a mess not that I would know....;) LOL!
Good luck:goodluck:

you want rain, come to my country and you will have rain every day through the winter and summer, we are halfway through summer here and have not had any sun, my secret outdoor plants have not had much sun, hoping their still alive, chances are their not.

@horsetits, ill check them tent out mate, sounds like it could be my next purchase

any chance you could go to that site n copy n paste me the link in here, when i search for it it just comes up with some 20sec you tube vid, it dont take me to no site, when i click on the vids it says it has been removed, not sure why i cant get on their or even see the site

Back
Top Bottom