J1 - 2 x Dr Grinspoon & CS Feminising

J189RFC

So in my other thread I mentioned that I was waiting to put a DrG in water and get that ball rolling. I did that today. Tomorow night into paper towel, next day soil. I figured since this strain is poorly documented I will give it my best go. I'm going to run these to their second/third node and switch to 12/12,maybe 1145/1215 I hear it is way long to flower and might just not flower under 1212. Is it running with others but thats ok. There is a whole breading program in my active journal.

Strain: Dr Grinspoon
Flowering 100days Pure sative
Soil Organic
400wHPS + 90w LED

Wish me luck! :peace:

re: J1 - 2 x Dr Grinspoon & CS Feminising

Hey iluvsnow and gramfan, I'm really worried about this strain, mostly cause they cost 15$ each! (60$/5) and I'm worried that if they don't germ I wont be able to get a resend and will have wasted my chance to make a super potent cross that will end up with tons of sativa genetics and potency.

Yet I'm super excited at the same time because I get to experiment and have some fun. I hope they don't get root bound ....

Ignition, green light, it's a go

private_nov30th-2.jpg

So they are both up! So far so good.
private_dec3_2014-1.jpg
private_dec3_2014-2.jpg

Cool... but I've gotta ask. Maybe it's the angle of the shot, but to me it looks like the surface of the soil is around 4" (~100mm) from the top of the pot. why so low? more soil = bigger root system = better nutrient uptake = better yield

Some one noticed! I was worried about stretch during seedling phase so I thought I could mostly fill the pots, and once they get to the right size I would fill them. I don't think I will do this in the future though, mostly because of the new LED on the way.

:) thanks for stopping in.

Not much to update, they are looking good. Always a little slow at this stage. Second leaves are coming up now. Was hoping to flip the 11th but it might be later. I want everyone to have at least 3 full sets of leaves, and by then my LED should be here!

Ooooo, a Dr Grinspoon grow! I'm in!

:thumb:

It's on the list for my next seed buy. I'm going to enjoy watching yours - thank you! :cheesygrinsmiley:

CS? You're gonna S1 it?

I'm really excited and slightly worried. I think I want the wispy pheno... but I'm also sure I want at least some buds from it. Either way the next grow is going to be a home made DrG cross!

Welcome all! I am hoping to increase the yield and decrease the flowering time. But I don't want to bring it down too much. Maybe into the 80 day period would be good. As for yield, not worried. Even if it's only 1oz a plant over 100 days I'll just have to put more in the ground! My big worry is trimming. All those loose, wispy free flowing buds.... *snip,snip,snip,snip.......*

Added more soil to the one thats all bent over. Will be pinching the big one tomorrow morning so I can have enough branches to pollinate! Soon begins the CS treatment. Going to slowly introduce 11.5/12.5 to make sure that the sativas are doing their thing. Also going to light proof the closet a little bit better. Just in case.

Back
Top Bottom